I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a Chase online account set up? If so, you want to send a secure message. Click on the three lines (hamburger) in the upper right and look towards the bottom for "secure messages". Tell them that you recently applied under another offer and would like to be matched to the current, public offer and explain the offer to them.
Thank you! I just sent the message but I’m not that hopeful. I also mentioned to them that I referred people after I got the card and they were offered the 75,000 offer and in fact I still have those links that I can send until Feb 18th and people can still get the 75,000 offer. I hope they say yes but if not it was worth a try. Thanks for the help!!

Think of it as practice for when you start having hot flashes and night sweats in 20-25 years. The room steward on our cruise looked at me a little weird when I wanted the King bed split into two twin beds. I told him if he could find me a fan and turn the ac down to 60 I was good sleeping next to another human being. He was from India and I don't think got a word of what I was trying to say.

The weird thing is when I'm awake I'm always cold as soon as I go to sleep my body turns into an inferno. Being a woman is awesome.
Oh my body has been ON FIRE lately. It just started about a week ago. I started turning the AC down to 72 each night (used to always be at 74) and Dh said it was freezing his nipples off :rotfl2: I'm sure he'll love that I'm sharing that on here. I'm standing by my computer right now in our kitchen and I literally just put my cheek on our granite counter because my face feels so hot. I might need to just get an ice pack to cool down lol.

Oh my body has been ON FIRE lately. It just started about a week ago. I started turning the AC down to 72 each night (used to always be at 74) and Dh said it was freezing his nipples off :rotfl2: I'm sure he'll love that I'm sharing that on here. I'm standing by my computer right now in our kitchen and I literally just put my cheek on our granite counter because my face feels so hot. I might need to just get an ice pack to cool down lol.
Please let your husband know that I am concerned for his nipples...

I'm sure the men on this board won't give us any likes, but maybe they'll be a little more sympathetic to what our bodies have to go through to grow a baby....and then not be able to grow a baby.

I recommend a buying a good fan. Air blowing over you is the best way to keep cool. In the meantime just stick your head in the freezer.

I'm sure the men on this board won't give us any likes, but maybe they'll be a little more sympathetic to what our bodies have to go through to grow a baby....and then not be able to grow a baby.

I recommend a buying a good fan. Air blowing over you is the best way to keep cool. In the meantime just stick your head in the freezer.
I got out an ice pack that I've been sticking my hands on because they're so warm. We sleep with a ceiling fan that runs on high every night.

Hey all,

new to the thread and thought id post for some advice to confirm my thinking on a new CC (or talk me out of it!). First we are Canadian so don't have access to the same cards on this thread but he philosophy is the same.....right!?......It might be better on the Canadian Board but Credit Card experts seem to be here!
'
We are looking strictly for a travel card.

Ok so background...Me/DW and two kids (7 and 5). Near perfect credit scores and only debt is Mortgage and 2 nearly paid off car loans. We have no other debts and haven't paid interest on a credit card in about 20 years!. We love credit cards....charge everything to them/collect points/pay off on pay day/repeat!

We have 2 credit cards right now. West Jet MC World Elite and Royal Bank Signature Black (US$ CC that replaced another US CC we had). We've had the WJ card for several years and got the Black card less than a year ago. The main reason we got the black card was that we were DVC owners and it was easier to pay dues with a US$ CC and Chequing account. We spent a lot of time in the USA so having a bank account and CC was a big convenience. We sold DVC this year and our plan is do more travelling outside North America now that kids are getting older.
The annual fee on our WJ card (and companion card) is waived by our bank. We pay 40$ US for our US chequing account and CC (about 55 Cdn/year)

We loved having a USD CC to avoid foreign transaction fees on US purchases. It made things simpler and saved us some money. We put about 3K US on our card last trip so that alone saved us about $150 is exchange fees. Plus came with insurance packages so when we rented cars etc it covered that. But the big thing is the simplicity and convenience!

We love our Westjet card and that will remain our #1 card. We will use this for everyday purchases and book all our flights that we can on Westjet (free checked bags and companion flight). We do travel outside Canada fairly often but only for vacation (no business trips). We usually spend anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks outside of Canada. Next year we have 6 weeks planned out of the country which includes Europe. In the coming years we want to do Japan, Greek Isles, South Pacific....so many places!

So now that we want to travel outside the US more we want to avoid those transaction fees as we use CC for most things on vacation (carry some cash but limited). We are looking at one of two Cards:
Scotia Bank Passport Visa and Rogers World Elite Mastercard

Roger: Master card charges 2.5% foreign transaction fees but gives 4% cash back on foreign purchases so net is 1.5% CB. 0$ annual fee and some minimal insurance coverage

Scotia Bank Passport Visa has a 139$ annual fee but has no Fx fees, rewards points that can give cash back (equal to about $180 on signup and about 0.75% after.). It also includes a more comprehensive insurance package and a free yearly subscription to Priority Lounge Access and 6 free airport lounge vouchers per year. Now the Lounge Passes are very intriguing. If it were 'free' we would definitely use them every year but otherwise we would never pay to go to the lounges so its a great perk but not a 'necessity'. But those passes alone are worth more than the annual fee! A supplementary card is free so Wife has her own card. Lastly (and a minor detail) is this card is a Visa so we would have one MC and one Visa. This can come in handy for places that only accept one. Ex) Costco in Canada accepts MC but Costco in the USA accepts Visa.

So anyway...thoughts? Is it worth paying an annual fee for a secondary card? Or just go with the No annual fee and cash back card?? If we get another card we plan on cancelling the US chequing account so that 'saves us about 55$/year that we would put towards another card.

Thanks!!

Hey all,

new to the thread and thought id post for some advice to confirm my thinking on a new CC (or talk me out of it!). First we are Canadian so don't have access to the same cards on this thread but he philosophy is the same.....right!?......It might be better on the Canadian Board but Credit Card experts seem to be here!
'
We are looking strictly for a travel card.

Ok so background...Me/DW and two kids (7 and 5). Near perfect credit scores and only debt is Mortgage and 2 nearly paid off car loans. We have no other debts and haven't paid interest on a credit card in about 20 years!. We love credit cards....charge everything to them/collect points/pay off on pay day/repeat!

We have 2 credit cards right now. West Jet MC World Elite and Royal Bank Signature Black (US$ CC that replaced another US CC we had). We've had the WJ card for several years and got the Black card less than a year ago. The main reason we got the black card was that we were DVC owners and it was easier to pay dues with a US$ CC and Chequing account. We spent a lot of time in the USA so having a bank account and CC was a big convenience. We sold DVC this year and our plan is do more travelling outside North America now that kids are getting older.
The annual fee on our WJ card (and companion card) is waived by our bank. We pay 40$ US for our US chequing account and CC (about 55 Cdn/year)

We loved having a USD CC to avoid foreign transaction fees on US purchases. It made things simpler and saved us some money. We put about 3K US on our card last trip so that alone saved us about $150 is exchange fees. Plus came with insurance packages so when we rented cars etc it covered that. But the big thing is the simplicity and convenience!

We love our Westjet card and that will remain our #1 card. We will use this for everyday purchases and book all our flights that we can on Westjet (free checked bags and companion flight). We do travel outside Canada fairly often but only for vacation (no business trips). We usually spend anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks outside of Canada. Next year we have 6 weeks planned out of the country which includes Europe. In the coming years we want to do Japan, Greek Isles, South Pacific....so many places!

So now that we want to travel outside the US more we want to avoid those transaction fees as we use CC for most things on vacation (carry some cash but limited). We are looking at one of two Cards:
Scotia Bank Passport Visa and Rogers World Elite Mastercard

Roger: Master card charges 2.5% foreign transaction fees but gives 4% cash back on foreign purchases so net is 1.5% CB. 0$ annual fee and some minimal insurance coverage

Scotia Bank Passport Visa has a 139$ annual fee but has no Fx fees, rewards points that can give cash back (equal to about $180 on signup and about 0.75% after.). It also includes a more comprehensive insurance package and a free yearly subscription to Priority Lounge Access and 6 free airport lounge vouchers per year. Now the Lounge Passes are very intriguing. If it were 'free' we would definitely use them every year but otherwise we would never pay to go to the lounges so its a great perk but not a 'necessity'. But those passes alone are worth more than the annual fee! A supplementary card is free so Wife has her own card. Lastly (and a minor detail) is this card is a Visa so we would have one MC and one Visa. This can come in handy for places that only accept one. Ex) Costco in Canada accepts MC but Costco in the USA accepts Visa.

So anyway...thoughts? Is it worth paying an annual fee for a secondary card? Or just go with the No annual fee and cash back card?? If we get another card we plan on cancelling the US chequing account so that 'saves us about 55$/year that we would put towards another card.

Thanks!!
So uhhhhhh this feels like a different language. I’m not sure anybody here knows anything about Canadian credit cards. Perhaps somebody will weigh in BUT I’d actually recommend the Reddit group “Churning Canada”:
https://www.reddit.com/r/churningcanada/
You might actually find it more beneficial to talk to folks there as our level of expertise on credit cards you can get is pretty minimal.

I got out an ice pack that I've been sticking my hands on because they're so warm. We sleep with a ceiling fan that runs on high every night.
At least you have a timeline for when your misery ends. I have no idea when mine ends, and do I really want it to.:scared: My husband asked me the other day if I needed to see a doctor.....um no I think this is perfectly normal for women in her late 40's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter