I am going to cry, I just read about the beginning of November!

Mug Abusers Week!!! :jester: LOL!!!! :crazy:
Now I have to find out when that is!! There is no way I am going down there for that!:crazy:
My list of "groups to avoid" at WDW used to be topped by the "cheerleaders"......until now! LOL

Just remember New Jersey is only ONE of FIFTY states!
When is Ohio week??

Mug abusers week!! LOL!! Thanks for the laugh!! Really though if you keep reading you will find something wrong with EVERY day of the year. WDW is so big that there's always something going on. One time people I know thought they were so smug going after schools opened in September only to find that Epcot (the park they wanted to spend the most time in) was mobbed with school educational type of trips the week they were there. Moral, don't worry, you will have a great time no matter when you go!!

Have a Wonderful Trip!!!

I'm confused. You say you are staying at the Poly concierge, but you haven't checked for rooms yet? Then how do you know you are staying at the Poly concierge? Or is that where you "want" to stay?

Anne

I would skip that week altogether. Maybe DH and I were in some sort of "alternate universe WDW" this year, but a 45 minute wait for Jungle Cruise spells bad news to me! And how about a 15 minute wait for Small World? Who waits in line for that ride???:D At any rate, we were there 11/2-11/10 and it would take a lot to get me back in WDW during Jersey Week/Super Soap/Veterans Day. Spend the money to change the airfare and go a week later.

Good luck!

Erin :D

Ah, yes, the cheerleaders. We were at AS Sport last Feb. and there must have been some sort of cheerleading competition going on. My heart goes out to those girls. We met one from California who was experiencing a difficult adjustment to the "seven-hour time difference." Honestly, no matter when you go, there will be something going on that is out of your control. Fortunately, I assure you these things will not impair your ability to have a wonderful vacation. If anything, they will add some element of humor to your journey, as they have never failed to do for mine ;)

when is cheerleader week? we are going feb 7-15--now i'm really nervous!!! :D

It may be more than a week. It seemed like some competition that was painfully never-ending. I was there Jan. 31-Feb 10 last year and they were at the All Star Resorts during my entire stay. No need for wake-up calls because they are up practicing on site during the early hours. Luckily, we are staying at AKL this year:)

Come-on now everyone!!!!!:)
Stop worrying!! :)
No matter what time of year it is, you will ABSOLUTELY have a FANTASTIC and MAGICAL time!!!
It is WDW!!
Just keep the right attitude and always a sense of humor.:jester:
No matter what group is there at that time, you can always find a way to avoid the park they are in, etc.
You just have to go at the time it is convenient for YOU!
And if you have a choice then better yet!!! Then you can just choose to go at a different time.

What you will want to be aware of are things like the park hours, and what may not be showing. Such as, if you are only going from Monday to Friday during the winter months.....you will not be able to see the night-time parade. It's things like that we take into consideration!.......and......

Like......everyone MUST avoid the Mug Abusers Week!!!!:crazy: Still LOL about that one:)

A warning to all, the week of Feb. 27 - March 7 2004 will be TERRIBLE! It's right after President's Week and before Easter and right around Mardi Gras! Besides, the whole Daniels family will be there! Stay Away!!

Bill From PA

Okay Bill.......We see what you are doing!:D
Trying to scare everyone away so you will have the parks to yourself!:D
Not going to work!! :D

Hey Bill....maybe we'll see you there! March 4-10 for my B-day.
I'm originally from Kingston, but now live in Harrisburg.

First of all, I have to echo previous posts - "most of we people from NJ are really nice"...........Secondly, we were there in November of 2000 and actually what I noticed most, was that the people I would jabber with, were from New Jersey also. I don't think it's a big deal - it didn't seem any more crowded than other times. I guess my point is, there is always something going on - just go and enjoy.................

SharonS,

Hi, Ex-Neighbor!

Are you planning that far ahead, too? We're talking 2004 here. If so, we'll have to try to run into each other, I can be found at the Rose & Crown for at least a pint or two most days we're there. If it's this March you're going, have a great time, I'm jealous.

cindyfan,

Well, did it work?

Bill From PA

We'll be there too (November 8 to 15) and I'm not worrying about it at all. I just can't wait to go. Still searching for good airfares.

Don't be afraid of us Jersey people-we're only a little scary LOL!We were there last November and found MGM was actually LESS crowded on Super-soap weekend (we were there on Saturday). It seems the "reverse logic" thing goes into effect (people stay away thinking it will be more crowded and the soap people are off doing whatever it is that they do). As far as the Jersey thing, most of us go the first week of November so for those of you arriving later in the week we'll be clearing out!!!

Also the Epcot food and wine festival is usually during that time. Again, while people were sampling the food and wine the attractions seemed less crowded especially in future world. (We walked right onto spaceship earth and test track in the middle of the afternoon!) Also the weather is great that time of year! (and France has GREAT champagne for $4 at the F&W festival!)

We'll be there again this year and on the Magic October 30, 2004!

Hey Irish-We're neighbors!!!

THANK YOU to everyone! I am now much more at ease. I kept my flight,which was $209.00 RT, and will keep my Poly reservations as is. I wish everyone a wonderful trip and 2003.

Nicanna

Bill from PA.....we will probably be there both times. I am a DVC member and own at Boardwalk. My birthday is March 5th, so I like to go down for it.

We are definitely going this March and May. We were down in 2002 in March, May, August, and October!

Sharon

Don't worry!!! I had the same concerns when we went last year, that very same week. We had no problems with the crowds. Don't change your plans.

nicanna,

You'll be fine just go and enjoy yourself. You'll have a blast no matter whos there. The only day I've learned to avoid is July 4th. Never again in my life! I always vacation at that time but we take the 4th to enjoy the day by the pool.

Besides, Jersey people are great and I'm from MA too! But watch out for those refillable mug people YIKES!

Have a great time,
Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter