I leave Saturday!

BethCPTSD

Mouseketeer
HI everyone!
I leave Saturday to drive to Orlando from Baltimore. I'm stopping one night half way. As I've talked about quite awhile ago, I have several severe trauma disorders (psychiatric) like CPTSD and DID etc etc plus physical chronic illnesses such as POTS, autoimmune, etc etc. For POTS and other things I use a power chair.
Anyway, I'm taking a solo trip with my service dog this time. Hubby can't join because he's working. I'm very excited to be going and know I will enjoy my trip as it's my favorite place ever, but because of my trauma disorders I'm just having a ton of anxiety about being on my own and being safe, and taking care of myself without help. Last time I went my husband took care of everything and I got very spoiled by that! I just had a lift put in my car for my wheelchair this week, so I can finally travel and have access to my chair. This is the main reason I'm driving, as it will save costs and be much easier to get around on my own. I'm staying at an Airbnb in Winter Park.

Just looking for some reminders about the joys of Disney on a solo trip and all the things I have to look forward to. My anxiety is always especially high in anticipation of events, so I know I will feel better once I actually get there. Thinking about it drives me crazy! I have many ADR's especially for the last week. I'm staying 3 weeks because the first two will be spent with added service dog training with a service dog trainer who uses the parks.

Thank you for reading!
Beth

how fun that you will be at Disney for 3 weeks this is something some of us can only dream of. You will do great down there.

thanks, Gap! I should add that even though this is a longer trip (much, much longer than many) we are doing it for amazingly cheap. Last year when my husband and I went, we were also there for an extended amount of time so we bought annual passes that are still good. And the Airbnb I'm staying at is less than $40 a night!! Plus I'm driving, which will save a ton of cost of getting accessible transportation everywhere I need to go. There are ways of lessening the cost!

I will be getting a lift when we get a new van. Our current van is 13 years old. Our van is in perfect condition, but I don’t want to install a lift in a car that old.

Not sure what I’m really waiting on. We’ve had interruptions like me breaking a bone in a fall, my sister having surgery, my DH having some issues.

I guess I need to just go do it. Please give us updates as you go. You are going to have so much fun!!!

One of the big advantages of going by yourself is that you are in charge of what to do and when.

Hope you have a great time. Let usknow how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter