I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point my plan is to fly to from EWR to HNL on United, business class, stopping at LAX on the way there and back. This would be July or the month of August (I wish it could be 2018 but I'm sure it will have to be 2019). I'd do a stop for 4 days on both ends in LAX (Disneyland and other destinations), with 7 nights in Hawaii.

I wish I could do a search to see what a Business class reward ticket would be, but since I don't have a United credit card they won't show me. Does anyone think I could get one ticket for 100k miles? I'm hoping it's not 200k since it's multi destination. The goal is to buy two tickets and use miles for the other two. I wonder how long it would take to save that up if I strategically open the right Chase accounts. I don't think AMEX points will help me for United.

Anyone have any input? Thanks! :)

You'll probably be better off looking at them as two separate tickets. You have your EWR to LAX round trip and your LAX to HNL round trip. Doing them this way doesn't force you into just using United for any of the flights. For that matter you could look into the EWR to/from LAX as one ways and use SNA or Long Beach for one or both of the flights depending on where you are staying. LAX to HNL should give you more options aside from just United, though I'm not sure Hawaiian flies nonstop from LAX I can't imagine there's only one airline that flies non stop to HNL from LA since I'm pretty sure I have at least 2-3 options to Hawaii from Seattle.

yay , finally go the 1000 pts for Marriott and NFL tweet, but still didn't get the daily 50, anyone want to post what a tweet should look like for that one, please

At this point my plan is to fly to from EWR to HNL on United, business class, stopping at LAX on the way there and back. This would be July or the month of August (I wish it could be 2018 but I'm sure it will have to be 2019). I'd do a stop for 4 days on both ends in LAX (Disneyland and other destinations), with 7 nights in Hawaii.

I wish I could do a search to see what a Business class reward ticket would be, but since I don't have a United credit card they won't show me. Does anyone think I could get one ticket for 100k miles? I'm hoping it's not 200k since it's multi destination. The goal is to buy two tickets and use miles for the other two. I wonder how long it would take to save that up if I strategically open the right Chase accounts. I don't think AMEX points will help me for United.

I was just doing research on United so I checked for you and there isn't any business class reward tickets for any time during the summer. There is the new chart beginning Nov. 1: http://mileageplusupdates.com/images/United-Award-Chart.pdf
If you find some it would be 40/50K each way. From what I've read United doesn't offer stopovers.
You could use Korean Air but that take more work. https://millionmilesecrets.com/2016/12/30/you-can-now-book-korean-air-skyteam-partners-online/

awardhacker suggest
KE @ 45k J class. DL award ticket (No LAX stopover shown)
SQ @ 60k J class. UA/AC/CA/NH award ticket
AF @ 60k J class. AS/DL award Ticket. (No LAX stopover shown)
UA @ 80k J class. UA metal.

I still never got the daily Marriott points. It's only 50. But I think that is strange. Glad I got the 1000!

I was out of town most of the day yesterday and totally forgot to check in here about the 1000 Marriott point tweet. Grrr.

Daily manual tweeting is still working for me 50 points though.

Thanks for the replies on my goal for Business class ewr - LAX - Hnl round trip flight. I thought it was going to be as simple as banking as many miles for United as possible and using those for 2 Bus class tickets but it looks like it won't be that simple. Gah! This is why they tell you not to move any points into mileage programs until the last minute (advice I actually followed!). So I guess I hedge my bets and accumulate miles with both Chase and Amex and see what happens?

No. I applied for the no-fee card last year through a referral that got me the $200 gift card. That gift card was received, loaded to the gift card site, and spent many months ago.

I just applied and was approved for the Disney Premier card earlier this month (around the 6th, I think). I received the card a few days later, met the spend in one day (purchased $500 Disney gift card), and my statement closed yesterday.

This recent card is a "Disney Premier" according to the offer I was responding to when I applied, the card itself (says "Premier" under "Disney" on the front), and the literature that came with the card. It's a completely different account number than my no-fee card from last year (which is still open). I have also SMed Chase to make sure I will get the $200 gift card, and they assured me that I would, and referred to the card as my "Disney Premier" Visa.

On my Chase accounts page, the card is called a "Disney Rewards" Visa, and this is what is printed on the statement pdf as well. I'm not sure why that is, probably just a peculiarity that means nothing.

At this point, I'm thinking they just held off on posting the AF until the next statement. And after thinking it through and talking to some other folks, I'm not going to downgrade or cancel the card. I'll pay the fee (assuming they ever post it) and keep it through the year. I've got 10 Disney Rewards points on it now, so maybe I can get 10 more out of it over the year and then redeem my card and cancel/downgrade before the AF rolls around again.

You know, I just went and looked. DH and I each got the Premier in June. I just went through all our transactions, and neither of us were charged the annual fee. Very strange.

Edited to add we were charged, immediately, is just didn't show up when I listed all transactions. I found it in my quicken.

Last edited:
Can someone check their amex account and see if it is weird this morning. My DH's account is not showing any offers except 4 amer express branded ones and has 0 added to the card when I know I have 10+ added to the card. I was just logging in to see if our Hilton offer reward credited and read the fine print on a walmart grocery offer so I could place that order. I know they didn't expire yet. Weird! Glitch maybe?

Can someone check their amex account and see if it is weird this morning. My DH's account is not showing any offers except 4 amer express branded ones and has 0 added to the card when I know I have 10+ added to the card. I was just logging in to see if our Hilton offer reward credited and read the fine print on a walmart grocery offer so I could place that order. I know they didn't expire yet. Weird! Glitch maybe?

Here is a screen shot...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 8.56.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 8.56.14 AM.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 7
I was originally in as a Ritz Carlton member and that confused it all from the get go basically.

I think I'm having the same problem since I started out as a Ritz Carlton member but switched to Marriott years ago. Have you gotten yours fixed?

I think their site is glitchy. I've had this happen before. Check later and I'll bet your Amex offers are back. Mine were there this morning...with a new one from Pier One.

Mine was doing that this morning. I was trying to make sure the etsy offer was still good. It showed up a little later in the morning.

If I had to choose flying business there or back, I think I'd choose back just to give us something to look forward to. The return is always less exciting than the flight going out.
That was my original thought, we will be exhausted after 3 weeks of travel and it would be nice to travel back comfortably, also the flight back is longer. The only thing that's changing my mind is the United Excursionist flight, if we fly in business on our flrst leg we could fly business on the free middle leg flight, that's 2 business flights for the price of one.

I can't get the Marriott 50 points to post. I've manually posted several times in the last 48 hours, did get the 1,000 from yesterday.

I can't get the Marriott 50 points to post. I've manually posted several times in the last 48 hours, did get the 1,000 from yesterday.

I can’t get the 50 points today and I’m looking through the hashtag and Marriott isn’t replying to any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter