"I can't make reservations before June 20th, but I'll transfer you"

JeninTN

Mouseketeer
If I hear that one more time, I will SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one this is happening to? I am calling twice a day to try to get cancellations for CM (June 10-17) and about 1/2 of the time, the CM tells me this and then transfers me. One CM actually explained it to me last night that they are in the process of changing systems and some people are on the "old" system and some on the "new". :confused:

Last night I had a terrible experience because I was transferred FOUR times. On the 3rd transfer the CM started scolding me for not choosing the correct thing in the voice prompts. She said very hateful "ma'am, I can only make reservations for May, you are going to HAVE to listen to the menu when you call" I interrupted her to tell her I had been transferred to her, but she did not care. So frustrating.

Isn't there any possibility we will ever be able to book ADRs online? Maybe at least view what is available? I feel like I am really wasting CMs time and I feel terrible for that, but they really leave me no choice.

Grrr! I hear you on the frustration. I had a weird experience on Sunday making ADRs on the new system. I called right at 7:00 AM and was told there was a more than 30 minute wait. It was annoying, but whatever. I hunkered down to just wait it out in the queue. At the 30 minute mark a message came on and said, "Due to these extreme wait times, please try your call again at another time." *click* I sat and stared at my phone in disbelief. Not only had I just wasted half an hour, I also just got pushed to the back of the line!

I ended up getting good ADRs, so I won't complain too loudly, but I'm with you. I really really really wish we could make reservations online or at least see what we've got somewhere without having to call in.

Hope you have a good trip!

Sorry you are going through this. I feel your pain. I think I average 3 transfers per call, and like you I follow the prompts. I finally have learned to say, "Oh, Pleeeeeease don't transfer me." Then I explain my current situation, how long I have waited, how many times I have been disconnected, etc. If the CM isn't nice I just hang up and try again. I have found some are, some aren't. I am sure they are having a hard time with the new system as well.

I have to call and make room requests and airline information today so wish me luck!

On the bright side, maybe when they get all the kinks worked out, the whole process will go much more smoothly. At least they aren't shutting everything down during the transition.

Still - yeah, it sound frustrating. We've been very fortunate over the years.

I'm not getting transferred and we are going in May, but I am put through the Spanish Inquisition every single time - they need to know my resort reservation #, phone #, name, address, blood type...lol ALL before you can even ask for the actual restaurant or date! It is so frustrating and it takes forever. All I have been doing every day is calling to check for cancellations for LeCellier and I have to go thru this every single time.

I'm not getting transferred and we are going in May, but I am put through the Spanish Inquisition every single time - they need to know my resort reservation #, phone #, name, address, blood type...lol ALL before you can even ask for the actual restaurant or date! It is so frustrating and it takes forever. All I have been doing every day is calling to check for cancellations for LeCellier and I have to go thru this every single time.

Yes, I hate all the stuff you have to say. I have actually considered telling them I am not staying at a resort, so I don't have to go through all of that. Anybody tried that?

Yes, I hate all the stuff you have to say. I have actually considered telling them I am not staying at a resort, so I don't have to go through all of that. Anybody tried that?

my friend did - they still asked her for her home address and phone #! 'so they could get her in their guest book'

It seems to me that only some CMs can make ADRs for CRT and Chef Mickey's prior to June 19 due to this old system/new system thing. I have called a bunch in the last two weeks in an attempt to get CRT and I have learned to ask the CM before the inquisition begins if s/he can book CRT or if I need to be transfered. They usually laugh because I know the drill and will either transfer me or continue.

I just want to say THANK YOU to Disney because today when I called there was a menu option for those booking CM and CRT for prior to 6/20. :worship:

Try calling 407-939-7707 this is the group dine # but it should take you to an agent that books both DRS & Al A Carte as long as they have not rerouted the # now that Al A Carte is 100% live except CRT & CM through 19 June. It's worth a try!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh I'm getting nervous. I will be making my ADR's in June. For the first week I'm ok as we are staying CL and I can have the IPO make them for me. But then we go offsite for 12nights and I will have to make my own. I can only imagine what my phone bill is going to be calling from Australia and being on the phone for more than an hour. I don't remember it being so hard last time. I can't recall any waits of more that a few minutes to get through. It seemed like a simple process.

I can't get through at all right now :mad::mad::mad:

I wish we could do it online also :surfweb:.

Ellen

I was on the phone for over 1 hour today attempting to work through the fact that the system kept going down. The CM I had was awesome. She stayed on with my to wait everytime it went down. She even said " I have CRT?" I dont need that.. Her computer went down at least 20 times during our conversation. She said they are still installing the new system. Long but very pleasant process. Didnt get everything I wanted though. Booked for everything and I called 90 plus 10 today.. for August

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter