I know I'm insane but...

So I'm thinking of doing a solo trip from April 5th-8th...

I have a free 4-Day Park Hopper ticket and I found an AirBnb 10 minutes away for only $50 a night. Is this a totally dumb idea? Lol. Anyone have any tips?

If a park has Morning Extra Magic hours, should I avoid that park until evening? Do people tend to leave after those few early hours?

This is completely spontaneous but I feel like a Disney trip would do me some good right now!

I have a free 4-Day Park Hopper ticket and I found an AirBnb 10 minutes away for only $50 a night. Is this a totally dumb idea? Lol. Anyone have any tips?

If a park has Morning Extra Magic hours, should I avoid that park until evening? Do people tend to leave after those few early hours?

This is completely spontaneous but I feel like a Disney trip would do me some good right now!

Go for it! Nothing better than a spontaneous Disney trip where everything seems to have fallen in place just for you. Go enjoy it :)
I venture to say people are more likely to stay after the Extra Magic Hours in the mornings, but hey(!) it's not that many, right ;)

Go for it! Nothing better than a spontaneous Disney trip where everything seems to have fallen in place just for you. Go enjoy it :)
I venture to say people are more likely to stay after the Extra Magic Hours in the mornings, but hey(!) it's not that many, right ;)
As of right now, I am going to avoid any parks with extra magic hours!

You are going to have a great time!!! I wouldn't worry too much about the extra magic hours, you should be fine. Keep in mind the parks will be busy from the spring break crowds, so book your Fast Passes.

You should totally go! Solo trips are a blast. It's easier to get fastpasses, you can do whatever you want as many times as you want, and you don't need to worry about keeping anyone happy but yourself! I wouldn't worry about the EMH. I know that when I'm at Disney and a park has EMH, I usually only stick around for a couple hours. I use the extra time in the park to do things early with shorter lines, and then I go to a different park for the afternoon.

I'm experimenting on my next trip - go to the Extra Magic Hour park either the day before or after it's offered. Have a great time!

Oh gosh, not insane at all. Plus, you have the park hopper ticket which means that you can always change plans if you find that one park is more crowded than your liking. You can always keep an eye on the wait times in the Disney app to get a sense of where to go. Hope you have a great time and be sure to report back on your learnings!

Go for it, last minute solo trips are great. I wouldn't worry about EMH, you have hoppers so if you get to a park and it's too crowded just hop to another one.

OMG! If I were you I would do it!

All of the parks, despite whether or not they have morning EMH, will get crowded during peak time (late morning/ early afternoon), but avoiding the parks that do have the extra hours on those days would always be a better idea if you could (there's usually only one park a day, so you should be able to avoid that). Also since you are not staying on property you may want to get to the park for rope drop to get on some rides early since getting FPs will be harder considering you will not have the 60 day out advantage that on-property guests get :) Good luck and HAVE FUN!

Solo trips are the best! You’ll have an absolutely wonderful time. Plus, dining solo is a great experience and I’ve always had really sweet servers when solo.

Any day at WDW/DL/DCL/DVC/ABD is better than a day at work/school.
No one but yourself can tell you that you are doing something wrong for your vacations.

Heres my tip on crowds vs EMH, Morning EMH you will see larger crowds then Evening EMH, if you go on a Wensday and can last till 1 am, Closing Magic Kingdom at 1 in the morning is some of the best low crowd, picture taking experiences you can have at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter