I got in, I got in, I GOT IN!! Wine and Dine 5K .....a bit excited, eh?

bellelayne1

in my happy place and I have my mouse ears on.
YAY!!!
I took today off not knowing how this would go signing up for my first RunDisney event. I'm only doing the 5K but if you knew me you would think that's crazy. :-) I'm not athletic but I've done two other 5Ks locally and it is so great to set a goal you never thought you could make and then DO IT!! I have my first bib at work on the wall saying "anything is possible" on top of it. I'm just thoroughly excited I got a place in the first ten minutes. I was so nervous!!!
WAHOOOOOO!!!!
Ok, now I'm scared. HAHAHA
:crazy2:

Congrats!!! I too got in for my first Run Disney event (the Challenge). I feel your excitement for sure!!

Congratulations! I started with the DLR 5K back in 2011 and got hooked, careful or it will happen to you... ;)

YAY!!!
I took today off not knowing how this would go signing up for my first RunDisney event. I'm only doing the 5K but if you knew me you would think that's crazy. :-) I'm not athletic but I've done two other 5Ks locally and it is so great to set a goal you never thought you could make and then DO IT!! I have my first bib at work on the wall saying "anything is possible" on top of it. I'm just thoroughly excited I got a place in the first ten minutes. I was so nervous!!!
WAHOOOOOO!!!!
Ok, now I'm scared. HAHAHA
:crazy2:

You can TOTALLY do this! They tell you that there is a pace requirement, but the 5k isn't timed... so as long as you keep moving you're golden!
Which means, between now and November try to train as best you can. And then when you get there, let the training keep you moving forward, and focus on enjoying what's around you! :)
You have nothing to be scared of. You already did the hardest part-- deciding to do it :)

Yay! Congrats! My first rD race was the Everest Challenge and I've been hooked ever since. Running at Disney is such a blast, it will be your best run yet! Happy training!

I'm freakin jealous of you. I couldn't get in at all - I'm hoping there will be some openings available at the expo, like for the darkside run.

It's an easy-peasy run. 3 miles - you can do that in a swift walk around AK. Besides, don't people say that you walk 10 miles at Disney anyway.

Good luck -and get some holiday gear cause it's a holiday themed race! Have fun!

Congratulations! I started with the DLR 5K back in 2011 and got hooked, careful or it will happen to you... ;)
Totally got hooked doing the last Everest Challenge in 2014 and have done two more since! Soooo much fun! My DS(23) is right there with me. You wouldn't think a twenty something year old would want to "run" with his old mom, but we have a blast and show off our hardware when we get back home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter