I built a website for Disney World holiday deals and found some interesting pricing hacks

dom96

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

This past January I visited Disney World for the first time and loved it!

Since then prices have increased considerably (£3,333 vs £4,694 for same resort/dates). What I've found is that there aren't many places you can see how prices change over time. I thought this information would be really useful for multiple reasons, including to understand how good of a deal I am getting when planning a new Disney holiday but also to find cheap dates automatically (not just for value hotels but also for moderate and deluxe resorts).

I had some free time recently so I spent a few weeks building a website which tracks Disney World hotel, ticket and flight prices. So far the site is modelled very closely after the likes of Google Flights: you can search for specific dates and get results for each available hotel at Disney. The front page also contains a couple of deals which are refreshed continuously, including the cheapest package deal and cheapest deluxe resort package.

An interesting hack I have noticed in the hotel pricing data I collected is that you can often save many thousands of pounds if you create two or more separate bookings. The trade off there seems to be that Disney is charging extra for your ability to stay in the same room. The website displays these deals, enabling you to not only save on bookings for the same hotel but also helping you find other hotels you may wish to book for the dates where a particular hotel is more expensive.

As I gather more data I hope to make it possible to view charts showing how the price of each hotel changes. Another feature I hope to make possible is to allow alerts to be set up on the price of a hotel (e.g. send me an email when Coronado Springs is less than £3500 for 14 nights).

If you've read this far, thank you! I would appreciate you taking a look at the website and sharing your thoughts, it is available at mousetrack.co.uk (and sorry this isn't clickable, the forum prevents me posting links :/)

Cheers!

Great work but if you really want to go to Grand Floridian or Poly then just rent some DVC points, will cost you about half the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter