• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need some inspiration!

grover

DIS Veteran
I am in need of some serious inspiration! Last night I completed 6 pages in my gift album for my mom! All that remains to be done is the first/title page! I now have scappers block and have no idea what to do on this page! My only idea is a picture of My mom,me and my brother! The album consists of pages focused on when we were younger, christmas, birthdays, sibling page, vacation, our pet, hockey, the kids and grandparents! I am really happy with the way it has turned out so far but am now stuck! I was thinking of doing a poem on the first page- what do you think- Any ideas for me?
Grover in Winnipeg
:D :smooth: :D :smooth: :D

I like the idea of a poem. My sister the English teacher usually gets that task, though, when we are doing special memory albums.

Given your focus, I think that a really mushy poem about the little things your mom has done over the years would be a great first page!

If you get really creative, you could do a verse to cover each section/time period you've included in the book. Then, either handprint it using calligraphy - or use a special font.

Good luck!

d

When I made one for my mother and MIL, I just titled it "grandma's brag book." Nothing fancy, but it got the job done.

writing out a special memory of your mom that ya'll share and what it meant to you?

Maybe sharing how it made you feel when she sung a certain song or rocked you when you felt badly. Or retelling a favorite memory of a vacation and the things ya'll did together as a family.

This is a little off topic, but for a college class I took, I was tasked to do interviews of women from different generations to compare how times have changed. My first interview was my dear grandmother. She passed away about a year later. My mom treasures that tape and listening to her mother's life in her own words and voice.

Take care,
Annemarie

Annemarie- we must be on the same wave length as I did do one mother and daughter page and I journaled the song "you are my sunshine" as she always sang me that song as a child! It turned out great!

Thanks for the great ideas you guys- you can always be counted on to get someone out of a rut!
Grover in Winnipeg
:D :smooth: :D

here's a link to the title page from my disney album

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/bevs97/jpg_page01.htm

I cased it from someone else who cased it from the Hall of Fame book so it's not at all original but I think it works really well for a title page, you can incude all sorts of images that relate to your mum and all the topics inside.

Bev

Here is a site that has links to other sites that are didicated to scrapbooking poems and quotes. There may be something there that you may be able to use.

poems

chessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter