Hyperspace Mountain Refurbishment August 12th and 14th

YayforMickey

Mouseketeer
I don't understand why Hyperspace Mountain shows that it will be closed for refurbishment on Monday, August 12 and Wednesday, August 14. They aren't even consecutive days. Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

I'm wondering if it's one day to stop the Hyperspace Mountain, and one day to start up Ghost Galaxy? But like you said, it would make most sense for it to be back-to-back days.

I really hope they don’t switch it over that soon. We arrive 8/12 and hyperspace is our favorite version
I hope so, too! Our first park day is the 13th. Our family always misses Hyperspace Mountain by a hair. And we aren't huge fans of Ghost Galaxy.

For the last few years we have been at Disneyland this week, and it has never been under refurbishment before. All the rides are usually running full speed from what we can tell.

Watching this thread. It's so weird that it would be running on Tuesday, but not on Monday or Wednesday. But it better be running Tuesday! That's the only day part of our traveling party will be able to ride it if it's open!

I’m not exactly sure why the schedule isn’t showing for those two days but if it were to close to transform into the Ghost Galaxy overlay (I don’t believe it is) it wouldn’t be showing schedule availability for after those dates. I am getting the schedule to appear as far out as August 17th currently. I wouldn’t expect Hyperspace to go down until *at least* after the D23 Expo weekend is over and done with. My guess would be late August...

They can do the ghost galaxy install in half a day and that won’t open until Halloween time starts on September 6.

I’m a fan of space mountain with no overlay. Ghost galaxy is just awful and while hyperspace mountain is cool it makes me nauseous too much movement in the screens so it’s a no go unless it’s back to the original for me.

They can do the ghost galaxy install in half a day and that won’t open until Halloween time starts on September 6.

That’s what I figured. Just odd there’s random “schedule not available” days in the middle of the normal operating week schedule. Maybe a data entry error or a missed entry? Idk...

Just thought I'd update this thread based on my findings today. Hyperspace Mountain shows as operational as of August 20th... I predict it probably will last until the D23 Expo weekend has come and gone. Could be wrong... but that's my theory!

It still shows no hours on Monday, August 12th and on Wednesday, August 14th. I wish they would explain it or fix it.

It still shows no hours on Monday, August 12th and on Wednesday, August 14th. I wish they would explain it or fix it.

Honestly, I'm not sure why this is like that... they wouldn't close the attraction down on two random days like that without making any sort of change to it, I would think. Unless they are doing some wicked fast refurbishments or maintenance... to be honest, if they don't fix the hours online, I'd either call them up to let them know what's happening on the calendar for these dates... or just turn up to the park on that day and hope for the best. Like I said, it doesn't really make sense to have it randomly close like that with Hyperspace running in between. I would imagine it would be open as per usual.

Just curious, has anyone called to ask about those refurb dates? Our last day is the 12th so not the end of the world for us but I’d definitely want to add it to our ‘ride one last time’ list if it’s open.

What is interesting is if you go to the day by day park hours calendar the only thing showing under refurbishment is Red Car Trolley. Space isn't listed. It is just missing hours when you go to the attraction page itself that it shows no hours for those 2 days.

What is interesting is if you go to the day by day park hours calendar the only thing showing under refurbishment is Red Car Trolley. Space isn't listed. It is just missing hours when you go to the attraction page itself that it shows no hours for those 2 days.
I actually do see it on the day by day park hours calendar if I look at it just one day at a time. Both Monday and Wednesday show Hyperspace Mountain under refurbishment just above the DCA information. The Red Car Trolley refurbishment is further down on the page.

I actually do see it on the day by day park hours calendar if I look at it just one day at a time. Both Monday and Wednesday show Hyperspace Mountain under refurbishment just above the DCA information. The Red Car Trolley refurbishment is further down on the page.
Ah I missed that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter