I got accepted!

if you interview in the fall, you'll generally be working during the spring semester.

They hire people, even if they don't have any positions that relate to your major.

For those that have been accepted, congratulations.

The rule for applying is that you have to be currently enrolled when you apply. This means you can apply your first freshman semester and last senior semester. Thus, you can do the program your second semester of college or the five/seven months after you graduate.

Thanks SyracuseWolvrine and sarbruis! My DD is going to go to the informational meeting and will then decide if she is going to interview. After thinking about it I think she'd be better off if she waited one year to do the program. Otherwise she won't even have 1 year of college under her belt before going to WDW. Also, she is young and will have JUST turned 18yo before going down if she were to get hired now for the spring session.

It sounds like a good program, though, and something I most certainly would have done at her age.

PhillyDisnynut said:
how long after the phone interview does it take to hear back whether you got accepted or not?

The site says that if you havent heard something within 3 weeks, get in touch with them. It doesnt specify if this is for phone or for the in person interview.

For me, it was less than two weeks between phone interview and acceptance packet. Probably like 11 or 12 days or something. I've read others say the same, so two weeks at the most, unless you like in Alaska or Hawaii or something. My advice: don't remember what day you took your interview, and don't count the days, and then when you get your packet in the mail, you'll say, "Wow, that was fast."

Who told him he would get an e-mail answer? Because unless he doesn't have a mailbox, I'm pretty sure he's not going to get an e-mail.

the person who interviewed him on the phone, maybe he misunderstood. i will ask him again. but he has been checking his email like crazy.
your's came in the regular mail? did you get a package of information?

I'm as near to one-hundred percent sure as I can be that everyone gets their packet in the mail. It's a big white envelope with sheets of paper and little folder/pamphlet thing with info. The only e-mail he's going to get is a thank you for interviewing e-mail, and then some more once he goes on and accepts his invitation should he get one.

I interviewed on Sept 28, my letter was dated Oct 3, and I received the letter in the mail Oct 8 - if that gives you any idea of the timeline.

It was a large white envelope, and I received no e-mail besides the 'thank you for interviewing' one I received the day after I did my phone interview.

I was very nervous about the whole process, but found it to be very pleasant overall as everyone within Disney is so friendly (which is why I wanted to work there to begin with) If anyone going through the process has any questions like this, so far I've gotten up to my 'accept your position' phase and might be able to answer!

I think that was the same nite he got interviewed. hopefully since not mail today, maybe tommorow! this is nerve racking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter