COMPLETE - "I DON'T LIKE MY FAMILY!!" — A May WDW Solo Mini-Trip Report + A Summer of Art

Don't worry, Meghan!! We ALL get it. Hard to give the DIS 100% and still do "real" life.

School has been kicking my tush! But I miss the DIS. It's nice to get back when I can.

I've always wanted to go there!! I'd really love to someday and photograph it.

It's a goldmine for photography! You'd love it! If you ever make it to this part of the world, please let me know — we're only a few hours away :)

HI Meghan glad school is going good even if very bussy.

went to Marineland, stayed a night at a hotel overlooking both the US and Canadian sides of the falls,
Yay for getting to go someplace you've dreamed of since childhood.

mD7RU8h.jpg
I would love to go to NF sometime, what hotel t=did you stay in?

Zjvam6q.jpg
Too funny

As long as you're passing... as we say... C's = Degrees :)

A pass is a 70 in my program, and so far I've been clearing that with room to spare, so that's all I'm concerned about right now. I busted my butt for good grades last year, and while I'm still doing fine this year, I'm trying to keep things in perspective and worry more about what I'm learning and less about the numbers. :goodvibes

HI Meghan glad school is going good even if very bussy.

Yay for getting to go someplace you've dreamed of since childhood.

Too funny

Thanks!! We stayed at the Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites on the Canadian side of the falls. It was clean, pretty reasonably priced, and a really convenient location. There was a restaurant below the hotel that pretty looked good, too, but we didn't go because we ended up having too much good food to try while we were there. And we upgraded to a room with a jacuzzi tub and that was overlooking the falls. It was kind of confusing because some room upgrades offered views of one side of the falls or the other, and some had both. We picked one with both, which was kind of neat. We were up on the 30-something floor though to be able to see the falls. A lot of the hotel buildings were quite tall for that reason. I actually felt like I had a tiny bit of altitude sickness between how high our hotel was, and also how much farther up you are a ways up the hill, compared with down at the bottom of the hill where the falls are. We were down at the falls in the evening, and then when we went straight back up to the hotel room to go to bed I got a little dizzy and queasy. But I adjusted to it by the end of our stay. It was a beautiful spot!

A pass is a 70 in my program, and so far I've been clearing that with room to spare, so that's all I'm concerned about right now. I busted my butt for good grades last year, and while I'm still doing fine this year, I'm trying to keep things in perspective and worry more about what I'm learning and less about the numbers. :goodvibes

70 was our pass number too. Soooo stressful! And I always did too except the one or maybe 2 that were WAY too close for comfort. It's scary how easy it is to blow a nice cushion with one bad exam. Ours was EVERY term though. Not cumulative over the year, so every term we had to clear the 70. We lost more than 1 to a 69. That's as little as one (ONE!) test question.

But, yes, you are right! What you are learning is far more important than the end grade as long as it's passing.

70 was our pass number too. Soooo stressful! And I always did too except the one or maybe 2 that were WAY too close for comfort. It's scary how easy it is to blow a nice cushion with one bad exam. Ours was EVERY term though. Not cumulative over the year, so every term we had to clear the 70. We lost more than 1 to a 69. That's as little as one (ONE!) test question.

But, yes, you are right! What you are learning is far more important than the end grade as long as it's passing.

I have a class where my last two assignments/tests have been 85s. It feels like a pretty good grade until I start thinking of it being half way between 100% and a fail! :laughing: Sometimes I'm pulling a 95, and sometimes I'm lingering a little too close to that 70-mark. We're also marked on it every term! So stressful! I have a friend who started with us in the program last year and failed a class by 3%. You fail one class, and you're out! She was devastated. Fortunately, the administration decided to accept her to the program again the following year to do first year over again since she was so close to a pass, but she's the exception and not the rule in those types of cases.

Fortunately, I just finished my first of several short practicum sessions tonight. It was at a private speech clinic, and we met some awesome kiddos who made the effort seem a little more worth it. :)

I have a class where my last two assignments/tests have been 85s. It feels like a pretty good grade until I start thinking of it being half way between 100% and a fail! :laughing: Sometimes I'm pulling a 95, and sometimes I'm lingering a little too close to that 70-mark. We're also marked on it every term! So stressful! I have a friend who started with us in the program last year and failed a class by 3%. You fail one class, and you're out! She was devastated. Fortunately, the administration decided to accept her to the program again the following year to do first year over again since she was so close to a pass, but she's the exception and not the rule in those types of cases.

Fortunately, I just finished my first of several short practicum sessions tonight. It was at a private speech clinic, and we met some awesome kiddos who made the effort seem a little more worth it. :)
In my class we started with 56 and 33 graduated. So sad. :( Some were re-accepted; others not.

But yay for seeing great things happen with putting your book knowledge to work making a difference!!

In my class we started with 56 and 33 graduated. So sad. :( Some were re-accepted; others not.

But yay for seeing great things happen with putting your book knowledge to work making a difference!!
In classes at my work, they usually start with about 30 or so and usually.... none "graduate" (are successful at qualifying).
Actually, things seem to have gotten better of late. The success rate is close to 1 person per course now.

Wow paintings like that in 3 minutes?!? Amazing!!
I love the Game of Thrones one, as well as Hamiton, and GoTG, Batgirl, oh wait, they are all sooo good!
Love your little recap of your summer road trips, especially to PEI and Sydney which is basically our cruise last year! I'm so jealous of your time spent at PEI, I definitely want to go back there! How long is the drive from Halifax?

Wow paintings like that in 3 minutes?!? Amazing!!
I love the Game of Thrones one, as well as Hamiton, and GoTG, Batgirl, oh wait, they are all sooo good!
Love your little recap of your summer road trips, especially to PEI and Sydney which is basically our cruise last year! I'm so jealous of your time spent at PEI, I definitely want to go back there! How long is the drive from Halifax?

PEI is such a gorgeous spot! The whole east coast of Canada is really pretty lovely in the summer. Depending on where you're going in PEI, it's about 3-3.5 hours from Halifax to most of the places we'd typically visit. A little far for a day trip, but perfect for a weekend away!

PEI is such a gorgeous spot! The whole east coast of Canada is really pretty lovely in the summer. Depending on where you're going in PEI, it's about 3-3.5 hours from Halifax to most of the places we'd typically visit. A little far for a day trip, but perfect for a weekend away!
Sooo... flying in to Halifax and then renting a car?

Sooo... flying in to Halifax and then renting a car?

I'd recommend it, because someone awesome happens to live in Halifax...ME! :laughing:

Charlottetown in PEI has an airport, but I've never flown into it. Halifax would be the largest airport within a reasonable distance (and that's saying something, because it's still pretty tiny compared to the big boys like Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, etc.), so probably more flight options. You could also fly into Moncton, NB, and then your drive would be more like 1.5 to 2 hours to PEI. Moncton is pretty conveniently located if you want to have a central home base from which to do several short Maritime-province-trips. But it's a pretty small airport as well.

Maybe we’ll bump into each other in Disney in May.

I hope so!! I've been looking into when my school spring placement will be, and whether there's any flexibility to take a day off, etc., to make the May trip possible for me. I really want to make it happen! And as long as I do, it's definitely a priority to try to squeeze in a Dismeet with you! My professors say I won't know who my supervisor will be until end of February at the earliest, so I won't be able to make the call at least until then. :(

I hope so!! I've been looking into when my school spring placement will be, and whether there's any flexibility to take a day off, etc., to make the May trip possible for me. I really want to make it happen! And as long as I do, it's definitely a priority to try to squeeze in a Dismeet with you! My professors say I won't know who my supervisor will be until end of February at the earliest, so I won't be able to make the call at least until then. :(
Oh! I thought you were for sure going. :(
Well... hopefully you can make it. That epic meet sounds like a lot of fun. :)

Oh! I thought you were for sure going. :(
Well... hopefully you can make it. That epic meet sounds like a lot of fun. :)

Originally I was feeling pretty confident that I'd make it happen. But the more I looked at the timing and the $$, the more I realized I couldn't make it worth it if I had to fly out late on the Friday or early on the Saturday, just to fly back on the Sunday. Doesn't help that so far the options for flying Friday night aren't fabulous. Now....if I can have all day Friday off practicum and I have three days to work with, I think it'll still be doable. So that's what I'm hoping for!

Originally I was feeling pretty confident that I'd make it happen. But the more I looked at the timing and the $$, the more I realized I couldn't make it worth it if I had to fly out late on the Friday or early on the Saturday, just to fly back on the Sunday. Doesn't help that so far the options for flying Friday night aren't fabulous. Now....if I can have all day Friday off practicum and I have three days to work with, I think it'll still be doable. So that's what I'm hoping for!
Really hope this works for you. Good luck, Meghan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter