I have another question????

LeahA

DIS Veteran
To parents with small kids who have stayed at FW, does it get to be a hassle with all the shuttle bus rides to get to the pool and restaurants with your little ones with?

I have 2 kids and they will be close to 2 and 5 when we go, I would need to bring a stroller and a diaper bag/back pack etc... everywhere I go. I'm just wondering if it would become frustrating having to do so many shuttle bus rides.

Thanks for listenening!

Leah

Scott,

Is it expensive to rent a golf cart? How many days do you rent one for?

Leah

Fort wilderness rents them for 43.00 for a 24 hour period, you can rent them off site from other companies, many on this board including us have used Golf Cart Enterprises, they are usually cheaper and they deliver the cart to FW so its waiting for you when you check in. We actually rented a larger model ( 3 Seats) for less than the smaller disney model

From a daddy point of view, Yes it is a hassle to ride the bus and believe me i can tell you it is no fun sitting with a diaper bag and stroller on your lap While sitting on the bus,Oh yes i forgot the back back with all the other must haves,We also rent a golf cart while at the fort .Most of the time we will drive our truck to the parks,Hint some times i take a small gas grill and cook hot dogs for lunch in the parking lot,a real money saver if you are on a budget! I know some take sandwichs in, But i love to cook on my grills!

DaddyDon,

We have always stayed off-site, and actually have always drove to all the parks. I would like to stay at FW because of the cabin, much needed space and the atmosphere. But, I don't know how conveinent all the buses would be. I know it can be done and many do it, I just hate getting stressed out on vacation, and knowing myself, I probably will get stressed out.
That's why taking your own car is nice, your kids can crash in the car when you leave the park, everybody is guaranteed a seat, and the a/c is cranked up.

Thanks for your thoughts! :)

LeahA,You are so very welcome .I have a 4 year old And how well do i know the hassels of the bus!!!!!Many may not agree But there is no ride like your own ride!:bounce:P.S. You will love the Cabins!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter