I miss DIS events!

A little too rich for my blood, as I'm going to Ireland and Spain in 2 months ;) I guess I should've said *local* Dis events. Have a great time! Miss you all!
Sounds awesome, @ShesAPirate - Have a fantastic time! Furthest I'm going anytime soon is to take out the recycling in a little while. :jester:

Never done/been to a DIS or GKTW event, but remembering back to the days when I used to get together with my big groups (in the low to middle 100's as a whole, dinners up to around 50 people at a time), I can definitely remember all the work, stress, and yes - even tears - that went into the process. The year I coordinated the entire week's worth of events, it took the entire year - was never far from my mind, and constantly working on some phase of it. And the week itself was also pretty stressful - trying to make my way around, to make sure all was going smoothly. Was NOT easy at ALL. Very glad I had the experience, and helped others have a magical week, but took a LOT out of me! So I am always respectfully grateful and admiring of others who go through planning/hosting anything like these types of events!!!

Same here, Gillian. We miss them too. I know they were a ton of work to put together but a good time was had by all. I was hoping after the podcast 10th and the DIS 20th they might get back to the schedule of a PCC every other year and a DISapalooza in between. We miss the local events too in NJ, Hershey, Delaware, Richmond, New England, etc. There is an Indy meet this year but I don't think we can make it as all of my vacation time is already spoken for.

The Viking cruise sounds amazing but that's a whole other level of travel than a weekend in north Jersey or Hershey or even a PCC out of Florida. Hopefully, we can join the crew on a future trip like that. It just wasn't happening this year.

I am a Dis meet "virgin" to date, but I do hope to attend a local WDW event. It's my own fault on why I haven't attended yet. It's not really procrastination, rather I am trying to get a lay of the land. OK that was lame....I am trying to gauge how the events are run, who attends and what type of commradety I can expect.

I am a PMP so large scale projects were the norm when I worked FT in NJ/FL. But, I can't begin to imagine the logistics of planning these events. And I agree @*NikkiBell*, I'm confident it is a thankless position which opens an arsenal of criticism (for likely volunteer work).

ATO: I thought I would upload a couple of pics of me (in the Community Board) as penance for my trepidation.

Last edited:
I am a Dis meet "virgin" to date, but I do hope to attend a local WDW event. It's my own fault on why I haven't attended yet. It's not really procrastination, rather I am trying to get a lay of the land. OK that was lame....I am trying to gauge how the events are run, who attends and what type of commradety I can expect.

I am a PMP so large scale projects were the norm when I worked FT in NJ/FL. But, I can't begin to imagine the logistics of planning these events. And I agree @*NikkiBell*, I'm confident it is a thankless position which opens an arsenal of criticism (for likely volunteer work).

ATO: I thought I would upload a couple of pics of me (in the Community Board) as penance for my trepidation.
I had no ides people posted pics of themselves on the Community Board, so thank you! :) You're a handsome dude! So I'm guessing you moved to FL from NJ? Have a lot of friends who did that (a lot that I used to do the big Gatherings with in WDW, but those from the NE/I would also get together in smaller groups throughout the year - MISS all that!!!). Where in NJ were you, if you don't mind saying? I'm in Bergen County. And I'm going to feel really stupid when I hear the answer, but I've got to ask anyway - what's a PMP? :o

I have to say I was also nervous and hesitant "back in the day" before meeting DIS peeps. But - for the most part - I have to say - Disney really draws such a nice, family friendly, great group, and I made lifelong friends with many of them. Of course - common sense always prevails when meeting strangers, but I will NEVER forget my very first meeting of "online people" I met on Prodigy when we met at Epcot back in Feb. of '93. Unfortunately, they were a retired couple at the time, and have since passed on, but we were still friends, and in touch (they were from Winter Haven) until just a few years ago. I still meet - and have great conversations with - many people these days in my "everyday life" about Disney - especially since I usually always have some form of Disney t-shirt on, which starts conversations (exactly whey I buy/wear them in the first place!) :)

I had no ides people posted pics of themselves on the Community Board, so thank you! :) You're a handsome dude! So I'm guessing you moved to FL from NJ? Have a lot of friends who did that (a lot that I used to do the big Gatherings with in WDW, but those from the NE/I would also get together in smaller groups throughout the year - MISS all that!!!). Where in NJ were you, if you don't mind saying? I'm in Bergen County. And I'm going to feel really stupid when I hear the answer, but I've got to ask anyway - what's a PMP? :o

I have to say I was also nervous and hesitant "back in the day" before meeting DIS peeps. But - for the most part - I have to say - Disney really draws such a nice, family friendly, great group, and I made lifelong friends with many of them. Of course - common sense always prevails when meeting strangers, but I will NEVER forget my very first meeting of "online people" I met on Prodigy when we met at Epcot back in Feb. of '93. Unfortunately, they were a retired couple at the time, and have since passed on, but we were still friends, and in touch (they were from Winter Haven) until just a few years ago. I still meet - and have great conversations with - many people these days in my "everyday life" about Disney - especially since I usually always have some form of Disney t-shirt on, which starts conversations (exactly whey I buy/wear them in the first place!) :)

Appreciate the accolades/comments, but please bear in mind that time lets gravity take effect :smooth:. Those pics are a couple of years (~3) old. BTW...Just for Men cannot reverse gray hair propagation!

I worked in Wayne, NJ for many years and even more in Flanders. It was great to live there on Sunday AM's as I could get into "The City" via the Lincoln Tunnel in about 20 minutes. The best was on Sundays as it often had the best availability/prices on Broadway shows (weirdly, I do immensely miss that now as I live in central FL). Yes, I relocated to FL about 12 years ago.

PMP = Project Management Professional. A fancy acronym that, supposedly, states that we/I are able to manage multi-million $ projects given our experience. I would argue that passing a test doesn't qualify that, but rather a combination of education, experience and wisdom are the baseline of this.

The common theme across all disciplines is a Disney passion. This is what appeals to me the most. We can disagree on virtually every political, social, educational or economic basis, yet this is the least denominational factor. For that, I will never rebuke what WDW means to me.

The only event I went to was Finding Dory a few years back. I wonder if that type of meet was less stressful to plan. The sad part was since I only did the movie I didn't get to meet people.

P.S. Heidi, Prodigy was from the dark ages. Lol We had Prodigy, Compuserve, and AOL.

The only event I went to was Finding Dory a few years back. I wonder if that type of meet was less stressful to plan. The sad part was since I only did the movie I didn't get to meet people.

P.S. Heidi, Prodigy was from the dark ages. Lol We had Prodigy, Compuserve, and AOL.
Oh, I'm well ware I'm dating myself with that remark, @Alicenwonderment. ROTFL. I had AOL (briefly), Prodigy,GEnie, and Expedia. On Disney forums on all. :) Remember when folks would "procure" the AOL CD's just to get the free trial times? :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter