• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I met a Dis Member

Sue F UK

Florida keeps me poor...but happy
As some of you know, I returned from WDW just yesterday.

While there I dutifully wore my lime green ribbon on my rucksack, even though DH called me sad. Much to my surprise whild queueing for Kilimanjaro Safaris (disabled section) at AK I get a tap on the shoulder with the question "excuse me, but are you from the DIS?".

Behind me were two ladies who were covered almost from head to toe in pins, lime green ribbons and the like. They were Tinkerbell129 and Perdita from the US DIS. I explained that I was UK DIS and we had a good chat about DIS and DLP before boarding the Safaris. They also urged me to come visit the US DIS site!!! - How little did I know that I would end up here permanently! :jester:

The lime green ribbons really do work!!

Oh i will definitely wear mine when I go.

Quick question sue? Was it very busy while you were thier, and was thier a lot of queuing. As you know going for seven days so working out schedules ect.

Thanks

Tanya

....... that's great Sue :) ...... I've also had a chance encounter in the parks with fellow DISers - good fun!

Nice one Sue,

Glad to hear that the Green Ribbons are working well.

:D

Reply to Tanya - We went Presidents week so it was absolutely Heaving when we first got there and was dead as a doornail by the time we came away.

You should be ok in April and should get it all done in a week (we only went for 10 days ourselves) Make good use of fastpasses carefully and you will be fine.

Not long to go now....:D

That's great Sue, I'm glad the ribbon worked! I know both Tink and Perdita...as you may have guessed they are avid pintraders, LOL

Penny :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter