• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have been DISboards deprived!

Kayla's Mom

<font color=darkorchid>You are not alone!! I have
My DD (7) broke her elbow Wednesday night and ended up having surgery on it Thursday morning (poor thing fell off her bike while it was stopped!). We spent 2 nights at the hospital and didn't get home until Friday afternoon. Then we caught up on sleep the rest of the weekend.

I feel like I have been off the boards for WEEKS instead of a few days! :laughing: I couldn't access the site from the hospital because it was BLOCKED! :scared1: I felt so behind in having 4 pages of new posts to read! :rotfl:

DD is doing great, she was so brave through everything (doc said it was one of the worst he has seen, definitely not the words you want to hear after surgery :sad2:), unfortunately she will probably still be in a cast in 6 weeks for her b-day trip, but just thankful she is ok. :goodvibes

I am glad your daughter is OK. Nothing scarier than seeing your child in pain. Make sure she brings a big marker to DLR to get the characters to sign her cast!

Pixie dust across the Valley to you and your family!

PHXscuba

OMG that sounds so painful! Poor thing...I hope she's feeling better soon! I can't believe the hospital blocked Disboards! :confused3 That's weird!

I am glad your daughter is OK. Nothing scarier than seeing your child in pain. Make sure she brings a big marker to DLR to get the characters to sign her cast!

Pixie dust across the Valley to you and your family!

PHXscuba

What a great idea! I hadn't even thought of that -- thank you!! :goodvibes

OMG that sounds so painful! Poor thing...I hope she's feeling better soon! I can't believe the hospital blocked Disboards! :confused3 That's weird!

Thanks! I think it had something to do with it being a forum, I tried another shopping site (with a forum) that was blocked too.... :confused3

Poor thing. Glad your DD is doing well after all that and that you're back on the boards!

I just went through a similar experience with a hospital blocking sites. DS was at CHOC for 3 weeks and they blocked our blog! I wanted to update everyone on how he was doing and I couldn't log in. So frustrating but at least I was able to get on the Disboards so all was not lost.

Oh Renee, I am so sorry for your baby girl!:flower3:
The good thing is that children mend quickly and she will be out of that cast and back to normal before you know it.:thumbsup2

I went on a week long cruise in June (without internet) and when we came home I felt like I had been away for m-o-n-t-h-s, so I know what you mean.

Welcome back!:laughing:

Poor thing. Glad your DD is doing well after all that and that you're back on the boards!

Sorry guys, I just saw these posts! Thanks LavenderPeach! :goodvibes

Oh Renee, I am so sorry for your baby girl!:flower3:
The good thing is that children mend quickly and she will be out of that cast and back to normal before you know it.:thumbsup2

I went on a week long cruise in June (without internet) and when we came home I felt like I had been away for m-o-n-t-h-s, so I know what you mean.

Welcome back!:laughing:

Thanks lulubelle - we are going to get her hard cast on today (they waited a week to watch for swelling). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter