I got a bread maker for Christmas!

Blondie

~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys
It's for a 1 1/2 pound to 2 pd. loaf.

It came with a few recipes, but I'm looking for your input!

What have you made with your bread machine that was tasty?

I like to use mine for dough. I make pizza crusts a lot, and I used it to make homemade yeast rolls for Christmas dinner. I don't really care for the loaves of bread mine makes, but you can use it to mix and do the first rising for basically any bread recipe that makes 1 loaf of bread.

I have done alot of experimenting and I will give you all the recipes that I love......and have made up too......I use it on Sundays when I have family here.....just got my yearly supply of yeast from King Arthur catalog and also my pumpernickle plus add in to make the best loaf of pumpernickle bread I have ever had.......I will find all my recipes and send them to this site as soon as I have a few minutes to do it......OKEY.......I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine

ALSO .if you experiment and do a basic white bread that the recipe is probably in your book.....remember that these machines are very accurate......and they want you to measure exact......and like water in a cup.....put it up at eye level so you can see if it measures exactly.....the same with flour and your butter or sugar or salt or yeast .....it is a pain at first.....but after a while ...you wil be whipping out loaves of bread like a breadmaker

My favorite bread machine recipe is on our website

http://nefffamilyfarm.com/

click recipes, then bread recipes, I like to add a package of instant soup mix, and omit the usual salt, you can come up with some great flavored breads that way. Use different flours, substituting 1 cup of rye, wheat or rice flour for 1 of the cups of regular. They will not always rise as high, but gives you some great options!!

happy baking,
kay

Well, I made my first loaf today!

Just the plain traditional white bread and it turned out great!

I think I'm going to like having this bread machine!

Kaybird, thanks for posting the link to your website!

I plan on checking it out!

This is a great website for bread machine recipes (and the care and cleaning of your bread machine!)

<a href="http://www.breadmachinedigest.com/">Bread Machine Digest</a>

I just made hamburger buns using the recipe on the BMD site and they came out great! My husband got me a hamburger bun pan and a hotdog bun pan from <a href="http://ww3.kingarthurflour.com/cgibin/htmlos/20204.3.070356158610538317">The Baker's Catalogue</a>. I've only used the hamburger bun pan so far, but it worked out great!

We also make pizza dough in the bread machine. I use the dough setting to prepare the dough and let it rise. After it's done, I oil a pizza pan with olive oil and flatten the dough out by hand until it reaches the sides of the pan. I let it rise for 10 minutes, put the sauce and toppings on, and bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes. EVERYONE in my family loves this pizza!!! You can make a few crusts in one day. Just prepare everything (don't add the toppings), cover the dough with plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge until you want to cook it later in the day. This way I can make several crusts in one day and they are all ready to bake one after the other when dinner time rolls around.

Let me know if you want the pizza dough recipe. I have one for whole wheat dough and a regular pizza dough. The whole wheat one makes one HEAVY dough (very filling, it's way too dense) or can be divided into two very flat crusts (they come out crispy, but not so dense!)

here is my favorite recipe. I developed it over a few month using ricpes I like
It make 1 1/2 lb loaf

add in order to the machine
I tbs olive oil
1 1/4 cups warm water
1tbp yeast
2 tbs brown sugar
let this proof for 15 min then add
3 cups bread flour ( or 1 cup bread flour and 1 and 7/8 cup whole wheat flour)
1 tbs powdered milk
2 tsp salt

use french bread setting if your machine has one, or whole wheat when using hte whole wheat flour.

Blondie, now that's just not right! Your first loaf is <I>suppose</I> to be a flop! Mine sure was :rolleyes: It didn't rise and it was oh so hard/tough! We won't even discuss the fact that I made this first loaf at my inlaws. They were so kind, though :o "This bread is good..." Um, no it wasn't! LOL.
I'm glad you like your machine. Beginning with my 2nd loaf ;) , they've all turned out yummy! :)

I have used the bread mixes sold at Sam's Club. They are very good. The assortment is Hawaiian, wheat, traditonal white, sourdough. Our favorite is sour dough. I think it was Krusteaz brand.

My favorite thing to make is pizza dough! Next is sweet roll dough for cinnamon rolls. Both of these require minimal effort on your part, though you do have to 'put it all together' after the dough is ready. But BOY is it worth it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter