Hubby Doesn't Know Yet!

barbnbrian

I'm a Redhead, too!
Confessions of a Disneyaholic! I've booked airline, hotel and bought 5 day passes already for a July 4th trip and haven't told my husband yet! I've already marked our calendar and told him we're taking vacation that week, I just haven't told him where we're going and what we're doing! Earlier in the year I had hinted about going to Universal this summer for a change and mentioned the deals available for park tickets and the great rates at the Universal hotels, etc. I just failed to mention that I've booked it!

I know he will like the vacation, it's just that he's going to say we've got other things to do with our money this year. I did get 3 free roundtrip airline tickets with our airline points and got a good deal on the other two ($315.00 total, roundtrip, nonstop). I've booked the HRH at the Entertainment rate of $125 per night and bought the 5 consecutive days passes off the US/IOA website. I've been stashing cash and saving up for awhile. The airline tickets and passes are all paid for and my goal now is to have enough cash saved up to pay off the hotel. If I basically have everything but food and spending cash saved up, I should be all set.

We going with my sister and her family. I told sis we're going to have to break the news to hubby over the EAster holiday when we're all together. My plan to have the four adults go out for the evening, give him a few beers and get him in a real good mood.

I'm nuts about Disney, my DH has that "Been there, done that, not going back" type attitude. I would go every year if I could and would give up a lot just to be able to go. Now that the kids have been to WDW a couple times and are starting to get older, I thought they'd love Universal for a change. I've only been to US, never IOA. Hubby and son have been to IOA. I know he will love going to US/IOA and getting front of the line privelege. He'll also love having the extra time we'll have for nonpark days and hanging around the pool.

Help me come up with some good selling points to win him over! Any one else ever do this, book a trip and not say anything until it's too late? I'm starting to get nervous about spilling the beans.

The last time

When tellling him, do like I do, focus on how much you have SAVED, not spent LOL!! If you do it that way, he may not realize how much you are really spending. Which by the way, I think you did great, 3 free r/t airfares & the Entertainment rate for HRH! Remind him of the Front of the Line Access, the great pool, Citywalk......all you need is there .....without leaving property etc........... Goodluck & let us know how it worked out!!!

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter