I Give Up

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
Tried to do a poll. Didn't seem to work for me.

Just did a message. Tried to post it, when I did, the poll section came up.

Went back and deleted I wanted to do a poll since the full message was there and then tried to post message.

Message disappeared totally. Shows under my profile when I request all my messages but it says Invalid Thread.

Went back tried to do poll again, won't come up again.

How in the heck do you do a poll?

I tried one and it worked ok.

Have you tried posting the question on the Technical Support Board?

This will probably get shifted there anyway!

Good Luck!

And when you click down at the bottom and show how many questions, what happens next?

I just got the regular message screen.

Hmmmm,

I see what you mean!

I thought that it used to give you a list of fields for you to fill in for the poll options.

I still think that Tech Support will sort it out in a flash although I carry on working on it until I leave the office.

It's about 4:30 pm here.

Originally posted by BONZO
Hmmmm,

I see what you mean!

Where?

I think I found the bad thread.
Bad Thread

I did a search on RweTHEREyet and found this "Thread: AKL/AllStar Poll and Opinions wanted

Here's the search:

The Search

I'm still not sure how you got this to happen.

WDWTrekker moved this, but it doesn't say from where so we can't see the example post that I'm assuming you are refering to.......

Do you still need help?

JC,

I just reproduced the problem.

Steps:
1) Start a new thread. Type something for unique for topic title and topic message. Makes it easy to spot the bad thread.
2) Check "Yes! Post a Poll" at bottom of form.
3) Submit topic. Poll form comes up.
4) Close the window or press back beyond the topic posting form back to topic listing.

Now search your userid and tlook for the bad topic that just got posted. I guess not filling out the poll makes it a bad thread since the poll page does not exist.

Here's my search. There are two bad threads now.

StormAlongBay search

I'm not sure if there is still a question, but not giving choices in a poll does make the post incomplete and therefore invalid.JC

I can't do a poll. If I click on the Poll button and change options to 5, then what? if I hit enter nothing happens. How do I actually do a poll.

In the earlier scenario, I went back and unclicked the poll button and then posted message, but message did not post.

So no message and no poll. Main question is how do I do the poll?

Fill in the Post subject line, put something in the body of the message and check "Yes! post a poll" then click on Submit new thread.

A new screen will appear and you can fill in the poll items and topic and so on.

JC

The "problem" for me was that I had not entered text into the Post Subject field.

Gawsh, it's as simple as that!

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter