I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same issue not getting 50 Marriott points. Manually tweeted multiple different tries. Yesterday and today. I did get the 1000 pats yesterday.

I can’t get the 50 points today and I’m looking through the hashtag and Marriott isn’t replying to any of them.

Also have not gotten todays 50 points through Marriott. Worked without issue the rest of the weekend.

I haven't been able to get the 50 points today either. Posted 3 times today.

Same issue not getting 50 Marriott points. Manually tweeted multiple different tries. Yesterday and today. I did get the 1000 pats yesterday.

it was originally announced last week that the were discontinuing the 50 points a day in favor of other programs(my guess is like the NFL thingy). I was kinda surprised on how long it lasted haha. I tried tweeting this morning and i didnt get it either.
i got 3600 points from it... thats 1000 SPG pts for me! :D

it was originally announced last week that the were discontinuing the 50 points a day in favor of other programs(my guess is like the NFL thingy). I was kinda surprised on how long it lasted haha. I tried tweeting this morning and i didnt get it either.

Where was this announcement? I can't find anything regarding it being discontinued.

Good to know thanks for reporting. Now I just need to pay attention and make sure I get the special promos.

At this point my plan is to fly to from EWR to HNL on United, business class, stopping at LAX on the way there and back. This would be July or the month of August (I wish it could be 2018 but I'm sure it will have to be 2019). I'd do a stop for 4 days on both ends in LAX (Disneyland and other destinations), with 7 nights in Hawaii.

I wish I could do a search to see what a Business class reward ticket would be, but since I don't have a United credit card they won't show me. Does anyone think I could get one ticket for 100k miles? I'm hoping it's not 200k since it's multi destination. The goal is to buy two tickets and use miles for the other two. I wonder how long it would take to save that up if I strategically open the right Chase accounts. I don't think AMEX points will help me for United.

Anyone have any input? Thanks! :)

You do not need to have the United card to search award availability. Just sign in to your frequent flyer account on United and search for award availability. Card holders do see more award space though on certain routes.

Where was this announcement? I can't find anything regarding it being discontinued.

5mHeRNk.png

also

https://twitter.com/MarriottRewards/status/908040251050008577

Hi ... there seems to be enough people doing

the Marriott Tweeting to warrant their own thread.

Last edited:
Where can I find the list of historical bonuses? For United MPE card, does the entire party get priority boarding or just the CCholder? Do I have purchase the tickets using MPE to get the benefits or is just being a CCholder enough?

Where can I find the list of historical bonuses? For United MPE card, does the entire party get priority boarding or just the CCholder? Do I have purchase the tickets using MPE to get the benefits or is just being a CCholder enough?

Where can I find the list of historical bonuses?
Some might be outdated. but still a good guide.
DoC's list. seems even more outdated.

For United MPE card, does the entire party get priority boarding or just the CCholder?
says "primary holder + companion on the same reservation according to chase website.

Do I have purchase the tickets using MPE to get the benefits or is just being a CCholder enough?
According to this, Priority boarding, you just need your credit card. Free bags, you will be required to pay with the credit card.

You do not need to have the United card to search award availability. Just sign in to your frequent flyer account on United and search for award availability. Card holders do see more award space though on certain routes.

wasnt there something about going into advanced mode or something that will also open up more availability?

I think I'm having the same problem since I started out as a Ritz Carlton member but switched to Marriott years ago. Have you gotten yours fixed?

Nope. The points for my husband - signed up as Marriott - worked but never did come through for me. I decided to focus on getting the points for him since I've been having so many problems with this promotion.

What happens to a refund that posts to a card that you've closed? I have a -$19.10 balance on my closed CSP.

wasnt there something about going into advanced mode or something that will also open up more availability?
Having the card does open up more availability. But usually more flights if there is saver flights already available.

I'm planning on venturing into the realm of checking account bonuses. I've noticed tht a lot of them allow a certain amount to be funded by a credit card. Forgive my ignorance: I'm assuming this means what it sounds like - that I would be able to essentially charge that amount to my credit card and it would go into the checking account? This just seems too easy.

How is this handled by credit card providers (particularly Chase)? Do they allow this amount to count towards the minimum spend of a new card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter