I have 53 points I need to use by end of Aug 2018

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
It's a little convoluted and I'm confused.

I borrowed points to waitlist something. It is highly unlikely it will come through, cancelled the waitlist.

53 points went back into my account for 2018 and it looks like they are unable to be banked.

My regular use year month is September. I typically need to bank in April.

We have a long trip planned end of May into June. No other trips planned this year.

What can I do?

Either rent them to someone if you can get a reservation in this short time, or transfer to RCI which gives you like a couple of years to use them. I did that and now am booked for a NYC stay in Aug.

Call and see if the borrowed points can be used for the trip in May. That may free up some current year points that you can bank

Since setting up a waitlist doesn't actually borrow points until it fills do you mean you made a dummy reservation and then cancelled that? Otherwise I'm confused too!

Ah wait - you aren't in your 2018 UY yet. A Sept UY is still in your 2017 UY. And you can't bank points until you start the UY that has the points you want to bank. Soooooooo, if they are in your 2018 UY they won't show as bankable until your 2018 UY starts on Sept 1, 2018. Whatever shows on your banking window now is in the 2017 UY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter