I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the Twitter campaign pop up once Doctor of Credit liked it/retweeted it. I saw it before I even got caught up on here and saw what you all were doing. Good job!

I just follow (weird combination of politics, credit cards, travel and WDW) and don’t tweet but while I think it is worth a shot I don’t think it will change anything. I know last trip I was able to use UR’s the agent was super nice and said she wanted to do the paperwork and written change because “we don’t want to make Disney mad as of right now we have a good relationship.” I almost think it has to do with Disney and the rumors from before...that maybe they eliminated it from the portal because a new Chase Disney card is coming.

Its cold and snowing. Need good old fashioned modest comfort food for dinner: dump 5 different canned foods in crockpot, add velveeta and ground beef, heat through. Serve with fritos.
We had barbecue chicken, rice, and broccoli. We’re supposed to get ANOTHER 4-6 inches tomorrow night and this weekend is all freezing rain. I’d rather it just stayed cold so I don’t have to deal with ice

OK, I got it. You cannot have more then 6 new accounts in 2 years. Honestly, I am not sure how many I have opened. I know the JetBlue Barclays I opened April, 2018, maybe that's why?

Barclays like you to keep and use an account for at least a year before opening another one. And they REALLY like regular and heavy use. I'd count up your accounts and then apply again in a few months.

Unfortunately need to wait until he’s under 5/24....I’ve read to be safe it’s off the report wait until the following month so 4/1....
As far as CIC vs CIU...why not both....for us we did the CIC first...then the CIU

Thanks, that's what I thought. As to why not 2, we are trying to take things slowly, keep AMEX happy, and also reduce our spending. We blew through a ton of MSRs with all organic spend because we had a bunch of stuff we needed to spend on, but I'm trying to slow that down for now. It will pick up on it's own I'm sure. I'd like to put our property taxes on a card (was going to be the Hyatt, but that's mostly done already, way ahead of schedule).

I suppose I can go for a CIP if I get enough courage to apply for a business card. But I got the Hyatt at the end of December/early January. Not sure how long I should wait to apply for another Chase card.

Credit Karma will show the date you opened each card...make sure you look at closed accounts too..since they count if opened in the last 24 months...also if your an authorized user on any accounts opened in the last 24 months

I just ran my credit Karma and it said my 2 credit scores were 797 and 803 or 813, I forget. Anyway, I believe I opened 5 new accounts within the last 2 years. I will look again and write down. I didn't see where I could see my closed accounts. When the 2 year passes on the one, can I apply again for Barclays? Even if they rejected me? I think the 70,000 is the best one out there right now. Thanks for your help.

Also, do store credit cards count towards the 6/24???

I just ran my credit Karma and it said my 2 credit scores were 797 and 803 or 813, I forget. Anyway, I believe I opened 5 new accounts within the last 2 years. I will look again and write down. I didn't see where I could see my closed accounts. When the 2 year passes on the one, can I apply again for Barclays? Even if they rejected me? I think the 70,000 is the best one out there right now. Thanks for your help.

Yes, store cards count.

Thanks, that's what I thought. As to why not 2, we are trying to take things slowly, keep AMEX happy, and also reduce our spending. We blew through a ton of MSRs with all organic spend because we had a bunch of stuff we needed to spend on, but I'm trying to slow that down for now. It will pick up on it's own I'm sure. I'd like to put our property taxes on a card (was going to be the Hyatt, but that's mostly done already, way ahead of schedule).

I suppose I can go for a CIP if I get enough courage to apply for a business card. But I got the Hyatt at the end of December/early January. Not sure how long I should wait to apply for another Chase card.

I’m spacing out our Chase cards every 3 months.....actually without a MSR right now taking advantage of category spends...well I am..DH will only carry 1 card so he’s using the CIU
If you can meet the MSR on the CIP...the 80k URs are awesome

Yes store cards count...on my credit karma..it says closed accounts after I get to the last opened account..when I click on that it shows closed accounts

Last edited:
@SouthFayetteFan, @gottalovepluto or anyone else who is a twitter expert...I think you should retweet/send to the big cc blogs like Points Guy, Million Mile Secrets, Boarding Area etc. Maybe we can reverse engineer the Tesla guy and get them to write an article about it and shame Chase. Worth a shot. :)
I tagged a bunch of them on Twitter - maybe I’ll keep doing it or send some emails too.

@SouthFayetteFan, @gottalovepluto or anyone else who is a twitter expert...I think you should retweet/send to the big cc blogs like Points Guy, Million Mile Secrets, Boarding Area etc. Maybe we can reverse engineer the Tesla guy and get them to write an article about it and shame Chase. Worth a shot. :)

it needs on the major news website... ie msn, business insider, etc.

I tagged a bunch of them on Twitter - maybe I’ll keep doing it or send some emails too.

Did you tag @FlyerTalkerinA2 - he writes Travel Blogger Buzz. Doesn't like b.s. and will write about it if there is enough stink. He's highly regarded on FlyerTalk so it will likely get talked about over there.

Go about it in another direction too - tag someone like @runwithmiles and mention how people like to use UR to book Disney resorts for the RunDisney events.

We had barbecue chicken, rice, and broccoli. We’re supposed to get ANOTHER 4-6 inches tomorrow night and this weekend is all freezing rain. I’d rather it just stayed cold so I don’t have to deal with ice
Ugh this forecast has me wanting to crawl under a rock and never come out. We have heavy snow for the weekend and I have to drive 45 miles each way to St Paul on Sunday.

Yes store cards count...on my credit karma..it says closed accounts after I get to the last opened account..when I click on that it shows closed accounts

I just checked again and wrote down all my open and closed accounts. I still only had 5 new opened accounts within the last 24 months and my scores are 797 and 810. I still don't know why I was denied from Barclays. Does anyone on here recommend me re-applying to Barclays in a few months after one of my cards goes beyond the 24 months, just in case there is a card I might be on with my husband (even tho I don't think so). Is my credit rating OK, or should I try to get it higher?

I just checked again and wrote down all my open and closed accounts. I still only had 5 new opened accounts within the last 24 months and my scores are 797 and 810. I still don't know why I was denied from Barclays. Does anyone on here recommend me re-applying to Barclays in a few months after one of my cards goes beyond the 24 months, just in case there is a card I might be on with my husband (even tho I don't think so). Is my credit rating OK, or should I try to get it higher?

I think you credit rating is fine... don’t have any Barclays cards so not familiar with their policies....I’m. Sure someone who is can help

Ugh this forecast has me wanting to crawl under a rock and never come out. We have heavy snow for the weekend and I have to drive 45 miles each way to St Paul on Sunday.
Ew is it for something really important? Our band was supposed to practice this weekend but I don’t see that happening. I did make it to the rec center today because I’m not sure when I’ll be able to go again

Ew is it for something really important? Our band was supposed to practice this weekend but I don’t see that happening. I did make it to the rec center today because I’m not sure when I’ll be able to go again
Yep. We have tickets for Falsettos at the Ordway. We have to go. They were expensive and it’s one of my dd’s favorite shows. I hate this winter.

DD is a freshman at Taylor this year. I also attended my first two years of undergrad. Wonderful school. DD loves it! Hope it went well for him today.

Thank you! The professor told me it went great and that he’d be in the top few piano students, but DS is telling me about all the problems with his performance and how he can’t see how it could have been that good. Crazy that your DD is there. What does she study?

Yep. We have tickets for Falsettos at the Ordway. We have to go. They were expensive and it’s one of my dd’s favorite shows. I hate this winter.
This has been a brutal winter and it just keeps going. We literally have 2 snow piles double my height in our culdesac and when it snows tomorrow I have no idea where they’re gonna put the new snow. There’s only so many places to put it around the circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts