I didn't wear a Raspberry Beret or Walk on Sunshine, but I DID Have the Time of My Life Dancing in the Dark at 80s Nite! *COMPLETE*

How cool that you got boarding group 1 for Rise of the Resistance! I'm not really a star wars fan either, but was looking forward to riding. We had a trip planned for April and now we don't know when we'll be going, I hope things get better soon! I'm sure your boys can't wait until they can go too!

I loved that Rise of the Resistance was enjoyable for a non-Star Wars fan like myself. I look forward to riding it with my boys someday! I hope you can get your trip back sooner rather than later. I remember when the initial Disneyland closure was going to be just through March. Who would have guessed it would end up being this long...and longer.

So we exited Rise of the Resistance, still not believing how smoothly things panned out with securing a Boarding Group and getting called up quickly and riding with no breakdowns. What a great morning! Very hungry by this time, we headed over to Jolly Holiday for breakfast. But first, a few pictures on our way out.

IMG_20200130_095006.jpg

IMG_20200130_100106.jpg

IMG_20200130_100108.jpg

IMG_20200130_100115.jpg

IMG_20200130_100137~2.jpg

IMG_20200130_100138~2.jpg

By the way, before we left Galaxy's Edge, we ran into the Birthday Boy that stood in line with us to get into the park that morning. The guy that drove in from Phoenix that morning for a solo birthday trip with hopes of experiencing Rise of the Resistance again. We actually called out "Birthday Boy!" a few times to get his attention because we didn't know his name. We were happy to hear that he got a Boarding Group in the 30s, so we are pretty sure he got to ride.

OK, on to that breakfast. We love getting a double chocolate muffin at Jolly Holiday for breakfast. We were sad when Blue Ribbon Bakery went away and we could no longer get our muffins there... but Jolly Holiday has been a nice replacement. We love sitting with a view of the Castle and watching guests walk toward the Hub.

But today I was too hungry for just a muffin.

IMG_20200130_101613.jpg

This bacon, egg and cheese croissant was really good. The Disneyland fruit is hit or miss for me -- I have gotten moldy fruit before -- but today was a good fruit day. And apparently I ordered dessert for breakfast as well. And apparently so did D.

IMG_20200130_102002.jpg

Ahhh...the view:

MVIMG_20200130_101623.jpg

After breakfast and taking in our morning view of the Castle and guests pouring in, we had about 4 hours before we needed to head out. Unfortunately I don't remember much of what we did.

I know we rode Indiana Jones. We looked for the home of the Little Man of Disneyland before we got in line for the ride. I can't believe I had never heard of this before. I came across the book at a second hand store last fall before our week long trip to Disneyland. I planned to look for the little house with my daughter at that time, but completely forgot about it. I remembered to look for it this trip.

IMG_20200130_110225.jpg

I know we rode Pooh and got treats for my kids at Pooh Corner. Happenings at the Haunted Mansion as we walked by after our time in Critter Country:

IMG_20200130_114930.jpg

IMG_20200130_114942.jpg

The only other thing I remember doing is going to Golden Horseshoe and watching the dueling pianos show. That was a one and done for us, I believe. We still miss Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. D got a good nap in before we left.

Well, eventually it was almost 3:00 and time to walk away from one of our favorite trips.

I always have to turn around and take a few "Farewell 'til next time" pictures as I walk out.

IMG_20200130_145419.jpg

IMG_20200130_145515.jpg

We walked back across the street to our hotel, collected our luggage and waited about 10 or 15 minutes for our Karmel Shuttle to take us back to the airport. We both flew out of LGB, on the same flight. D was home after the first leg and I switched planes to continue my journey home.

Wow, what a whirlwind of an overnight trip! We both commented that it was in our top 5 Disneyland trips. They say you can't go home again, but this trip sure felt like we did, 80s-wise. If Disneyland ever does another 80s Nite, count us in. But in our current climate, I don't see that happening again anytime in the near future.

Shortly after arriving home I received a survey regarding the event. I made sure to let them know that it was Videopolis that drew me and my sister in, from 2 different states. (Ah, nostalgia! Gets me every time.) I also let them know that they absolutely should have had a solid 80s-themed Plan B, in the event that the Fireworks show had to be cancelled. Disneyland Fireworks are no stranger to being cancelled. Given that tidbit, and given what they charge for the After Dark events, it was unacceptable to me that they just ran Mickey's Mix Magic again when the 80s Fireworks were cancelled.

This trip was 6 1/2 months ago. It blows my mind thinking about what has changed since then. One moment we were carefree and dancing the night away with hundreds of others at Videopolis...and 6 weeks later the parks closed. I was able to take 3 trips in the year leading up to the closure (not normal for me) and I am so happy that through my videos and pictures there is Always Something There To Remind Me (last one ;)) of Disneyland fun Pre-Covid.

Well, that's it! Thank you for following along as I reminisced about my 80s Nite Adventures! 8-)

Thank you from a former 80’s girl for such a fun trip report!

If things ever get back to normal I’ll keep an eye out for 80’s nite.

Thank you from a former 80’s girl for such a fun trip report!

If things ever get back to normal I’ll keep an eye out for 80’s nite.

Thanks for reading! My sister and I reminisce about this trip a lot. I really hope they do an 80s Nite again. Someday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!