I guess we'll be flying instead of driving!!!

perd

DIS Veteran
We had planned to rent a van and drive down for October trip (when oldest DD was old enough to have her own car and I wasn't hauling three kids with me all the time, I stopped driving a van and got a Jeep - which won't work for long trips), but had to change trip to the week of Christmas. The van rental that was going to be around $300 in October will be over $1000 the week of Christmas!!!

So...I checked flights. $1300 for five of us to fly. If I had been smart enough to book it earlier, it would have been a lot less (more like $900).

When you figure in $1000 for van rental (unless they come out with a code but I doubt it since it's the week of Christmas), plus gas, plus a night in a hotel on the way down and a night in a hotel on the way back, plus food for five on the road for two days down and two days back, plus the exhaustion of driving such a long distance...it just doesn't make sense to drive.

I think we will probably get a rental car at MCO, just a compact car (we would need a van for driving that distance with five of us, but just running around Orlando and DW we can live with a compact for six days, I think), and that will be about $300. So yes, we'd still come out ahead if we drove but not that much ahead, plus when you figure the aggravation of driving for two days with three grouchy kids, a few hundred dollars doesn't seem like that much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter