• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How's the month of September ???

rickc77

Mouseketeer
Just wondering how the month of September was for Disney. I've gone during the months of Aug and Oct, but never Sept...thought I'd give it a try this year......any comments would be great.

September is absolutely my favorite month to go to WDW. After Labor Day the crowds (what crowds??) fall off to nothing. No lines, no waits, no hassles. It's wonderful.

The only time it gets crowded is on the weekends in the MK. That is normally the only time they have the fireworks and which ever parade they are doing at night.

It is warm enough to swim most, if not all, of the month. I like it really warm for swimming and temps in the upper 80's or low 90's are not uncommon for September.

The trade off for all of this is shorter hours. But you can accomplish so much more in the day, you don't end up feeling cheated. And, of course, EPCOT is still open until 9 p.m.

The weather is usually beautiful. Of course it is hurricane season, so you need to keep a watch out for that. I was there several years ago when WDW did have a tropical storm. It was no big deal. I spent a wonderful morning at Port Orleans sitting on the boat dock watching the birds and the fish. It was like I had my own private resort. For nearly 3 hours I never saw another guest. By that afternoon, I was back at EPCOT.

So give September a try. You won't be disappointed.

Roberta .... who's had 9 of her 13 trips to WDW in September.

I was there for five days last September and it was wonderful. Low crowds and gorgeous weather. I think you will enjoy it, Rick.

Katholyn

Still too hot for my taste as far as theme parks go, waterparks are a different story though. I'd opt for early November to get the real 'chamber of commerce' weather.

:D September,? excellent any time after labor day. Go and have a great time.:bounce:

One word: Awsome. And if you're traveling solo or with only adults, there's a little more adult atmosphere in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter