I just saved $563.00! Who knew the price would come down 15 days prior to start of the trip?

Crazyhorse

DIS Veteran
Holy Cow! Really feeling blessed this holiday season. Way back when, I booked BWI, Deluxe Room, Club Level. I was able to get the Magical Holiday rate of roughly $660 a night. Periodically I've played around on MDE, checking to see if an AP rate would come out. No luck...until today! I was able to drop the price from $4508.00 to $3944.00! So don't give up....keep checking MDE!

Holy Cow! Really feeling blessed this holiday season. Way back when, I booked BWI, Deluxe Room, Club Level. I was able to get the Magical Holiday rate of roughly $660 a night. Periodically I've played around on MDE, checking to see if an AP rate would come out. No luck...until today! I was able to drop the price from $4508.00 to $3944.00! So don't give up....keep checking MDE!
Oh my gosh yes! We had rack rate at the Grand Floridian. Disney just opened up rooms with the AP rate. The Holidays just became so much brighter.

:santa::santa::santa:

Oh my gosh yes! We had rack rate at the Grand Floridian. Disney just opened up rooms with the AP rate. The Holidays just became so much brighter.

:santa::santa::santa:

What is the GF discount percentage? We booked with another offer code -- wondering if AP will be a better discount. We don't have APs yet so I can't look online, but were going to upgrade to APs once we get there... I wonder if I should give them a call.

What is the GF discount percentage? We booked with another offer code -- wondering if AP will be a better discount. We don't have APs yet so I can't look online, but were going to upgrade to APs once we get there... I wonder if I should give them a call.

If you give me dates, I’ll be happy to check & see what the AP rate is....

GF for those dates only shows availability for a room category of Outer Building, Garden View for $584.00 per night. All other room categories are sold out, relative to an AP rate.
Thanks. I believe the rate we got with a UOC was a better discount. Appreciate you checking!

Congrats on the additional savings! Have a great trip :wizard:.

I see you got the the answer you were looking for. Just wanted to add the AP discount on the GF was 30% off.

Never, ever stop checking!!! We check-in in just a few days and my obsessive checking multiple times per day has finally paid off!!

Had 3 nights booked at GF Outer Building Deluxe room under the Magical Holiday discount. Today I was finally able to modify it to an AP-rate Outer Building garden view. We didn't need the extra room in the deluxe room, but back in August when I booked it was all I could get. The standard room also works better for us because we arrive early in the morning and there are so few deluxe rooms that the possibility of early check-in was very low. I could have kept the deluxe room and gotten an AP rate, but with only 2 of us in the room it wasn't worth the extra $50/night.

Saved $400!!

I'm active military and this happens all the time! Never stop checking if a discount opens up! Everyone thinks I'm crazy but I'm always able to snag the Poly or Contemp at $250-$300 a night just days before my arrival.

Concur with the successes above. I was checking obsessively since the AP rates came out, and just yesterday (7 days prior) I was able to score AP rates at CBR to save about $150 over 5 nights (in addition to the $75 GC. So it 'feels like' I'm making money this trip lololololololol). A few weeks back we decided to add a night on at the beginning of our trip, and it didn't take me as long to find a single AP-rate night, but was able to get one at POFQ also.

I think the trick is to keep searching, and once you get to over 1000 inquiries, they start to hand out the deals. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!