i got lost in disneyland when i was 7

iloveyou_belle

bad never looked this good
during my first trip to disneyland, i got lost in the park.

we were in line for its a small world and i found it so amazing that i wandered off to get a better look at the clock. i didn't notice the line moving and my family didn't notice me missing because my uncle thought i was with my mom and my mom thought i was with my uncle. when i tuned around they were gone, so i went out of the line looking for them around the general area, i think i even reached tomorrowland at one point. i started asking strangers if they've seen my mommy. a nice lady asked me where my family was and i told her they were in its a small world and they got lost. so, she brought me over to a cast member and he brought me back to the small world loading area and lifted me up and announced that i was lost and my family could pick me up there. good thing my brother was wearing the exact same thing as me so the CM spotted them. i was lost for about an hour and a half as i recall.

the irony of it all...everyone in my family was freaking out and i didn't have a care in the world that i got lost. :rotfl:

That is funny. My nephew did the same thing at the Zoo when he was about 6. Got seperated, took a tour then headed for the car, figuring we would meet him there. We of course were frantically running all over the zoo for 2 hours looking for him. An employee spotted him at the gate and got him back to us. We didn't realize how much he had seen until he kept mentioning all these different animals that the rest of us had not seen.

Oh man...I have a lost story, that I actually lost a kid! When I was 18 I had just started leading youth group at my church. I had 6th grade girls and the junior high took a trip to DLR for the day (from AZ). Since we were there all day, around 4 PM one of my girls that was with me for the day fell asleep while on a park bench when we were all taking a break. The youth pastor was there with us and I guess when the large group of us (a couple other leaders and about 10 kids) decided on a ride to venture off to, she didn't get the memo and stayed behind. I don't remember the events that followed exactly, but my youth pastor did have fun with me and pretend that she wasn't with him. He claimed over the walkie for all the other leaders to hear (I was the youngest by far, and so much of a rookie!), "Julie, did you loose Bethany?" And I remembered just being shocked, my other 6th grade girls and students thinking it was hilarious, and then little Bethany's voice comes over the walkie, "hahahaha, you lost me!!" Ya, I was completely freaked out, but in the end it all worked out and she ended up hanging out with a different group of students for the remainder of the night. To this day, now a sophomore in high school, she'll bring up the story of when I left her at Disney to anyone who will listen. :rotfl: Never lost a kid on all our trips since then!

On Christmas Eve 2006, we were in DTD on our way to Goofy's for dinner. I lost my 6 year old DS. We stopped to look at something and he just kept walking. We was gone for about 20 min. All I can say is that there are some AMAZING CMs & SECURITY a DTD. They had people watching every exit. I don't really panic, I held it together. At the 20 minute marker I was starting to get a little freaked out. They were on the phone to the police to get them there and then someone called over the radio that a family had found a little blonde hair boy crying by the Christmas Tree. It was so scary.

So that is my lost story. For the rest of the trip he barely left my side.

Oh my. In Oct we were at DTD and saw a mom freak out. She had just realized that her little girl was missing. It was about 10 minutes before she was found (she ended up walking into the big store). There was security there within seconds and tons and tons of strangers that stopped to look for her. It was one of the worst 10 minutes of my life and it wasn't even my child or anyone I knew.

I got lost in Disneyland when I was about 12. (79 or 80) I was there with my Aunt, 2 brothers and my sister. We were sitting watching the ELP and I had to go to the bathroom. I got turned around and couldn't see where they were in the sea of people and ended up meeting them at City Hall since that is where we arranged to meet if anyone got lost. Still remember that panicky feeling of being alone in DL in the dark and hoping I was going the right way! :scared1: It worked out in the end, though. I still really haven't seen the entire ELP. :lmao:

I told my friends kid shes about 4 that if she got lost they would screw her feet into the floor at its a small world and keep her there. She stayed close the whole day, she also knew I was messing around.

I got lost in Disneyland when I was younger too. I was listening to the party lines in one of the shops and next thing I knew, they were gone. It was the scariest thing ever and I just stood there crying until a nice lady got a Cast Member for me. I still give my parents a hard time about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter