I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my body has been ON FIRE lately. It just started about a week ago. I started turning the AC down to 72 each night (used to always be at 74) and Dh said it was freezing his nipples off :rotfl2: I'm sure he'll love that I'm sharing that on here. I'm standing by my computer right now in our kitchen and I literally just put my cheek on our granite counter because my face feels so hot. I might need to just get an ice pack to cool down lol.

Down to 72?? lol Oh my. My friends make fun of me for keeping my house too warm, but I think I would die at 72 at night. 72 during day is fine but I think we go 65 at night. DH is a furnace. Though I do sometimes feel bad for the kids lol. They don't have a living heater in their beds. They always complain about being cold at night.

Went in to Target to let the Littles choose their candy heart and came home with Reese's Eggs! Target was all out of Valentine hearts and most everything else valentine, but I got my peanut butter eggs so all is good.

I usually get the kids a little something, but other than that we don't really do Valentine's day. Two years ago we somehow started a new tradition when I forgot to get them something and just took them to pick it out. Now they insist each year.

oh geez. I know our anniversary date and that is it. I think DH remembers the date we got engaged, but I havent a clue. Sometime in April close to Easter. I got a carrot (carat) for Easter. :rotfl2: Though it wasn't actually on Easter, but that is how I remember the month. lol
After only dating for like 5 months we went to San Fransisco for the weekend and decided to go to the Court to get married, but the Court was full or closed..... I can't remember, maybe I had too much drink.:drinking1 Long story short we ended up getting married 7 months later in Newport Beach. My parents paid for a big wedding. We've been married 26 years.

Down to 72?? lol Oh my. My friends make fun of me for keeping my house too warm, but I think I would die at 72 at night. 72 during day is fine but I think we go 65 at night. DH is a furnace. Though I do sometimes feel bad for the kids lol. They don't have a living heater in their beds. They always complain about being cold at night.
Omg I would freeze if it was 65 in our house. To be fair, it’s been warm out so 72 feels pretty darn cold compared to the outside air

I live in the 'forgotten time zone'. Not sure if they still do it but years ago, The Weather Channel and news channels would show, at the bottom of the screen, the time in each time zone. Except they would skip MST! Like no one lived in that area lol!

It is the forgotten time zone, the mysterious time zone, and the time zone that requires math! It is funny how it is never really acknowledged.

Sad but true but I usually give the girls for Valentine’s Day the gifts I either over bought for Christmas and did not give to them at all OR gifts that they did get and did not play with or open right away so then I took and put away. Regifting at its finest.

DH and I don’t really exchange. Although this year for Christmas I finally got one of the Mickey waffle makers and then did not end up giving it to him/family gift. Sounds like the perfect Valentine’s Day gift...or if not perfect then good enough. :)

[/QUOTE="Haley R, post: 61558017, member: 608575"]
Omg I would freeze if it was 65 in our house. To be fair, it’s been warm out so 72 feels pretty darn cold compared to the outside air
[/QUOTE]
In the summer we keep it warmer. So I guess it’s like you are in summer. Lol I would never have our air conditioner lower than 74. But now I am sleeping by the time it gets that cold (if it actually does) and we have it set to warm back up before we get out of bed. I am not getting out of bed at 65. No way.

I have a friend that 65 is her warm temperature and she sometimes turns the air on in winter to make it colder. Like in the 50s at night. I wear extra sweaters over to her house lol

Last edited:
Hey all,

new to the thread and thought id post for some advice to confirm my thinking on a new CC (or talk me out of it!). First we are Canadian so don't have access to the same cards on this thread but he philosophy is the same.....right!?......It might be better on the Canadian Board but Credit Card experts seem to be here!
'
We are looking strictly for a travel card.

Ok so background...Me/DW and two kids (7 and 5). Near perfect credit scores and only debt is Mortgage and 2 nearly paid off car loans. We have no other debts and haven't paid interest on a credit card in about 20 years!. We love credit cards....charge everything to them/collect points/pay off on pay day/repeat!

We have 2 credit cards right now. West Jet MC World Elite and Royal Bank Signature Black (US$ CC that replaced another US CC we had). We've had the WJ card for several years and got the Black card less than a year ago. The main reason we got the black card was that we were DVC owners and it was easier to pay dues with a US$ CC and Chequing account. We spent a lot of time in the USA so having a bank account and CC was a big convenience. We sold DVC this year and our plan is do more travelling outside North America now that kids are getting older.
The annual fee on our WJ card (and companion card) is waived by our bank. We pay 40$ US for our US chequing account and CC (about 55 Cdn/year)

We loved having a USD CC to avoid foreign transaction fees on US purchases. It made things simpler and saved us some money. We put about 3K US on our card last trip so that alone saved us about $150 is exchange fees. Plus came with insurance packages so when we rented cars etc it covered that. But the big thing is the simplicity and convenience!

We love our Westjet card and that will remain our #1 card. We will use this for everyday purchases and book all our flights that we can on Westjet (free checked bags and companion flight). We do travel outside Canada fairly often but only for vacation (no business trips). We usually spend anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks outside of Canada. Next year we have 6 weeks planned out of the country which includes Europe. In the coming years we want to do Japan, Greek Isles, South Pacific....so many places!

So now that we want to travel outside the US more we want to avoid those transaction fees as we use CC for most things on vacation (carry some cash but limited). We are looking at one of two Cards:
Scotia Bank Passport Visa and Rogers World Elite Mastercard

Roger: Master card charges 2.5% foreign transaction fees but gives 4% cash back on foreign purchases so net is 1.5% CB. 0$ annual fee and some minimal insurance coverage

Scotia Bank Passport Visa has a 139$ annual fee but has no Fx fees, rewards points that can give cash back (equal to about $180 on signup and about 0.75% after.). It also includes a more comprehensive insurance package and a free yearly subscription to Priority Lounge Access and 6 free airport lounge vouchers per year. Now the Lounge Passes are very intriguing. If it were 'free' we would definitely use them every year but otherwise we would never pay to go to the lounges so its a great perk but not a 'necessity'. But those passes alone are worth more than the annual fee! A supplementary card is free so Wife has her own card. Lastly (and a minor detail) is this card is a Visa so we would have one MC and one Visa. This can come in handy for places that only accept one. Ex) Costco in Canada accepts MC but Costco in the USA accepts Visa.

So anyway...thoughts? Is it worth paying an annual fee for a secondary card? Or just go with the No annual fee and cash back card?? If we get another card we plan on cancelling the US chequing account so that 'saves us about 55$/year that we would put towards another card.

Thanks!!

Welcome!! I'm absolutely no help here, but I can page @*WDW*Groupie* who is doing the Canadian credit card scene and might be able to point you in the right direction :) Probably about the only thing useful I can contribute. :laughing:

@wdwgr

In the summer we keep it warmer. So I guess it’s like you are in summer. Lol I would never have our air conditioner lower than 74. But now I am sleeping by the time it gets that cold (if it actually does) and we have it set to warm back up before we get out of bed. I am not getting out of bed at 65. No way.

I have a friend that 65 is her warm temperature and she sometimes turns the air on in winter to make it colder. Like in the 50s at night. I wear extra sweaters over to her house lol
Omg I would die lol. In the summer we have the AC set to like 78-80 during the day and 74-76 at night.

Omg I would die lol. In the summer we have the AC set to like 78-80 during the day and 74-76 at night.
My dh would be one big puddle of sweat lol! He likes it at 72 all summer. I sleep with an electric blanket, even in the summer!

My dh would be one big puddle of sweat lol! He likes it at 72 all summer. I sleep with an electric blanket, even in the summer!
put-me-in-bmw5yb.jpg

I just asked DH and between the two of us we were able to narrow down our engagement to late July or early Aug. :rotfl2:Guess we'll just stick with one anniversary per year. This July 14th will be our 20th!! :love:
We are 6 days before you for 20 years. But got engaged on 12/27/98. I remember being upset that DH didn’t get me anything for Christmas but then we went out 2 days later for his parent’s anniversary but it was really our proposal night. DH had his sister scope out restaurants and it was beautifu.

What is MSR?

I applied for the SWA card in October. It was the get 40k then if you spend 12,000 get another 20,000.So a max of 60,000. So then shortly after that they offer the 40,000 plus get another 35,000 and you only had to spend 5,000. Ugh.
My husband says I should just ask them for the newer offer is there a way to do that?? I’m trying for the companion pass and I could really use that extra 15,000!!! Thanks for any info!!
MSR = Minimum Spend Requirement

It never hurts to send a secure message and asked to be matched to the current offer. The only thing Chase can say is no and if you don’t the answer is automatically no.

Our anniversary is at the beginning of March so it’s too much to celebrate both. We usually do some kind of trip and say it’s to celebrate both. Our one night stay at POR at the end of February is our “present”. I’m just hoping the weather cooperates
My husbands birthday is in early March. We usually go to Disney around his birthday so I always say I am celebrating mine then too, since we never go during my birthday month.

Our house is set at 68 but that’s for heating not cooling! We don’t have central air so in the summer we just use a/c in our bedroom window. I have no idea what temp it’s set at, I let my husband set it, he is too miserable if I touch it. 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!