I did the DRIVE from CT to Orlando and....SURVIVED!

lookingforward

DIS Veteran
We drove from Connecticut to Orlando last week and survived! We went with our three children, my eighty something grandmother and a mini-van with entertainment center. The van is the only way to go with such a large family and the video system was awesome. We left CT at 3 a.m. and stopped in Fayetteville, NC for the night. We stayed at the Sheraton which was okay, but avoid the hotel restaurant at all costs! Our van averaged 22 miles to the gallon and we ate at Cracker Barrels most of the time (good food and relaxing atmosphere). On the way home we stopped in Rocky Mount, NC and stayed at the Holiday Inn. Any questions please let me know. We are going to Disney for two weeks in April and we are FLYING on Continental. Once a year is enough for that drive!

Could you tell me appx. how many hours you drove each day? We're considering driving down for our August vacation. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter