Hyatt Grand Cypress President's week

funcinderella

DIS Veteran
Just got back from the Hyatt. We stayed 5 nights 2/20-2/25, using Priceline at 145 per night. Here's some of my thoughts:

Pool: it's beautiful, BUT they only heat a very small pool for use (which has a tiny slide; water temp reported as 81). The big waterfall pool with the big slide had a reported temp of 58! I did try that slide and it was COLD!! And mind you, the weather was beautiful when we were there (sunny and 74-77 every day).

Ambience: I felt like we were the only people there who even went to Disney. Practically everyone was there for a convention. It did not feel Disney-like at all. We felt very out of place. (And we didn't even have the kids with us, just adults.)

Location: While the location is very close to Downtown Disney as the crow flies, you still have to go out to Apopka Blv. (I forget the full name) where the traffic lights are horrendous and easily add 10 minutes to the ride. But, halfway through our stay, we tried turning to the left when we exited the resort and found a short cut to the MK. (Turn left out of the resort and then left at the Disney employee softball field, maybe 1-2 miles, and that is the road that Fort Wilderness is on. It brings you through a bunch of employee areas, and then you see FW, and then to the MK. Plus, it brings you past the Poly and then curves around behind the parking fee gates, so as an added bonus you don't have to pay to park at the MK! We have APs, so we don't pay either way, but it was interesting that there is that loophole...)

Beds were awesome, and they give you 4 pillows per bed. Slept like a rock!

It's a long walk to the parking lot, so that's a negative.

We didn't use the amenities that you pay $15 per day for, so I can't comment on those. We did see a lot of bikes and a few surrey bikes that looked like fun.

Since our flight was canceled, we ended up having to stay one more day and went to Pop Century. We feklt much more at home there! (Although the beds were not nearly as comfortable...)

We have now stayed there for 2 vacations and I feel the same as you. On our first trip, without kids, we enjoyed it more. We really enjoyed Cascades for b'fast -- pricey, but great.

On our 2nd trip with a 3 year old, we didn't enjoy it. I agree about feeling like the ONLY family there, with everyone else running around to meetings in suits! DH and I see enough of that in real life, lol, don't need that on vacation! For the 2nd part of our trip we were at Marriott's Grand Vista and the Poly and we were SO much happier at both!

We hate the parking there as well, especially with a stroller and kids. Not convenient at all. We are spoiled by DVC Old Key West and parking outside of our door of our villa...

The rooms need updating as well at Grand Cypress, they haven't changed one bit in the 7+ years between our 2 trips. The pools are beautiful for sure, and that is one plus of staying at a "convention" hotel - less pool users!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter