"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

Great pictures of an empty EPCOT. THIS I LOVE!!! ^^^

Thank you!!

INCREDIBLE picture. Wow! Worth the wait!

Thanks! I'm glad I waited for the monorail. Definitely worth it to me.

"Um. Tap? On the rocks. "

No soup for me.

:sad2:

Food at Citrico's looks fantastic!

:laughing:
And yes, it was excellent!

Does sound like a strange breakfast experience. I know what you mean about waitstaff drawing attention. I bring my own take-out containers to meals so I don't have to take a Styrofoam box. I keep the reusable plastic in my van. Quite often the server will make a big deal, which is kind of awkward.

Yeah, you'd think that most servers would be intent on making guests feel as happy and comfortable as possible, even if only to increase their tips. It's unfortunate when it doesn't work that way.

Glad you had a better experience at Skippers. I had a solo meal there in October. My waiter pretty much ignored me.

Thanks! That's really too bad that you didn't have a good solo experience there. I've never done a solo ADR, but I'd be disappointed if I were treated differently by my server just because I was alone there. If I were a server, if anything, I'd want to pay MORE attention to someone who was dining alone if they seemed receptive.

OMG I love, LOVE that Mary Popping Dooney and I have not seen it before! But I may have to come home with it later this month ;)

It's my new pride and joy. A beautiful bag! And I liked the style, too. I don't have any bags like that. It's really roomy, but not obnoxiously big. And I like it better than the satchel ones with the zipper than goes all the way around, which is what my other purse-sized Dooney is like.

And where may I ask did you get your "My oh my what a wonderful day" shirt, because I love that also and may have to get myself that this month, too :rotfl2:

:laughing: I got it from WonderlandTeesShop on Etsy! I feel like I'm always taking a gamble when I order online, especially from Etsy, but this seller was great and the shirt was pretty much exactly what I was expecting. It was a bit thin, but it didn't feel cheap and was soft, and that was perfect for the hot days.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/583...a-wonderful-day-shirt?ref=shop_home_active_53

I'm not surprised N preferred school bread to the cream-filled horn pastry from Kringla. I've tried a few other pastries there that look good to me and while they're not bad, I always come back to the school bread!

Yeah, he was worried because he's not a big coconut fan. But he seemed to decide that it was okay because the coconut is toasted. And he really liked it! He said the horn thing was okay, kind of like a long (can I say "phallic" on the Dis!?) cream puff. But it wasn't as good as school bread. Later in the trip we were at another park and he made a point to tell me that he was already craving school bread again, so I think it was a win! :laughing:

Aah! The Mary Poppins Dooney was the one that made me buy my first Dooney & Burke bag. They are SO gorgeous! I ended up getting this one, but it was so hard to decide between them! So exciting to see someone else loving it too!

So beautiful! I love the Mary Poppins patterns! I looked at the one you got, too. They're beautiful bags! Part of me wants to take it everywhere I go always, and the other part wants to keep it locked up in my closet never to see the light of day so it's never tarnished from it's current perfect state. :goodvibes

We are doing that in less than 2 months. It'll be our first time to have a PPO ADR in another park besides AK.

I hope you have a great breakfast! We'd only ever done BOG for a PPO breakfast before this. My strategy was always to rope drop, and then to do a breakfast/brunch later once we got some rides in. But I liked the PPO strategy, too, for how empty the parks are!

"Waddled" is a common means of exiting B&C. Absolutely love this picture!

:laughing: ::yes::

Suffice it to say I've been largely lurking along with this amazing report until taco piñata made me comment again the other day - I've been super busy with "real life" stuff and haven't been able to keep up with all my Dis friends' trip reports! But for some reason I keep coming back to catch up on yours :flower3: and holy whoa was it worth it for the whirlwind February report! I almost feel like I got to do that solo MK adventure with you. SO much fun and what a great way to end your trip!

Thank you so much! (Taco piñata is a very good reason to emerge and comment! Totally worth it! :laughing:) I'm having a hard time keeping up with everyone's reports, too. Life keeps getting in the way! Thanks so much for coming back around and catching up when you have the time! I FINALLY made my way over to your current dining report, but I got about two updates in and then got pulled away into something else. But it's on my radar now, finally!

Mary Poppins is my favorite film of all time and I had to seriously restrain myself from buying one of these gorgeous bags when I was down there in January. I think I actually squealed at top decibel when I saw them! I'm on a "saving money for the wedding budget" so I have to behave myself around souvenirs but gosh if I was under budget I'd do exactly what you did!

Ooh, I so know what the wedding saving thing is like! It will be totally worth it on your special day! But yes...if anything is going to be a big temptation to spend money, that Mary Poppins Dooney has to take the cake! So gorgeous!

Definitely puts a smile on my face while looking at my last 30 days on my countdown (excruciating!)

It's so close now — will be here before you know it!! :hyper:

Great early morning Epcot pics! And such cute pics at Akershus!

Thanks! The princesses were in prime selfie form this morning!

Your morning at MK sounds like it was nice!

It was really nice! Definitely a great way to spend our last day.

The horseback ride sounds like it was a cool treat and something different to do!

It really made for a nice break from the busyness of Disney. It was really nice!

What a fun solo evening at Mk! You got a lot done and I love all the photos documenting it! How crazy to be evacuated off SPlash, I'm glad you had time to sneak in Pirates as your final ride.

I kept thinking about how tired I was getting, and then I'd be like..."just one more ride!" I was happy with how much I accomplished! The evacuation was crazy for sure! But I'm also glad I got to end things on a good note with Pirates.

So we get married, I cut off my hair and now he's all over Rapunzel... Awkward...

:laughing:

If long hair's what he wants though...it's a lot of maintenance...Punzie can have him! :rotfl2:

Um.... long lost sister?

I wish! But thanks, I take that as a compliment!

You stay away from that hairy harlot, Rapunzel!

:rotfl: Yes, this! Minnie was totally on my side!

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Mind blown...

Right!? I remember seeing on someone else's TR a while back that there was a "hidden Everest" here and once you see it, you can't unsee it.

And there's not much to his paper thin pizza at all. He was probably still hungry.

Agreed! Flatbreads are an interesting variation for QS dining, but they're also not super substantial. Fortunately, leaving a little bit hungry was kind of the goal here (hence the kids' meal for me....which didn't work out so well!) because we had Hoop Dee Doo in only a few hours. Otherwise, I think he would have been more frustrated about it.

Thank goodness!!! I don't know what I'd do if I didn't get to see this taco pinata.

I figured as much! Hopefully worth the wait.

Good thing you found out then. I don't know about the GF menu, but I freakin loved their breakfast potatoes. The rest was pretty much "meh" though.

I think that was the biggest disappointment for me. I'm not sure whether the potatoes are gluten free, but I stay away from dairy, too. I was told they had gluten and dairy free potatoes, so I was excited to try them...and they were super disappointing! Bland, dry, undercooked grated potatoes! Blechk. But I've heard the regular potatoes are really great! I make a similar kind of casserole at home with very minimal dairy, and it's a huge hit.

Also, this is the meal where I learned that I don't like pickled herring. Especially not for breakfast. :confused: ...Norway, you're great, but sometimes I really don't understand you...

Clearly you're the queen of wall selfies.

Thank you! I wear that crown with pride! princess:

Creatures of habit, are we?

Yep! Probably to a fault! Also, these were just the best-looking things on the allergy menus, and I'd rather eat the same thing twice than eat something less delicious just in the interest of changing it up. Actually, technically the No Way Jose isn't even on the allergy menu because the hot fudge has dairy, but they'll make it with chocolate syrup if you ask for it, which is an excellent compromise, I think! The only thing that might have swayed me from our "usual" would have been possibly having a banana split modified for allergies. Nathan's a fan, and I would have been open to it. But there's just something about that peanut butter sauce that calls my name.... :hyper:

:laughing: I suppose! I learned (afterwards) that you could order half sizes. Next time (assuming there is one) I'll order the burger and a half size of... whatever strikes my fancy that day.

That's good to know! Because those servings are ginormous. If we hadn't been sharing...there would have been no way...

Sigh. I still do.

Does that mean I'm still a kid at heart?

Yes! In the best of ways!

I saw the trailer after posting that. I can't wait to see it. Loved the original and am pretty stoked about this new one.

::yes::

Welcome to PCLand in California or PCWorld in Florida.

I feel you there. I mean, I can definitely see where they're coming from. And as a female person, and a feminist, I'm all for progress, and not continuing to perpetuate these kind of narratives where a woman is considered property. Literally objectifying a woman naturally leads to making it seem more okay for her not to be treated equally with respect, or even to endanger her safety. I totally get that, and that's usually my mindset when I look at these kinds of situation. BUT ...they're PIRATES. That's what pirates did. I love this ride as it is. And the biggest shame, in my opinion, is that the recordings made by the original voice actors from waaaay back in the day, are going to have to be altered/sacrificed to change this scene. From my understanding, some of these voice actors aren't even around anymore?? So it's kind of like a piece of history being thrown away. I'm not sure how I feel about the change—I like this scene!—but I'm also trying to keep an open mind if it's done well for the benefit of the little girls who will ride this ride in future and not have to ask their parents why the men want to buy that redheaded lady. Tough one!!

Huh. And... yeah... just take me home. I'm tired.

::yes:: :cat:

Yep! Probably to a fault! Also, these were just the best-looking things on the allergy menus, and I'd rather eat the same thing twice than eat something less delicious just in the interest of changing it up.

It depends on how I feel. Sometimes I'm all "I know what I want and that's what I want."
Other times I'm feeling more "I've had that so many times, it's time for something new."

Actually, technically the No Way Jose isn't even on the allergy menu because the hot fudge has dairy, but they'll make it with chocolate syrup if you ask for it, which is an excellent compromise, I think!

The only thing that might have swayed me from our "usual" would have been possibly having a banana split modified for allergies. Nathan's a fan, and I would have been open to it. But there's just something about that peanut butter sauce that calls my name.... :hyper:

:laughing: I hear you! I love the No Way!
(Although last time (see above) I had the banana split. ;))

That's good to know! Because those servings are ginormous. If we hadn't been sharing...there would have been no way...

::yes:: Both Kay and I each had our own concoction. She got the mud slide I think while I got the Jose. Neither of us finished. (Didn't know about 1/2 sizes then.)

Yes! In the best of ways!

:goodvibes

I feel you there. I mean, I can definitely see where they're coming from. And as a female person, and a feminist, I'm all for progress, and not continuing to perpetuate these kind of narratives where a woman is considered property. Literally objectifying a woman naturally leads to making it seem more okay for her not to be treated equally with respect, or even to endanger her safety. I totally get that, and that's usually my mindset when I look at these kinds of situation. BUT ...they're PIRATES. That's what pirates did. I love this ride as it is. And the biggest shame, in my opinion, is that the recordings made by the original voice actors from waaaay back in the day, are going to have to be altered/sacrificed to change this scene. From my understanding, some of these voice actors aren't even around anymore?? So it's kind of like a piece of history being thrown away. I'm not sure how I feel about the change—I like this scene!—but I'm also trying to keep an open mind if it's done well for the benefit of the little girls who will ride this ride in future and not have to ask their parents why the men want to buy that redheaded lady. Tough one!!

Agree.

Except.... "Mommy? Why is that man saying he wants the redhead?"
"Because that's what Pirates did back then. But we have evolved as a society and now have a more equal and inclusive world."

hmmm??

Except.... "Mommy? Why is that man saying he wants the redhead?"
"Because that's what Pirates did back then. But we have evolved as a society and now have a more equal and inclusive world."

hmmm??

I have great hope that more and more parents are saying things like this to their kids!

I had secured an early morning PPO breakfast at Akershus at the last minute two days prior when somebody had seemingly cancelled right before their ADR drop-date.
Score! :thumbsup2 Awesome photos with the princesses, too :goodvibes

they'd already started bringing in some of the topiaries and things for Flower and Garden, which is my favourite time of year at WDW
Mine, too!!! I love Epcot in full bloom ;)

ZoWLhkp.jpg
O. M. G. I would have had this one all by myself :rotfl2:

so I could take this:

YqNZCVM.jpg
WORTH IT! What a gorgeous shot! :goodvibes

That evening, I was in for my very first official solo-time in the parks!
Yay! I hope you channeled me :laughing:

Most. Amazing. Ride. Photo. Ever.

I had my first safe ride evacuation!!! :eek::eek: T
What?! So jealous! But I'm glad you got to ride PotC at the last minute so your last experience of the trip wasn't a breakdown :laughing:

I got to experience the kiss goodnight, and it filled me with the most wonderful of good vibes and some bittersweet mixed emotions.
Yay!!! :wizard:

Love this so much :goodvibes

My Tragical Express ride was shortly after, so I went out to the bus area to wait and feel sad.
Ugh, this is just the worst. I like it when I'm picked up before I see all the happy people getting into the bus lines :laughing: "Lucky" for me I have 6am flight home in May so I'll be picked up in plenty of time to avoid that :laughing:

Oh my goodness Meghan, I didn’t know you had posted the rest of your trip. I enjoyed reading it this morning at the crack of dawn after losing an hour of sleep, lol!

We canceled our Akershus ppo this trip because of changes. I am glad you got a ppo GG for August, that breakfast is one of my favorites. I just reviewed our B&C lunch. I am glad you all liked yours. All your restaurant reviews were great.

Your trail ride sounds like a nice non park activity. We love going over to FW to look at the horses.
Your last night looks like you had a great time in MK, we could have hung out. We were there that evening as well.
I remember that day was crazy with ride breakdowns and crazy long FP lines! Cool and scary for you with the ride evacuation on Splash.

Andi and I had to get evacuated from Voyage under the sea a few years ago. We literally sat in front of Ursula in our clamshell for 15 minutes until a lady behind us started screaming and having a panic attack so they came around and evacuated everyone. I was worried about the poor lady, she was really panicking!

I love your Mary Poppins bag, so cute! Did you see the cute MP dress in Cherry lane? I thought it was so pretty.

hey're certainly not my best work, but here they are:

OZDOyqy.jpg

hQVz2Ce.jpg
Casey would so totally want both of these!

It was time for Epcot, part 2, and I had secured an early morning PPO breakfast at Akershus at the last minute two days prior when somebody had seemingly cancelled right before their ADR drop-date.
Isn't this great! We get so many last minute ADR's, I think they may actually be more plentiful then availability at 180 day :-)

The food here was just okay—probably slightly-better-than-okay for non-allergy food, and a little-less-than-okay for allergy food. But it was fine, and I loved getting into Epcot early, so it worked out. I'm glad we figured that out this time though, because I ended up cancelling our ADR for August and replacing it with a PPO Garden Grill breakfast!
Glad you all were able to enjoy it. We've only done it once and like you I was less than impressed with the food. GG is definitely the better food option!

Loving all your princess selfies!

We'd made it across the International Gateway to the Beach Club, after having stopped for photopass photos on the way, and we were having lunch at Beaches and Cream. We weren't starving after our Akershus breakfast, so we split the allergy-friendly burger, and a gluten/dairy-free version of the No Way Jose. This ice cream is GINORMOUS and DELICIOUS.
Good choice on sharing. Their sundaes are definitely ginormous!!!! We've never done the No Way Jose (I have a peanut allergy) but we've really enjoyed all the others. Jason and casey are huge PB fans so I'm hopeful they try this one day as I hear so many good things about it. Just no kissing me afterwards :P

Flower and Garden was making my life this day.

uKm7znj.jpg
It really is perfection isn't it. I wish they had some of it up year round. It's really just too beautiful to only be around for a few months.

Then Nathan ordered the halibut, on Ty's recommendation, even though he doesn't often order fish when we go out, and he said it was excellent. I got the tuna because it was the easiest to make for my allergies. I'm usually wary of ordering tuna, so when he asked me how I wanted it cooked, "medium rare? medium?" I went with medium. That was my only regret because I think it would have been better medium rare.
Glad you all enjoyed your meals!

Fancy Pants!

Idtz5Or.jpg

Oh my gosh, guys. I'm in love. :lovestruc:lovestruc Mary Poppins is my jam, and this bag is beautifu
This is perfection!!!! Love, love, love !

'll save the lengthy review, but I'll just say that our food was good here, but our server, Robert, was super strange and not fabulous. It may have just been this day, but he was slow, barely said a word to us, and had to come back to re-confirm our entree order even after our "appertizer" shrimp cocktail had already hit the table.
We love GFC breakfast so glad to hear you both enjoyed. Though definitely odd on your server.

We had an ADR at Skipper Canteen for lunch, and we'd had a less-than-stellar experience here in December, so we wanted to redeem it. And it was successful!
Glad to hear it redeemed itself!

The trail ride was a great break from the parks, and I had a lot of fun! I was only slightly saddle-sore the next day, so I consider that a win! Every so often, the leader would have to stop and wait for Lincoln to catch up with the horse in front of us. :rotfl:
What a great way to get a break from the parks and do something different. Will definitely have to look into this for the little one.

Then I got in line for the lantern photopass picture because I'd decided I wanted one by myself. I waited between 30-40 minutes, which wasn't terrible. But I ended up liking the ones I got with N slightly better anyway.

bIhn9r6.jpg
I can't believe the line for a photopass picture is so long! That seems crazy.

Splash is my favourite ride, and I was so excited to end my night with it. Well...it had been closed almost all day due to technical issues...and it turned out that there was a reason, because just shortly after I got on the ride, it stopped...and never started again...

I had my first safe ride evacuation!!! :eek::eek: This had been on my Disney Bucket List for a while. Not the best timing, because it took FOREVER, and I was sad I wasn't going to get to end my night with one more great ride. But it was still pretty cool! The CMs came and unlocked our boat lap bars, then we were walked backstage, and out to the exit.
A. Great you got one last ride (its' my favorite too) but B. So totally jealous you got to be evacuated. It's on my bucket list too. Though that is crazy that people weren't listening to instructions. I get being panicked by it but I can guarantee you are making more panic by not listening.

The moment I got out of Splash, it was about 2 minutes to park close. I speed-walked as fast as I possibly could, and I slipped into the line for Pirates the moment the clock struck 10pm. Thank goodness! I'd get to end my night with a great ride after all!!

yWem0Xy.jpg
Yes for one last ride !

Then I made my way, slowly, out to the front of the park. I took some pictures, including posing for more photopass, and I just kind of lingered and took it all in. And then, for the first time ever, I got to experience the kiss goodnight, and it filled me with the most wonderful of good vibes and some bittersweet mixed emotions.
What a wonderful solo night! So happy you to to experience so much magic.

Just in the nick of time, the moment I pulled the ziplock from my purse, there was an announcement that someone on the plane had a severe nut allergy and to please not consume anything with nuts. I've always known that this could be a possibility, and I always take care to ask people around me if they have allergies before opening anything on a plane anyway, but it's never actually happened to me before.
:scared1::scared1::scared1: You poor thing!

And there you have it! That's our February trip in a nutshell! Sorry to flash-post it all on you folks so quickly like that, but I feel good to have it all recorded while it was fresh in my mind! I've got some school work to attend to now, but when I return here soon enough it'll be with more updates for the honeymoon trip that I've been so neglecting! Thanks for reading along!
Thanks for sharing! Looks like a great trip.

:rotfl2::sad1::lmao:

I took one quite similar to this too! Love that view!

And that view NEVER gets old!

The food here was just okay

She's the best Ariel I've seen in a long time!

:lmao:

We waddled back to Epcot, and I waited and idiodorously long time for a monorail to come by, so I could take this:

YqNZCVM.jpg

Stunning!

Ty asked us what kind of water we wanted, and that's when I first realized I was out of my league in Fancytown.

:rotfl:

I love when sparkling is offered! Totally prefer it.

But it was a really awesome, classy, but still leisurely meal, and we wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

Thanks! That was a very helpful review.

I was wearing black stretch shorts (obviously super nice attire!)

Obviously!

He didn't say much at all...until he saw my little maple syrup packets...and then he flipped out and was SO excited. It was night and day. He kept kind of yelling and drawing attention to the table. So weird.

Uh, yeah. Weird. :confused3

:sad1: So sad it's gone.

checked out the book titles on the bookshelf if we hadn't already, and it was incredibly entertaining.

The theming IS pretty cool in there with loads of hidden gems.

He tried to test me and stop for a snack a few times on the trail, and I had to pull him back and get his head back in the game

:rotfl2:

Why?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Because I like it? :blush:

@MeghanEmily - I'm out of time before the DIS shuts down but wanted to let you know I've read the last 2 updates and really enjoyed it all! Especially the evacuation adventure and last ride on Pirates. You are right, those kids portions are out of control! I think 3 of our family could have easily split that.

Up to my eyeballs in studying Hearing Measurement, but I should be back for replies and whatnot after my test tomorrow. For now I just wanted to pop in with the exciting news that it seems I've secured 2-3 solo Disney days at the end of May!! ...Including visiting for the very last day of Epcot's F&G Festival on Memorial Day! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc Much F&G love, always and forever.

Nathan has work in Orlando the weekend before—know anyone planning to attend Megacon in Orlando this year!? Hit us up!!—and we'd been trying to figure out a way for me to travel down with him and help him/work for him at the show. He has to make very good time driving back from Orlando in order to make it to another engagement, and I don't typically do very well making good time travelling anywhere, especially by motor vehicle, so we didn't think I'd be up for the trip home...so I've decided to stay in Orlando after the show for a few days, and then fly out to meet him at his next port of call, so to speak. We will be staying at my grandmother's timeshare while he's working, and as of this morning I just booked my passholder-discounted room for the nights after his show at All Star Movies! What makes it all even better is that his second engagement, which I also didn't expect to be able to attend, is on the Canadian-border-side of Niagara Falls, a lovely tourist trap I've always wanted to visit for one reason, and one reason only...

...you may be guessing that it's to see the falls. Maybe to take the boat tour that goes behind them??

YxONzRU.gif

I mean, I'll do that, too. It's kind of necessary when we're going to be but a short walk away. But...

As long as I was old enough to sing along with television ads, I've had a dream to visit somewhere very special. I'll give you a hint...

They come from a land of ice and snow,
Now belugas have a home in Arctic Cove!

...No? Okay, how about this one??

There's a place I know in Ontario,
Where the sea lions kiss, so the story goes!

...How about now?

...No?

Guys!! Everyone loves Marineland!!

Okay, I'm sure not everyone loves Marineland. (I don't know much about their practices, either, and I'm scared to do too much research for fear of my childhood dreams being crushed. I know not every zoo on the street cares as much for conservation as Disney seems to.) But all I know is that their marketing was pretty stellar, their jingles catchy, and they had me hooked by the age of five! So I FINALLY get to go to Marineland.

BrXDwu7.gif

Alright...now who's never heard of this place before? *all TR readers raise hands*. I guess my Canada is showing... :blush:

We'll also only be an hour or so away from African Lion Safari, but I suspect most of you don't know what that is either. :laughing:

Alright, that's all the good news I have for now. Back to the books! Replies to come soon...

Omg so much exciting news! If only you were making your first pilgrimage at end of May because I'd be working then but I understand the need for F&G. Best of luck on your test tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Up to my eyeballs in studying Hearing Measurement,

Sorry, what?

Actually...
I was at my folks' place a couple days ago. They're both in their mid 80s. I was there with one of my DDs who said something to my mom that she didn't catch.
My mom shook her head and said "I'm sorry. I don't hear as well as I use to."
My dad pipes up and says "She's getting hard of hearing."

I started to laugh. I said. "You know what the very first thing you said to me when we got here tonight was? It was "What?""

My dad prides himself on having really good hearing... except he really, really doesn't. Worked with power saws (handheld and extremely loud bench saws) all his life.

after my test tomorrow.

Good luck!

it seems I've secured 2-3 solo Disney days at the end of May!!

Woot!!

so I've decided to stay in Orlando after the show for a few days,

Such sacrifices you make! You're an angel!

We will be staying at my grandmother's timeshare while he's working

Nice!

the Canadian-border-side of Niagara Falls, a lovely tourist trap I've always wanted to visit

Been there. Wrote a TR about that. ::yes::

As long as I was old enough to sing along with television ads, I've had a dream to visit somewhere very special. I'll give you a hint...

They come from a land of ice and snow,
Now belugas have a home in Arctic Cove!

I know that...

There's a place I know in Ontario,
Where the sea lions kiss, so the story goes!

...How about now?

Guys!! Everyone loves Marineland!!

::yes:: Yes! I've heard that for years, too!

Alright...now who's never heard of this place before? *all TR readers raise hands*. I guess my Canada is showing... :blush:

Heard of it?? I've been to it! It was on Kay's "must go" list when she was little. I took her when she was... I think it was 8 years old.
Somewhere I have a photo of her touching a Beluga.

We'll also only be an hour or so away from African Lion Safari, but I suspect most of you don't know what that is either. :laughing:

This one I didn't know. :)

Sorry, what?

Actually...
I was at my folks' place a couple days ago. They're both in their mid 80s. I was there with one of my DDs who said something to my mom that she didn't catch.
My mom shook her head and said "I'm sorry. I don't hear as well as I use to."
My dad pipes up and says "She's getting hard of hearing."

I started to laugh. I said. "You know what the very first thing you said to me when we got here tonight was? It was "What?""

My dad prides himself on having really good hearing... except he really, really doesn't. Worked with power saws (handheld and extremely loud bench saws) all his life.

My dad and uncle both worked at a shipyard. The noise at the workplace was so damaging that a class action suit was filed. When talking about it, my dad would ask "Any news about the hearing?" and my uncle would answer "What?" or "I haven't heard anything"

Last edited:
I was all prepared to ask her all about what she's been reading, etc, but sadly, it ended up being a real love-and-shove kind of encounter

Ouch!

Those princess pictures are adorable, but Aurora looks a little crazy :bitelip: I tried quoting just the one picture, but I couldn't figure out how :sad2:

We waddled back to Epcot, and I waited and idiodorously long time for a monorail to come by, so I could take this:

YqNZCVM.jpg

Wow! Gorgeous :love::love::love: Totally worth the wait :goodvibes

and I found a way to spend the discrepancy in that budget...

Idtz5Or.jpg

I LOVE that! D & B really needs to stop making such cute purses or we'll all be broke!

I jumped up onto my horse, Lincoln. Turns out that he was the slowest of the group, and he was on a special diet because he was a little rounder than the other horses. :rotfl:

My spirit animal :laughing:

No pictures of you on the horse? I was waiting...:sad1:

After that, I went back around by the castle. I got more photopass. And then I waited for Happily Ever After. I had a much better viewing location and experience than we did back in August, and it really helped me to enjoy the show more. I even got a little emotional at the end of the show, it being my last night, enjoying such a magical place all by myself, but surrounded by people simultaneously experiencing their own magical moments. :lovestruc

I know that feeling :hug:

Splash is my favourite ride, and I was so excited to end my night with it. Well...it had been closed almost all day due to technical issues...and it turned out that there was a reason, because just shortly after I got on the ride, it stopped...and never started again...

Aw, boo! My favorite ride too!

I had my first safe ride evacuation!!! :eek::eek: This had been on my Disney Bucket List for a while. Not the best timing, because it took FOREVER, and I was sad I wasn't going to get to end my night with one more great ride. But it was still pretty cool! The CMs came and unlocked our boat lap bars, then we were walked backstage, and out to the exit.

Ncy8One.jpg

3nuWi0w.jpg

hqLJzxn.jpg

Silver lining! I have never been evacuated from a ride! Kind of cool!

The moment I got out of Splash, it was about 2 minutes to park close. I speed-walked as fast as I possibly could, and I slipped into the line for Pirates the moment the clock struck 10pm. Thank goodness! I'd get to end my night with a great ride after all!!

yWem0Xy.jpg

C8tvY5i.jpg

Perfect!

for the first time ever, I got to experience the kiss goodnight, and it filled me with the most wonderful of good vibes and some bittersweet mixed emotions.

YzCkWrG.jpg

fCyp2U7.jpg

Great shot. I've never seen that myself, but definitely on my bucket list.

And there you have it! That's our February trip in a nutshell! Sorry to flash-post it all on you folks so quickly like that, but I feel good to have it all recorded while it was fresh in my mind! I've got some school work to attend to now, but when I return here soon enough it'll be with more updates for the honeymoon trip that I've been so neglecting! Thanks for reading along! :goodvibes

Such a great trip!

I just wanted to pop in with the exciting news that it seems I've secured 2-3 solo Disney days at the end of May!! ...Including visiting for the very last day of Epcot's F&G Festival on Memorial Day! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc Much F&G love, always and forever.

That is exciting! Congrats!

Alright...now who's never heard of this place before? *all TR readers raise hands*.

:wave2:

Hoping all went well with your test.

I'm excited to hear about your May plans and your visit to places on your childhood wishlist!

No, I haven't heard of Marineland or African Lion Safari (not to be confused with Lion Country Safari in Florida, I assume).

:fish::simba:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter