I Got a George Forman Grill for Christmas...

LOVETHATMOUSE

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>*~*Some LOVE from
The Jumbo size!! I decided to try it tonite. Did Zuchinni on it - came out great. Then went on to the steak. It tasted delicious, but to tell you the truth it was a little rubbery. How exactly do you cook on it? I did the 7 minutes the book said, but I think it still cooked a little after I took it off the grill. Is this possible?

Also, are there any fellow DISers that have good receipes for using it?

I gave my mom a smaller one for Christmas. She lives alone and missed eating grilled foods, so I thought this would be perfect for one person. She also would love to have any recipes.

I think most meat does keep cooking after you take it off the grill (George Foreman or a regular one). We cook chicken breasts, pork chops, polish sausage (cut it in half lengthwise so you have a flat side) and slices of spam (I know it's gross, but DS and DH love it). We also do slices of zucchini and sometimes grill onions too. We love it!

the boneless chicken breasts cause they always tend to be dry....I now marinate the breasts and then pre heat the george and the chicken breasts are nice and moist and delicious......I think a minute under the time would probably help you out in the cooking of the steaks......I LOVE IT

Thanks for the hints. I will try again. I am sure I will get it down pat. Oh , and by the way, Coll0610 , my DH loves spam too - must be a man thing :)

I got one too!!! We love it! The first night I did pork shops in under 7 minutes with one of the rubs that came in the cookbook and even my kids liked it!!! We did grilled ham and cheese last night and I would say they were ok but not great. We did potatoes too but I didn't cut them small enough and it took a long time. Oh, and we did hamburgers one night and they were fantastic- just like doing 'em on our gas grill! Mostly I like how easy it is to clean and how fast it cooks.

Tried pork chops last night and they came out PERFECT!!! Everyone loved them.

We have friends who are gutting their kitchen out and they are worried about eating out alot with no appliances. I told her to get a GFG and use that. She also has a crockpot and her microwave. Looks like it will be some creative cooking for her for awhile.

I am on my second George. I really like it. I use it at least 3 times a week. One thing I found out is that you must take your meat off the very second it is done. One time I pulled the plug and let my chicken breast sit there while I did something else. When I came back the only thing useful for that piece of chicken would have been to attach it to the bottom of my shoe.

Enjoy your grill, Chessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter