I just did a Rugged Maniac 5k

RnbwSktles

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to briefly share my experience doing the Rugged Maniac 5k this past weekend...

I am sore, sunburned, bruised, and scratched, but it was a BLAST!

For anyone unfamiliar with the race, it is one of the many mud run/obstacle course races that have been popping up recently. It mostly consists of climbing over walls and crawling through mud. There were 15-20 variations of this throughout the course, some a lot worse than others.

We did not do a lot of running in the beginning since it was so hot (around 90), and later on as we cooled off in the mud, it became almost impossible to run. It took us 1 hour and 16 minutes to finish, so very slow by 5k standards!

For anyone considering one of these in the future, I would recommend some kind of covering for your knees. Maybe other courses are different, but this one had a lot of mulch and rocks mixed in with the mud that made it very painful to crawl through!

Also, while I don't think you need to be in really good shape to complete this race, it would be difficult for someone who is in pretty bad shape. It is difficult to walk in some of the mud and very slippery. I also had trouble on some of the obstacles that required upper body strength, but you can always go around them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!