I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of questions for CSR experts.... I am in thr process of trying to decide which card to keep in the house,me or DH.... here's the rundown
1) Dh has Dec. statement date is 11/17-12/17- that means he gets a Travel Credit on Nov. 17 to use within a month,and then again he gets another TC on 12/18 to use for 'through 2018'? (assuming he keeps card,and pays AF again,which would be due before 12/17/17?)
2) mine was opened 1/10/17that makes my statement date for new TC for 2018 anytime after 12/10/2017? looking at it this way, does it make more sense to keep DH's CSR,not mine,since he gets 2 per year in that sweet spot? while mine only gets one TC date? per year I mean. It *appears* that under current rules, DH's signup time is ideal for double dip on the TC,and I have travel planned that I have to purchase on Dec 9, Dec 19,and then again in April 2018.....I am currently wracking my brain with this decision

A couple of questions for CSR experts.... I am in thr process of trying to decide which card to keep in the house,me or DH.... here's the rundown
1) Dh has Dec. statement date is 11/17-12/17- that means he gets a Travel Credit on Nov. 17 to use within a month,and then again he gets another TC on 12/18 to use for 'through 2018'? (assuming he keeps card,and pays AF again,which would be due before 12/17/17?)
2) mine was opened 1/10/17that makes my statement date for new TC for 2018 anytime after 12/10/2017? looking at it this way, does it make more sense to keep DH's CSR,not mine,since he gets 2 per year in that sweet spot? while mine only gets one TC date? per year I mean. It *appears* that under current rules, DH's signup time is ideal for double dip on the TC,and I have travel planned that I have to purchase on Dec 9, Dec 19,and then again in April 2018.....I am currently wracking my brain with this decision
You only get 2 TC the first year, then every 12 months after that. Double dipping would be getting those 2 credits the first year & cancelling before another AF hits.

You only get 2 TC the first year, then every 12 months after that. Double dipping would be getting those 2 credits the first year & cancelling before another AF hits.
Please explain this to me..... I am dense,and can't figure out how it works! I keep searching for some article explaining exactly the TC and 2nd year use....wouldn't it reset at anniversary of statement date,and then work again in 2018 too for Dh card?

I've gotten an offer for the Delta Skymiles Amex. Offer is for 70K bonus miles and 10K Medallion Qualification Miles after $4000 spend in 4 months. Annual fee is $195. Also receive a domestic main cabin companion certificate each year upon renewal of card, priority boarding and first check bag free. 7 miles per dollar spent on Delta flights purchased directly with Delta on the card. We do that we fly Delta most frequently due to the airport we utilize most and they usually have the best schedule options for us. So, this seems like it might be worthwhile for us. Now, I did just get an AmEx Platinum with a 100K mile offer and I've met the minimum spend on it and waiting for the points to appear. It looks like I can transfer those points directly to Delta as well to book. Thoughts? Would having the AmEx Platinum prevent me from getting this one? If so, I guess I could get my husband to apply for this one. I am going to be booking two tickets to Orlando in January and the prices are terrible right now, so some more points would help with that.

So what's the deal with the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard 65,000 bonus miles invitation codes that everyone seems to be after? We don't fly American.

Just got 30 day message for SW card :(
All hopes of CP dashed
The 30 days message doesn't mean it's denied, just that it's under review. Keep calling the automated status line. If it changes to 7-10 days, then you know you're likely denied. I would call a human right away if it's a personal app, to see if they'll push it through over the phone.

Question - I haven't applied for cc since the 90's, but have an old Chase Saphire with 0 balance. Will having that card hurt me when applying for the (2) SW cards? Thanks.

The 30 days message doesn't mean it's denied, just that it's under review. Keep calling the automated status line. If it changes to 7-10 days, then you know you're likely denied. I would call a human right away if it's a personal app, to see if they'll push it through over the phone.
Its DHs. I was hoping to apply for both Plus & Premier in one day. It's likely related to credit line. He has CSR & CSP, both with large limits.

Just got 30 day message for SW card :(
All hopes of CP dashed

@peel is correct. 30 days is not an automatic denial unless you called the automated line and got the 7-10 days message. And even then, the bonus is based on when you applied, so if the reason you were denied (if you were) was for the 2/30 rule or just a matter of a recon call, as long as you recon successfully within 29 days of the app since that is when the app expires in Chase's system, which went in before 6/29 (the supposed SW 60K bonus expiration), then you still qualify for the bonus.

Its DHs. I was hoping to apply for both Plus & Premier in one day. It's likely related to credit line. He has CSR & CSP, both with large limits.
Have him call ASAP. He can still get approved today and apply for the second. I've seen tons of DPs of people doing the same thing.

Please explain this to me..... I am dense,and can't figure out how it works! I keep searching for some article explaining exactly the TC and 2nd year use....wouldn't it reset at anniversary of statement date,and then work again in 2018 too for Dh card?
I applied in Oct 2016, got the credit right away for 2016. It reset in December, used it. This is essentially the 2017 credit. It will reset again in December, for the 2018 credit.
The way to get ahead would be to cancel before October this year without paying another AF. Thus I would have 1 AF, 2 credits. (2016 AF, credits for 2016 & 2017). Chase has since changed this.

Have him call ASAP. He can still get approved today and apply for the second. I've seen tons of DPs of people doing the same thing.
He can't really call from work. Last time he called (at home) he was on the line with Chase for 30 minutes. Can he call, or think that will be too late?

I applied in Oct 2016, got the credit right away for 2016. It reset in December, used it. This is essentially the 2017 credit. It will reset again in December, for the 2018 credit.
The way to get ahead would be to cancel before October this year without paying another AF. Thus I would have 1 AF, 2 credits. (2016 AF, credits for 2016 & 2017). Chase has since changed this.
So when is the cutoff for cancelling? could you use the new TC on your date,and then cancel? So the new TC DH gets will be technically for what year? or is calculated by calendar year now? technically he used the 2016 and 2017 already. and I used the 2017 TC on mine.

He can't really call from work. Last time he called (at home) he was on the line with Chase for 30 minutes. Can he call, or think that will be too late?
Oh, I see. I don't know how late he would be able to call and still leave time for a second call if he got the 30 day message on the second app, too.

So when is the cutoff for cancelling? could you use the new TC on your date,and then cancel? So the new TC DH gets will be technically for what year? or is calculated by calendar year now? technically he used the 2016 and 2017 already. and I used the 2017 TC on mine.

The travel credit should come with the December statement now, I believe. So for your husband's card, his AF should hit in December and your next TC should be available in December. Not sure if you use the TC if they will let you cancel right after and get a refund of the AF.

Edited because dates were wrong.

So what's the deal with the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard 65,000 bonus miles invitation codes that everyone seems to be after? We don't fly American.

I'm curious about this too, because I've been getting this offer every week in the mail. I've never flown American, and have never had a Citi card lol.

You're running yourself in circles! I'll try to help as well :) It doesn't matter when your anniversary is (unless you applied after May 2017 which you didn't), the travel credit resets at the end of the Dec statement cycle which for him will be Dec 17. You hopefully already got your double dip, or you're out of luck at this point. Your DH had the 2016 travel credit valid until approx Dec 17, 2016 and then he received the 2017 travel credit. Therefore the travel credit is tied to the mid-Dec statement close and not to when you pay the annual fee.

YOU are the one who has the double dip POTENTIAL left. You get your 2018 travel credit mid Dec & could use it and then cancel the card before the annual fee hits in Jan.

Oh, I see. I don't know how late he would be able to call and still leave time for a second call if he got the 30 day message on the second app, too.
If he had to call twice in one day his head might explode. Lol.
I will email him, he may get a chance at lunch though many days he doesn't get time for lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter