Hyatt?

Target

Mouseketeer
How is the Hyatt by the airport? We have been assigned that hotel by DCL and I was wondering if it was nice, pool, etc?:Pinkbounc :bounce:

The Hyatt is IN the airport. :) Very convenient. It's a nice hotel, I've stayed there several times.

We stayed there during the day prior to flying home late. Very comfortable room and the pool was great. I was actually surprised how quiet it was, considering all the plane traffic.

The Hyatt is a great hotel. Rooms were very nice and newspaper was delivered to your door in the morning. Don't know if they had a pool since we arrived in Orlando around 7:30pm and were ready to get on the bus to the ship by 9:30 the next morning.

We are in the Hyatt (and on the same cruise) with you ,Target!
It's supposed to be a very nice property with good amenities!
We'll see you there! :wave:

Nice hotel. Very easy to get to. Also if you arrive early, lots to do with the shops Disney, Sea World etc...

We did not swim there, but stopped by to look and it was crowded.

If you are taking the Disney, make sure when you check in that you confirm that you are on DCL to ensure that your bags are handled the next morning.

We really enjoyed the Hyatt a few weeks ago. We arrived early enough to swim before many other people arrived. The area gets into the shade somewhat early, so go the pool early if you want to dry off in the sun. The water fountain shooting out of the wall was a kick for my kids and DH. The pool gets shallow again at that end, so even the little ones can enjoy it. The exorcise room was also nice, to get that circulation going after the flight. There are bird cages in various areas that my kids enjoyed 'discovering'. You can go to the airport food court for meals, there is a restaurant for sit down or fast food places. I liked the Bagel place for both breakfast before the cruise and lunch on the return trip.
It was a great hotel and considering we are at DCL's mercy, I half expected someplace cheaper. My DD made a friend at the morning transportation check-in movie, that she stuck with for the whole cruise.
Enjoy!

We too highly recommend the Airport Hyatt. It is a very nice hotel. Also, you do not hear the roar of the jets on takeoff or landing. It amazes us how they can noiseproof the hotel.
It is extremely convenient to just put your bags in the hall in the morning and just go downstairs to board the bus for the trip to the port. The convenience is worth the extra cost if staying on your own. We did not go through Disney to get our air transportation. We simply let them know at the desk of the Hyatt that we were going on the Disney Cruise the next day and they gave us a letter with instructions about what time to put the luggage in the hallway, what time to come down to the lobby, etc.
Very convenient.

Connie

Hello all, i have to say all the info i get from these boards is FANTASMIC! My DH and I are also flying in the day before and were thinking about staying at the Hyatt. From what im reading i guess that will be what we do. A BIG thankyou to all who post answers on these boards, since planning my next cruise in Jan i have become a DIS board junkie. My DH and I are amazed at all the responses and helpfull info we obtain on here. THANKS AGAIN!
julie

Target, We are coming from Annapolis, not far from you, and staying at the Hyatt before our cruise on Sat. also. We didn't book our air through DCL, but just decided to go down a day early in case of bad weather. The web site for hotel looks great and I have gotten a $99 internet rate. Barb

We stayed at the Hyatt after our October cruise. We loved it! The desk staff was extremely kind and helpful. We requested a runway view because our 3yo DS loves to watch airplanes. The view was great and we spent the afternoon in the pool. Early in the evening a huge lightning and thunder storm blew in and we spent hours just looking out the window at the airplanes waiting to take off. For much of the storm the planes were grounded so it was fun to watch them taxi around and try to take off during breaks in the storm.

As Barb stated be sure to check out the internet rates. They're sort of buried on their web page but if I remember correctly we saved about $50 using that rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter