I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked Hyatt House over the fancier Hyatt Regency because of the free breakfast and ability to walk to DL. I also like that I was able to secure two queen beds on a cash and points rate instead of a king and pull out sofa bed.
It's also significantly closer imho! You'll like not having to do the shuttle wait!

Just got a 40% off one item for CVS. Guess I'll have to drop by there also and buy something not on sale.

Ok, here is what I do from my desktop computer. I hit the "print screen" button on the keyboard. Then I open up Paint. Then I hit the Ctrl and V buttons on the keyboard to paste the print screen shot. In the "home" tab of Paint, I click the eraser tool and then just use the cursor to erase sensitive info. Hope that helps :flower3:

Decided to try it just for fun. I think I got it figured out in Paint, thanks to your help! Not sure I can get it here on the board but going to try :)
Untitled.png

ETA: There was nothing sensitive to erase...least I don't think so...but I did play with that too. Happy to know how to do this now!

LOL, yes - I love her! But rest assured I will make the best decision for me with respect to a credit card sign up. If this link dies she can always send me the next one and also for the Marriott biz if there is a link for that.
I have the cash for the project in a 'roof' account - you know how some people have emergency accounts, etc? I am the queen of those little accounts! It's just that I like to keep the money as long as I can, but there is enough there to cover the spend on both cards.
I even keep a separate account to pay bills that only get paid twice a year such as car insurance and 4 times a year such as the water bill. That way I move cash from my checking deposits once a month to cover each anticipated expense. All done online of course.

If it helps nudge one way or the other, we got a small discount on our new roof (put on last week) because it's offseason.

Hating Plastiq right now. First time trying to use it and nothing will go through with my Amex. I keep getting "Amex cards cannot be used to pay this recipient". It is just a loan repayment to Lightstream for our DVC. What am I doing wrong?

Hating Plastiq right now. First time trying to use it and nothing will go through with my Amex. I keep getting "Amex cards cannot be used to pay this recipient". It is just a loan repayment to Lightstream for our DVC. What am I doing wrong?

Is your Recipient already in the database? Like when you were tying to add a new Recipient, did Plastiq find Lightstream already in its system and populated its address and other information?

If so, my suspicion is Lightstream may be blacklisted from receiving payments on Amex cards, possibly because Amex views the nature of such payments as like a mortgage, which is not allowed.

Do you think you can share to whom and where you’re trying to send the payment? We may be able to create a “new” Recipient manually and get the payment to go through by getting creative with how you address the payment.

Also, along with what @Lain said, what category do you have the recipient listed as? Amex only allows certain categories.

Is your Recipient already in the database? Like when you were tying to add a new Recipient, did Plastiq find Lightstream already in its system and populated its address and other information?

If so, my suspicion is Lightstream may be blacklisted from receiving payments on Amex cards, possibly because Amex views the nature of such payments as like a mortgage, which is not allowed.

Do you think you can share to whom and where you’re trying to send the payment? We may be able to create a “new” Recipient manually and get the payment to go through by getting creative with how you address the payment.

OK I got the lightstream to go through. It did not auto populate. I learned my lesson after trying my mortgage (I knew going in that wouldn't work but wanted to try anyway). I did change the name a bit and added "attn: Cashier" to the name. Is there any playing around you can do for a mortgage payment for US Bank? I will assume probably not.

Since Hyatt is being discussed, I need some advice, everyone. I’m thinking of diverting from my plans with Chase because we’ll be staying at a Hyatt in Cleveland at the beginning of May and it got me thinking about the Chase Hyatt card. Here are my current stats and thoughts. Don’t judge me for the Amazon card, it was 2016 BC (Before Churning).

Me:
1/24 Amazon: 07/15/16
2/24 Southwest Premier: 12/21/16
3/24 Southwest Plus: 12/21/16
4/24 CSR: 02/17/17
X/24 CIP: 06/05/17
5/24 SPG Personal: 07/21/17
X/24 SPG Biz: 01/14/18

DH:
1/24 CFU (PCed from CSP): 05/12/16
2/24 CSP (PCed from CSR): 09/07/16
3/24 Hilton Honors: 11/14/16
4/24 SPG Personal: 03/31/17
5/24 Amex BCP: 08/02/17

Current Plan:
End of May: Refer DH for CIP, after his CFU drops off but before my AF hits
Beginning of June: PC my CIP to CIC
End of 2018: Apply for both SW cards for DH, to get the CP for 2019-2020

Now I’m looking at the Hyatt card for DH in May. It isn’t subject to 5/24, and we amazingly haven’t gotten him a new card since August, so I’m not too concerned about approval, aside from the ridiculous amount of credit Chase has already extended him.

Pros:
-40,000 Signup Bonus Points
-Discoverist Status
-He may be able to switch his work-related hotel stays from Hilton to Hyatt, earning extra points on his stays with Discoverist status (he can’t book work travel on a personal card though)

Cons:
-He will be 5/24 until September
-We won’t be able to take advantage of my CIP referral unless I keep it for another year and pay the AF

So, do you think the Hyatt card is worth it?
I would just wait until May for him to apply for the CIP, then the Hyatt (5/24), then after his CSR (4/24) drops and it’s been 24 months since the CSR bonus double dip CSP/CSR.

I would just wait until May for him to apply for the CIP, then the Hyatt (5/24), then after his CSR (4/24) drops and it’s been 24 months since the CSR bonus double dip CSP/CSR.
You mean double dip the SW cards?
And actually, he wouldn't be blowing a spot with the CIP, so maybe it does make more sense to do it the way you suggest. :thumbsup2
EDIT: AND we could even wait until the Hilton drops off for the SW cards and still be fine.

However, doing it this way would mean I wouldn't get any perks for our stay in May.

Last edited:
And actually, he wouldn't be blowing a spot with the CIP, so maybe it does make more sense to do it the way you suggest. :thumbsup2
EDIT: AND we could even wait until the Hilton drops off for the SW cards and still be fine.

However, doing it this way would mean I wouldn't get any perks for our stay in May.
When is your May stay?

If it helps nudge one way or the other, we got a small discount on our new roof (put on last week) because it's offseason.

It does actually, but I was hoping for late fall off season. I think I've made up my mind to wait, even if I miss the 35K.

Or why don’t you apply for the Hyatt what other chase cards are you wanting?

When I was working on my MSR for Citi in the fall, I used it to pay for personal training sessions (sadly I have lost all of 1 pound but my clothes do feel better). Good news-I have completed 200 personal training sessions :D. Bad news...although I'm finishing up part II of my Amex Biz Plat and Amex Biz SPG...my darn gym doesn't take Amex. What to do??? I'm hesitant to hit Chase at all with my 5 (!) cards in November (apparently I was Christmas shopping or planning to a lot?) and 1 personal/2 biz in Feb. So...I went back and forth between BOA AS card and Barclay HI card. Since HI Air flies to both NZ and Australia, and I have a relationship with Barclaycard, HI was the winner. I don't know if a lot of people have this card but I'm excited to put another 180 sessions on the card and earn 35,000 miles for somewhere :) Guess DH might actually get to visit Hawaii again...

I've been haunting the Hyatt site for every city in the country, just about, as I'm trying to figure out what the points will be for the new Hyatt near my beach.

Hyatt's points look like a great deal over all. The value seems to be there. I haven't seen a lot of cash and points deals but some of them are awesome. Such as 12k for a room or 6K plus $75 for a $300 room. No brainer. The only weird pricing I see is the Club pricing - it is not in line with the $ values.
I look at the Hyatt points for the Hyatt product as being similar to SPG pricing but better, so a good deal for hotels.

All that said I've only stayed Hyatt in Philadelphia many years ago on a Priceline bid where I took the kids to see the Liberty Bell and all that history stuff <g>. I really liked that when I checked in they handed me a glass of wine! Got a huge room and was in the perfect location. Oh wait - I did stay in a dumpy, smoky Hyatt in NYC one time next to Grand Central ....blocked that from my mind!

So, I'm looking forward to making new Hyatt memories with sand on my feet.....
Hyatt Points plus cash can be a tremendous deal. I believe frequentmiler did a great write up on it. I also transferred UR to Hyatt to book although I do have the Hyatt card.
http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2018/01/11/how-to-find-hyatt-points-plus-cash-deals/

I went back and forth between BOA AS card and Barclay HI card. Since HI Air flies to both NZ and Australia, and I have a relationship with Barclaycard, HI was the winner. I don't know if a lot of people have this card but I'm excited to put another 180 sessions on the card and earn 35,000 miles for somewhere :) Guess DH might actually get to visit Hawaii again...

Please tell me you didn’t already apply for the HA card! You can usually trigger a higher 50k HawaiianMiles offer by making a dummy booking on the HA website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter