I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations!

pixiedust::cheer2:party::cheer2:pixiedust:

That 125k Hilton Biz has only a $3k MSR, right? Should be easy peazy. I was looking over my wife’s Hilton Biz statement this week. Her 125k bonus already posted, but I noticed she was actually short of the $5k MSR by about $60 if I counted refunds, credits, and the annual fee. Her MSR deadline is this weekend, so I’m glad I caught it and have been putting a bunch of miscellaneous spend on her Hilton Biz all week.

Meanwhile, I have about $5k left on my Biz Plat, $3,5k left on my SPG Lux, and $3k on my wife’s newly approved CIU. I’m deep in MSRs with you.

I swear I’m going to cool off after the CIU, put more organic spend across our Amex cards and be good, profitable Amex customers, then hit Chase again early next year when I’m under 5/24 again. That’s the plan, at least. But then again, there’s the CIC calling my wife in 3 months, and the BGR and BBP in my sights.

I’m with ya. Remember how we’ve been tracking 1:1 on these cards since Feb? Well, my DH got the CIP about a week and a half ago and your DW the CIC. Now we have another Hilton Biz, so how are you matching that to keep the streak going?? :P

But the UR room with breakfast is refundable. I did a quick search for random dates in April 2019 and the refundable with breakfast is about 4K more points than non refundable. I’d book the refundable with breakfast if your dates have similar pricing. Essentially you’re paying 4K for refundable and getting free breakfast.

You can always do a statement credit for AirBNB cost
I just checked to see if we could do that and all of the rooms I see that are refundable are either a suite or a select room. The cheapest is 113K points compared to the 80K our room would cost.

The only thing I don't like about doing the statement credit is it's 1:1 instead of the 1.5x we get with our CSR. I'm thinking we will probably just book through Hilton and maybe save the URs for something else. I just don't know what it would be.

I just checked to see if we could do that and all of the rooms I see that are refundable are either a suite or a select room. The cheapest is 113K points compared to the 80K our room would cost.

The only thing I don't like about doing the statement credit is it's 1:1 instead of the 1.5x we get with our CSR. I'm thinking we will probably just book through Hilton and maybe save the URs for something else. I just don't know what it would be.

Now that Disney is potentially off the table for URs I’m trying to think of things to use URs for too. I was thinking of universal or transferring to Hyatt and trying out one of the Hyatt all inclusives in Mexico or Jamaica.

I’m with ya. Remember how we’ve been tracking 1:1 on these cards since Feb? Well, my DH got the CIP about a week and a half ago and your DW the CIC. Now we have another Hilton Biz, so how are you matching that to keep the streak going?? :P

I don’t think we’ll be hitting the rest of the Hilton (personal) cards until next year, when my wife and I are done with Chase and I’ve freed up some Amex credit card slots. LOL. But I definitely think we’ve been chasing similar goals of building up UR, MR, SPG/Marriott, and Hilton stashes.

Now that Disney is potentially off the table for URs I’m trying to think of things to use URs for too. I was thinking of universal or transferring to Hyatt and trying out one of the Hyatt all inclusives in Mexico or Jamaica.
See this Japan trip is really going to be our last trip in quite awhile because Dh and I will probably start focusing on starting a family so these points really are all for Japan. Maybe it's better to get the Hilton points and just do statement credits for our AirBnBs. I know we would lose the value of the CSR, but I think that would be the best way to make sure the points actually get used up.

Nope, I didn't. Darn...

The problem with the UR booking is it's non-refundable. So I either book it and don't worry about Hilton or book with Hilton and start earning points.

I guess Dh and I are wondering what we would use our URs on if we don't use them for the Hilton. We aren't able to use them for AirBnB right? I'm pretty sure the rest of our trip will be spent in AirBnBs.

You use them for your december vacay or you save them for a yet to be determined vacation so you aren't stressing and playing catch up to get the points together.

If it was me I'd do the hilton card for the added benefits if I knew I could make the msr and save the ur for the next trip.

You're right that it is YMMV. At my closest WM, the card machine thing faces the customer so the cashier never sees what card I'm using and doesn't ask to see it. On my evening trip yesterday I did 4 swipes (3 vgc), using my Discover debit for the 4th swipe to cover the fees. I had no idea I could do this until the cashier in the morning told me I could lol. Do they know I'm using a vgc? I'm guessing not since I got past the manager last night! So really, a ymmv situation.

Quoting myself, because I learned tonight exactly how YMMV this is. I went back to the same WM tonight and no longer can do what I did yesterday. :sad:

I swear I’m going to cool off after the CIU, put more organic spend across our Amex cards and be good, profitable Amex customers, then hit Chase again early next year when I’m under 5/24 again. That’s the plan, at least. But then again, there’s the CIC calling my wife in 3 months, and the BGR and BBP in my sights.

This is what I keep saying...after this card, I'm going to take a break and just use the cards I have and put spend on them to keep the banks happy. And then y'all talk me into a new card! Every stinking time :confused3 Either that or I have a severe addiction and need an intervention :rotfl:

Already this Hilton chatter from today has my ears perked up...I've still got over 1k on the Marriott biz and I've not touched the plat (I can't even remember off the top of my head *what* I need to spend on that card:confused:). Hopefully it's 5k and not 10k but I really hope it's 3k...

Do you think my Walgreen's isn't pending b/c I just bought the DGC w/o an accompanying item?

I'm sorry :( I think yours just didn't track. I've have a few do that. I only add a filler item about every 1 in 4 times, and that seems to have no bearing on whether it tracks or not.

I seem to recall someone here a ways back who got multiple credit pulls for one car loan..... and I'm trying to remember the upshot of that- did it count against the 5/24 rule? like 5 pulls for one loan:-)mad:) on Creditkarma transunion but showing only 2 on equifax. will this mess with cc plans? till the '24' runs out?

Pulls don't count with the Chase 5/24. Multiple pulls for a car loan should only count once on the credit report if pulled within a few days, maybe a couple weeks, of each other.

So you recommend the Visa gift cards in the black package not vanilla. I want to try this - I live in stop and shop land but it makes me so nervous!!!

I look for Meta Bank on the back which have been in the black package.

Curious as well...

This is what I keep saying...after this card, I'm going to take a break and just use the cards I have and put spend on them to keep the banks happy. And then y'all talk me into a new card! Every stinking time :confused3 Either that or I have a severe addiction and need an intervention :rotfl:

Already this Hilton chatter from today has my ears perked up...I've still got over 1k on the Marriott biz and I've not touched the plat (I can't even remember off the top of my head *what* I need to spend on that card:confused:). Hopefully it's 5k and not 10k but I really hope it's 3k...

If you got the same 100K offer I did, it's 5K. Or at least mine is. I believe it's the Biz Plat that is 10K.

I don’t know captain kangaroo. How could people not like mister Rogers? He had a trolley!
Yeah, Cap Kangaroo was lesser known...and I grew up in SUPER small town TX...so maybe he wasn't even national. I just know I watched them both every morning (back before every kid had to do preschool lol). I wasn't allowed much tv so I got to watch those two shows and that was it for the day unless it was Sunday, and then I got to watch the Disney movie that came on that night. I'm so dating myself with this post :D

I don't know how someone could not like Mister Rogers!?! I'm sure someone could find a reason but he brought light and goodness into children's lives, and only tried to be a good role model. I thought he was great.

Lol, loved Garfield Goose, Captain Kangaroo and Mister Rogers made me want to go outside and play until Bozo came on. I think I preferred the mischief and banter on Garfield and Bozo.

I added another RMN account with a different Paypal account. It sounds like it's ok to link both to the app on my phone.? I just have to logoff, but that doesn't matter as far as getting the cashback correct since it is only based/tracked by the cc you use?

So, still comparing cards and I happen be reading information about the Savor card and read that it excludes Walmart for the 2% payout. Is this common? I know with our Chase Disney Visa we get the 2% at Walmart. Just wondering how you know what each card considers “okay” for the various categories? We live in a rural area and Walmart and one other grocer are pretty much our only options.

Also, just wondering how much travel 80,000 chase ultimate points will give you? At Hilton, that might equate to one night, but at Marriott, it could potentially cover a week, and I have no clue at all how points work for airfare. I tried to look on the chase site since I have other chase cards, but I only saw a number to call, so not sure I’m going to the right place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter