I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about posting something like this. Does anyone else think 2020 may be a total travel loss? Our next planned vacation is to Whistler B.C. in mid July. I think about the odds of that trip happening daily. So I’m curious as to what others are thinking, and your hopes in terms of when we may get back to traveling. Do you think September-December is possible? We’re postponing our Disneyland trip to December, but some days I wonder if that is even possible. Would love to hear your thoughts about your upcoming travels.
We are booked to go to Europe at the end of September & have not cancelled... yet. I think it's still too early to know.

We cancelled everything before that, though, including summer.

So for the non-technologically sophisticated here (meaning me), what exactly is this? I had read that the fabric part of the mask helps protect others from you, but to protect yourself from others, you need to insert something, such as a piece of flexible plastic, in a pouch. I haven't heard about using a filter.

High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter. Something like 99.5% effective at filtering down to 3 microns. High quality industrial (not medical) air filters. I'm not convinced you would see that level of filtration in a cloth mask with a pouch, because a lot of air will go around the filter, because the filter will add extra resistance. But, I'm convinced it's an improvement over a plain cloth mask.

Me too! I can’t stop crying today! I am an emotional wreck at the moment. I love teleworking but not so much with DS trying to do online school and driving me crazy and DH teleworking too. Not being able to escape the house. All of the canceled vacations and pretty sure my perfect 20th anniversary trip to return to Australia will be canceled for Aug. I am just over it!
That was me last Sunday, I cried at every little thing, all day long.

I am so glad I'm not the only one.

I stayed up all night finishing Downton Abbey and working on Himeji Castle. Husband I had planned to ride somewhere today to get out of the house.

Of course I was too tired when the time came so I just cried and went back to bed.

I was just thinking about posting something like this. Does anyone else think 2020 may be a total travel loss? Our next planned vacation is to Whistler B.C. in mid July. I think about the odds of that trip happening daily. So I’m curious as to what others are thinking, and your hopes in terms of when we may get back to traveling. Do you think September-December is possible? We’re postponing our Disneyland trip to December, but some days I wonder if that is even possible. Would love to hear your thoughts about your upcoming travels.

I'm supposed to go to WDW for F&W at the end of September. I don't think that trip will happen, nor will DH or I be comfortable being in a big crowd without a vaccine. We are supposed to go to Boston to see Aerosmith two weeks before, in early September. I don't think that is going to happen either. Big concert = big crowd.

I was supposed to host friends on July 4 weekend - folks coming in for a big concert stop in Cincinnati. I've written that off. I don't see tours happening this summer. Maybe I'm wrong.

we are keeping our traveling spirits up by talking about an Italy trip summer 2021. Today, I roughly distributed it 3 nights Venice, 6 nights Tuscany (2 of those in Florence), 6 nights Rome (maybe 2 out of Rome). We spent 3 weeks in Italy for our honeymoon and it just wasn’t enough but neither of us can take that time anymore. It would be for my sons HS graduation. Oh! And it would be our 20th anniversary. Just realized that.

For this summer, I don’t know how we will feel about planes or even hotels. I know we will stay domestic (it was our plan anyways) but comfort with flying will dictate. I had been getting excited about flying to Chicago, road tripping to New Orleans, flying home but I can’t even think about short term plans. We just need to get through the immediate situation.
We were planning to fly people to our house this summer, fly to Iowa in July, fly somewhere in the fall for a short vacation, and fly for Christmas. I honestly don’t know if any of these will happen. I haven’t given up complete hope on our japan trip for next year but we won’t be booking plane tickets in June like we’d planned. We may have to settle for a domestic trip next year. I want to get back to japan so bad but that’s not high on my list right now

@IFlossU we have a disney cruise booked for December, with flights and hotels too. My main concern is if it gets better with summer but flares again in fall. We love cruises but no way would I take one if this isn’t settled. The major problem is $1600+ is split onto two of our Arrival+ cards and I was going to cancel those in May/June. If I do how would I get that money back? I’d prefer to wait until fall to make a decision but I bet I could cancel now and get that same cruise back later if I wanted...the price could skyrocket though.

I'm supposed to go to WDW for F&W at the end of September. I don't think that trip will happen, nor will DH or I be comfortable being in a big crowd without a vaccine. We are supposed to go to Boston to see Aerosmith two weeks before, in early September. I don't think that is going to happen either. Big concert = big crowd.

I was supposed to host friends on July 4 weekend - folks coming in for a big concert stop in Cincinnati. I've written that off. I don't see tours happening this summer. Maybe I'm wrong.
We have a trip to WDW at the end of September as well. And then Hawaii in October. I’m cautiously optimistic about those trips, but have definitely put the planning for them on hold.
@IFlossU we have a disney cruise booked for December, with flights and hotels too. My main concern is if it gets better with summer but flares again in fall. We love cruises but no way would I take one if this isn’t settled. The major problem is $1600+ is split onto two of our Arrival+ cards and I was going to cancel those in May/June. If I do how would I get that money back? I’d prefer to wait until fall to make a decision but I bet I could cancel now and get that same cruise back later if I wanted...the price could skyrocket though.
This is a difficult position to be in. I LOVE cruises, I would be a bit hesitant too, but I wouldn’t want to cancel just yet either. I really hope you get to take the cruise

April 4th San Diego is now requiring facial coverings masks be worn by employees of . . .
Grocery Stores
Convenience Stores
Restaurants
Pharmacies
Gas Stations
I think it is great . I have family working in essential jobs . I hope the mask requirement it starts happening in other states as fast as the closure of non essential Businesses did . it's been 5 weeks now since March 9th but it's seems so much longer . They recommend that the General Public wear facial coverings too a mask . a bandana is sufficient at this time . I can only do my part and hope others will do it too . take care and stay well

Last edited:
April 4th San Diego is now requiring masks be worn by employees of . . .
Grocery Stores
Convenience Stores
Restaurants
Pharmacies
Gas Stations
I think it is great . I have family working in essential jobs . I hope the mask requirement starts happening in other states as fast as the closure of non essential Businesses did . it's been 5 weeks now since March 9th but it's seems so much longer . They recommend that the general public wear a mask too . a bandana is sufficient at this time . I can only do my part and hope others will do it too . take care and stay well

Maybe I missed something, but I keep hearing theres not enough masks for Doctors and nurses, but now they are going to require pretty much anyone still working in public facing capacities to wear one. Where are they going to get them at? And will that make it even harder to get for the medical fields?

Maybe I missed something, but I keep hearing theres not enough masks for Doctors and nurses, but now they are going to require pretty much anyone still working in public facing capacities to wear one. Where are they going to get them at? And will that make it even harder to get for the medical fields?
I’m assuming they can wear cloth ones. At least I’m hoping that’s what they expect

I really wish I had a sewing machine and knew how to sew right now. I can hand stitch stuff fine, but I don't think I can make masks. Kudos for those of you who can make your own!

My sewing machine and all my fabric and other supplies are in storage in another state. Packed it up before the pandemic, won't have access til mid May... I have terrible timing. :rotfl2: Also have some medical supplies, including masks, in that POD. :rolleyes:

For me it definitely is. My better half has cystic fibrosis and I care for my 80 year old mom with COPD. So I’ve come to terms with 2020 being a wrap on the travel front. I already canceled my solo July trip to the World, even if it’s open I just can’t risk it. We also had Labor Day plans for Quebec City that are canceled. I doubt I could get any time off work anyway at this point. Even though our next new hire class in May will likely be cancelled it’s still all hands on deck.

I am so glad I'm not the only one.

I stayed up all night finishing Downton Abbey and working on Himeji Castle. Husband I had planned to ride somewhere today to get out of the house.

Of course I was too tired when the time came so I just cried and went back to bed.

One thing I would like to share. We talked about this in therapy last night. We’re all collectively going through a mass trauma event. It’s ok to not be ok! It’s ok to grieve those carefully made plans, the events you looked forward to, etc. Give yourself permission to feel these things, accept the feelings as they come. It’s not a magic fix but it helps me when I feel overwhelmed by everything ever. I tend to beat myself up a lot. Telling myself it’s ok to not be ok helps those spells pass more easily.

The West Virginia county closest to Pittsburgh has said you now need a WV ID to buy liquor there (PA liquor stores are closed). They don't want all those Pennsylvanians bringing their germs in. Oops, I guess they are not the closest county, but the easiest to get to down the interstate.

With every passing day I am coming more and more to grips that our May30th trip is not going to work out. This is the first one trip to WDW we've told DD7 about ahead of time so not sure how I am going to break that news now. Got all the dinning we wanted, got our FP's setup on Tues morning for everything we wanted except the 30th was 99% distributed, Bugs life was the ONLY thing left. Going to be a complicated trip to move so going to have to call Disney and see what that process will entail. Going to sit on it for a few more weeks tho.

The West Virginia county closest to Pittsburgh has said you now need a WV ID to buy liquor there (PA liquor stores are closed). They don't want all those Pennsylvanians bringing their germs in. Oops, I guess they are not the closest county, but the easiest to get to down the interstate.

Haha. That’s us! Lol. I was going to post that Yinz need to stay away from us. 🤣🤣
It’s a big deal in a college town. We still have out of state students here. Dd is still working for the school paper and I know she was working on that story earlier. I was wondering how they would get the word out to people out of state.

Thank you for the question I looked further and found the answer.

I'll go back and edited my post. Below is a better explanation and it is not from a Broadcast like was posted above.

San Diego, CA . . . it is required for businesses that interact with the public to use cloth face coverings for their employees starting Saturday April 4th that includes Grocery Stores, Pharmacies, Gas Stations and Restaurants and Convenient Stores

The general public will not be required to wear facial coverings but will be urged to do so when out in public for essential activities, according to the new order.

Medical-grade masks should not be used but homemade masks, bandanas, scarves are acceptable since the items can be washed and reused.

Businesses that remain open will also be mandated to set physical distancing and hygiene procedures and post the guidance at the entrance to their business by Tuesday.

Sorry for my incomplete statement earlier . There are several articles on the subject and some offer a better explanation. Take care and stay well

Last edited:
If he’s gonna be an engineer I’ll throw some paper towel rolls, string, and paper clips at him and see what he can make 😂
This is my DD 6. She has always loved Legos and recently declared she wants to be an engineer. When she wants to do her engineering, she pulls out her box of actual trash (candy wrappers, plastic bags, etc.) and builds with them, plus her craft materials, instead of her Legos! Yesterday she fashioned a parachute for her toy out of a plastic bag, string, and duct tape. I'm proud but now also have to tell her things like, "no, you can't have the empty bag from the frozen corn we had for dinner. Let's find you something else to use!"

At first I was pretty disturbed that she was saving old candy wrappers. But now I've decided that it's creative, and anything that keeps her entertained safely works for me right now.

We cancelled our August trip :( It was free (no $ to redeposit miles) and Hilton/Hyatt were easy too. We will go up via car when GMILs memorial is and length of stay will depend on how the world is at that point. I’m sad but I couldn’t pass up free cancellation plus this trip had a lot of crowded spaces (hershey, aquarium, zoo, beach) and I don’t think *we* (as in our family) will be ready for that or flying by August.

Is anyone holding off booking 2021 trips? I was thinking we may travel more that year with these extra miles now but feel too unsettled to consider booking.

I'm afraid to plan anything! 😢

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter