I Got Adventerous....At Least For Me...

zebrastreyepz

DIS Veteran
Me (55) and DH (49) were at ASMu from 07.31.2022 to 08.07.2022

DH has Type 2 Diabetes.

First time on site except for me staying at Fort Wilderness in 1998.

My 11th trip since 1972. DH's 5th trip since 2017.

New places we tried:
  • Intermission Food Court - Breakfasts for me were a miss because I didn't like the eggs no matter what form I tried them in. DH enjoyed the omelet daily with a side of bacon and sausage. We definitely got our money's worth out of the refillable mugs. We had dinner there a couple of times. DH had the salmon and the beef. He had a double side of green beans and eliminated the potatoes. He enjoyed both. I had the Braised Beef Dinner one night and the Chicken Parm the other night. The beef was good. The Chicken Parm was OK. For me, they put too much red sauce on the pasta. If I ate it again, I would ask for maybe half the sauce or try the alfredo. I had a piece of cheese pizza one night and I thought it was OK and would eat it again.
  • Rose and Crown - DH had the Fish and Chips and the Whisky Flight. He loved both. I had the Bangers and Mash. The sausages were excellent. The potatoes were fine. The gravy was over the top for me. Again, I would probably ask for them to use maybe half if I were to order it again.
  • Be Our Guest - DH had the Charcuterie Board and the Filet. I had Lobster Bisque and the Pork. We really enjoyed our appetizers and main courses. For the dessert trio, we both thought the macaron was outstanding. It's the first one I've ever had where I could TELL it was supposed to have a specific flavor and not just be a bland sugar-tasting thing. The Grand Marnier Infused Truffle....I loved it. So much. The Grey Stuff is meh and the brownie cup it came in was inedible. I would go again just to eat in the castle and see The Master. The experience was worth it to me and everything I'd hoped for.
  • Brew Wings at Food and Wine - We tried the Garlic Parmesan and Jerk Chicken Wings, the Brussels Sprouts, and the Cider Flight. Everything tasted great. For the cider flight, I liked the Honeycrisp the most, then the Strawberry Lemonade, then the Guava one.
  • La Hacienda de San Angel - We had the calamari appetizer, DH had the Carne Asada, and I had the Lobster Tacos. We also ordered the plantains so I could try them. EVERYTHING was so good. While Be Our Guest was my favorite experience, this was my favorite food.
  • Sebastian's Bistro - While we loved everything about this family-style meal, the dessert (a pineapple coconut bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce) was the standout. We are booked at Caribbean Beach next June and will definitely return to this restaurant.
  • Cape May - We went for the breakfast buffet and it was delicious.
Repeats:
  • Sunshine Seasons - It's probably the best food court on property and we never fail to find something here for everyone.
  • Sci-Fi - This was my 2nd experience here and our first sitting in the cars. NEVER AGAIN. My burger and onion rings were fine but DH got some special thing with a crab cake that he said was soggy and barely edible. My biggest issue was the seating, though. So cramped and uncomfortable.
  • Whispering Canyon - I had the Heritage Skillet and DH had the Carnivore. Good food and so entertaining for us.
  • Columbia Harbor House - I might return if I was desperate. In the trio basket I had ... all the meats were way overcooked. DH had the salmon and said it was fine. The draw here, for me, is eating upstairs in relative peace and quiet.

Thanks for posting your review. The only two places you visited that we intend to visit next week are Columbia Harbour House and Sci-fi diner. I'll be having the salmon, so it was good to read a positive review.

As for Sci-Fi diner, I'm taking my DN who's almost 6ft and all legs, I hope he's not too uncomfortable. We'll be having a burger each only, as he just wants the experience (I've dined there before).

The Turtle Brownie at Sunshine Seasons was always a good snack choice, especially if we had to wait for our fastpass window at Soarin to open.

I miss our Be Our Guest days in the West Wing but DN is almost 15 so he would have to be dragged kicking and screaming into anything that resembles Beauty and the Beast nowadays 😂

Thanks for posting your review. The only two places you visited that we intend to visit next week are Columbia Harbour House and Sci-fi diner. I'll be having the salmon, so it was good to read a positive review.

As for Sci-Fi diner, I'm taking my DN who's almost 6ft and all legs, I hope he's not too uncomfortable. We'll be having a burger each only, as he just wants the experience (I've dined there before).

The Turtle Brownie at Sunshine Seasons was always a good snack choice, especially if we had to wait for our fastpass window at Soarin to open.

I miss our Be Our Guest days in the West Wing but DN is almost 15 so he would have to be dragged kicking and screaming into anything that resembles Beauty and the Beast nowadays 😂
I hope you have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter