I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@babecca1 @afan
Thank you for your advice with the credit freeze. Apparently someone applied for a small business loan in DH’s name. Fortunately I caught it in time and he was able to terminate the application. Had I not been looking at his credit report that could have been a potential nightmare. He placed the freeze while on the phone with Experian and I just did the other two. Super easy like you said. Also it appears that the inquiry has already fallen off Experian since he disputed it this morning. I’m grateful it all worked out for us. 2020 has been something else 🤪
That is lucky you were looking at his credit report and caught it early! I am one of those who has credit frozen for myself and my DH. Like others have said, I agree it is easy to unfreeze when you want to apply for a new card.

I've decided to go to the beach this weekend.

Tired of staying in and made a reservation at the Hyatt. Got a little twisted up making, canceling and remaking the reservation as I was trying to figure how to work some Marriott free nights into my visit, but Marriott had me blocked on the 35's, and I wasn't quite ready to drop my 50. (Charging 40k on the nights I wanted.) I may still get it if they reduce the cost as I've seen it happen over this summer. They are constantly reworking the points to follow occupancy, which is great strategy on their part.

They have a JW Marriott in Bonnet Creek that is 50K, and I was thinking I might drop in there for a night or two in January or February. So I stashed the 50k for a minute. That may be my first Florida trip. I've still got November nights that I don't want to let loose, but it's probably going to happen. Have considered renting my BWV SV reservation that starts Oct 31, but will probably just cancel as my points are not in trouble.

As far as the beach trip Air Forcer Thunderbirds will be performing and my balcony should put me centered on the action, and properly socially distanced. They will fly over the water in front of my hotel. There will be other flight demos also, so lots of noise. This program got itself rescheduled and I'm actually surprised it is happening. But, believe it or not, I will enjoy watching the action. The only thing better for me would be Blue.

And, Hyatt has a promo that will give me 25% of my points back.
Enjoy your trip to OC!

@babecca1 @afan
Thank you for your advice with the credit freeze. Apparently someone applied for a small business loan in DH’s name. Fortunately I caught it in time and he was able to terminate the application. Had I not been looking at his credit report that could have been a potential nightmare. He placed the freeze while on the phone with Experian and I just did the other two. Super easy like you said. Also it appears that the inquiry has already fallen off Experian since he disputed it this morning. I’m grateful it all worked out for us. 2020 has been something else 🤪

I am super impressed you caught that and knocked it out so quick. :worship:
I need to do better keeping an eye on our credit reports.

I am super impressed you caught that and knocked it out so quick. :worship:
I need to do better keeping an eye on our credit reports.
It really was strange that I just happened to check his credit. I look at mine every couple weeks or so, but rarely his. I hope my story encourages people to take a look more frequently. I believe it saved us from something that could have been a terrible mess. 😊

P2 was approved for Barclays Aviator Biz!

She was given whopping credit line of $650....I have never seen anything like that before.

The good thing is that she was approved. I went haha, because i can remember being approved for $500 many years ago from a credit card when we moved to a different city, and then having Amex gradually up my lines on several cards to 30k, and I had to back them off. No larger lines with Chase though - best was 15k. But - I would take the $650 and watch as they add to it.

Have we discussed that Riviera is bank on the Chase portal? Just the villas.

Overall, I just can't get excited about Riviera. The Skyliner doesn't interest me and after touring the rooms I agree the furnishings were nice.

But, I loved Grand Floridian and if I were endowed with many points and had a choice, I would choose VGF. I will stay at Riviera at some point as I stay almost everywhere to get a feel for the resort, but so far, not enthused by the overall package.

Looking on the Chase portal, I found my Hyatt that I booked directly with Hyatt points. I weighed getting daughter to book it for me using her account, but a point transfer was still cheaper even then booking with her CSR at the 1.5. I regularly check the Chase portal for anything that might be a better deal for me, but haven't found anything yet. If the cost is close, I also weigh rewards if I do a cash out.

The Disney rooms when they had them were an exception, as no rewards program.

Last edited:
I have a question about the Chase Door “Dash Pass.” On my CSR, I already activated the free Dash Pass subscription. And used some of my Credit. But now I see the Door Dash promotions and want to activate the 2 free Dash Pass on my CSP. It says both the card holder and the AU (in older DD’s name) can get it. So do you think I can get a total of 3 free Dash Pass subscriptions? I was planning to have my younger DD load Door Dash and use my CSP on her phone. Do you think that would work? Can she put the Door Dash account in her name and enter my CSP and that would activate the free Dash Pass?

VGC/Walmart question. Sunday I stopped at a Walmart on my way home from hockey. It's not one I normally go to, in fact I've never gone to this one. She tried run the transaction 3 times. Then she says, wait are you trying to use a GC? That's not allowed anymore. WAHHHHHAT? Imagine the panic w/ $3600 in VGC I bought last week!

I passed another WM on the way home (my usual) so I ran into there. I used a different VCG and had her run only $200. It worked. Since then I went to a different WM (where I've gone a few times), and did $400. So I feel like I might be safe. But has ANYONE had this happen? I'm not sure WHY the VGC was not working at the first WM. I did the same thing I've always done, entered my pin, etc.

Nonetheless, I'm now in a race to get these $3600 cleared. And I'm holding off an buying anymore right now.

I've decided to go to the beach this weekend.

Tired of staying in and made a reservation at the Hyatt. Got a little twisted up making, canceling and remaking the reservation as I was trying to figure how to work some Marriott free nights into my visit, but Marriott had me blocked on the 35's, and I wasn't quite ready to drop my 50. (Charging 40k on the nights I wanted.) I may still get it if they reduce the cost as I've seen it happen over this summer. They are constantly reworking the points to follow occupancy, which is great strategy on their part.

They have a JW Marriott in Bonnet Creek that is 50K, and I was thinking I might drop in there for a night or two in January or February. So I stashed the 50k for a minute. That may be my first Florida trip. I've still got November nights that I don't want to let loose, but it's probably going to happen. Have considered renting my BWV SV reservation that starts Oct 31, but will probably just cancel as my points are not in trouble.

As far as the beach trip Air Forcer Thunderbirds will be performing and my balcony should put me centered on the action, and properly socially distanced. They will fly over the water in front of my hotel. There will be other flight demos also, so lots of noise. This program got itself rescheduled and I'm actually surprised it is happening. But, believe it or not, I will enjoy watching the action. The only thing better for me would be Blue.

And, Hyatt has a promo that will give me 25% of my points back.

As someone who was stationed at Nellis....I can totally do w/o ever seeing the thunderchickens again, LOL.

VGC/Walmart question. Sunday I stopped at a Walmart on my way home from hockey. It's not one I normally go to, in fact I've never gone to this one. She tried run the transaction 3 times. Then she says, wait are you trying to use a GC? That's not allowed anymore. WAHHHHHAT? Imagine the panic w/ $3600 in VGC I bought last week!

I passed another WM on the way home (my usual) so I ran into there. I used a different VCG and had her run only $200. It worked. Since then I went to a different WM (where I've gone a few times), and did $400. So I feel like I might be safe. But has ANYONE had this happen? I'm not sure WHY the VGC was not working at the first WM. I did the same thing I've always done, entered my pin, etc.

Nonetheless, I'm now in a race to get these $3600 cleared. And I'm holding off an buying anymore right now.

As someone who was stationed at Nellis....I can totally do w/o ever seeing the thunderchickens again, LOL.

Lol....I've seen them before but never heard that characterization.

I love the Blue Angels.

Are these VGCs from Staples? I’m having extensive issues loading my VGCs that I bought at Staples last week. All my VGCs from Kroger work fine, but I’ve only managed to get 2 Staples VGCs loaded of my $3000.

I liquidated $3,000 of the staples VGCs at various FD’s last week with no issues

Yeah, others aren’t having issues either, but I’ve tried 4 different WMs and at least as many cashiers. It’s only my Staples VGCs from the last two sales there. I don’t know what’s going on, but it doesn’t make sense that none of the staples ones will work yet I can turn around and immediately load a Kroger one. I’ve gotten a couple to work after calling in and resetting the PIN multiple times, but that’s it.

Yeah, others aren’t having issues either, but I’ve tried 4 different WMs and at least as many cashiers. It’s only my Staples VGCs from the last two sales there. I don’t know what’s going on, but it doesn’t make sense that none of the staples ones will work yet I can turn around and immediately load a Kroger one. I’ve gotten a couple to work after calling in and resetting the PIN multiple times, but that’s it.
How frustrating...Have you tried to use one to purchase something...groceries etc ?

How frustrating...Have you tried to use one to purchase something...groceries etc ?

Yup, and they’re all activated and work. It’s just something about loading those cards specifically. I can’t figure it out. And like one that I tried to load yesterday wouldn’t work and I tried changing the PIN again and then it worked today. It doesn’t make sense. I guess I’m just going to keep trying them.

So the SW voucher to points conversion is a good deal? Is the voucher $ to points conversion the same as going points to ticket $?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter