I made my DVC logo!

tacomaranch

Tacoma Ranch home of wild mustangs! We are all on
Hi Friends,

So I could not find what I wanted so I made it. Remember please that I just started and we have photoshop CS2. I couldn't find my horse it that program!:rotfl: Is it always this hard to start out?

1. Scan logo from brochure into an image.
2. Spend hours fixing scan, cleaning up,etc.
3. Loose image and start again at step 1.
4. Have image but don't know how to get the "ants" around it to move it into another layer?
5. Ask DH....wow what a mistake!
6. After 6 hours and many keystrokes, searching, trying, it came together.
7. Why did it take so long???
8. Now apply all kinds of effects and gradients to make any background I want.

Wow, this takes so much time:scared1:

But here is the DVC logo for everyone to use.

Thanks, April

colourDVCgranient.jpg

I have made a choice to remove all but one of my DVC logos and will post more as I get them refined. Thanks,

4. Have image but don't know how to get the "ants" around it to move it into another layer?

I'm assuming you must've figured this part out. But just in case-- if you have your image on a white or transparent background you can use your magic wand tool and click on the area around the image. This will give you the "ants". Then go to Select and choose Inverse. This will select the image instead of the background. You can cut and paste into the new layer. Or, easier, just duplicate your layer (go to Layer then Duplicate Layer).

Photoshop is wonderful once you get it figured out! :thumbsup2

I'm assuming you must've figured this part out. But just in case-- if you have your image on a white or transparent background you can use your magic wand tool and click on the area around the image. This will give you the "ants". Then go to Select and choose Inverse. This will select the image instead of the background. You can cut and paste into the new layer. Or, easier, just duplicate your layer (go to Layer then Duplicate Layer).

Photoshop is wonderful once you get it figured out! :thumbsup2

I just need to figure it out! I worked all afternoon but then read a piece of paper that talked about the ants. Thanks for making it easy for me, I really appreciate the help and need it so badly! Please keep the good information coming my way.

Like, what is the easiest way to make a gradient background? Short of what I did.

Thanks, April

Yes, they look very nice, but unfortunately, they do not meet DISboard's signature guidelines and therefore cannot be used by anyone in their signature as they currently exist.

It's up to you if you want to rework them so they meet guidelines.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any specific questions.

Caskbill
DIS Tech Support.

That looks really good! I admire your persistence - my summer project has been to learn Photoshop CS2. I took a summer course in it, have spent hours doing the practice exercises in the course book and am still amazed at how powerful and infuriating the program is. I find working with it to be not at all intuitive and that it leads to a lot more cursing than I am accustomed to doing. Still, I am determined to gain control over my magnetic lasso. Meanwhile, I'll just copy your image.:rotfl2:

Wendy darling,

Copy away! Please PM for any clipart and designs I can forward to you.

Frustrating doesn't even cover it! PS2, the program I love to hate! Stick with it and join the Disign forum where there is great information.

Good luck, April

Tagging onto the thread here. I'd like to create a sig picture in which is placed an animated gif of Wilderness Lodge. Does anybody know if Photoshop Elements can do that?

Does anybody know if Photoshop Elements can do that?

Yes, it very easy to do in Photoshop Elements. But, as Caskbill has stated, any graphic must meet the boards guidelines for clipart. While very nice, the OP's graphic is over at 145590 bytes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter