Hanging up my running shoes

In special non-Disney and non-running news!!!
giphy.gif
We just booked a 7-day cruise on Royal Caribbean.

latest

Chris and I were discussing recently that we didn’t have any family vacation plans in the future – only our Dopey trip in January that is just the two of us, so after some discussion, we decided to just go for it and take a 7-day cruise with the kids. Chris’ sister, brother and his brother’s partner are all going as well, so it should be really fun.

The best part is that we are going over Christmas. We’re are leaving out on December 24 and return on December 31. Sailing out of Galveston on the Liberty of the Seas

royal-caribbean-liberty-of-the-seas-exterior-01-gallery.jpg

Stops in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica.

Now for those of you keeping track, that means we will get home on late on the 31st, be home on New Years Day and then Chris and I will be leaving for Dopey Weekend on the 2nd. :eek:

It means a little over 2 weeks off work for me. In the 26 years I have worked here, I’ve only taken 2 weeks off at once one other time, so I’m pretty stoked about that as well.

Now, I did tell Chris we will need to really be careful not to overtire ourselves on this cruise since we will be only a week away from running Dopey, so my plan is a lot of this…

quiet-spots-on-a-cruise-ship-2.jpg

Super excited for this trip though and can’t wait to start planning. We’ve never cruised Royal Caribbean before, so happy to be trying a new cruise line!!

So fun!!!!! I enjoyed our Royal Caribbean cruise so much this past February!

I'm excited to give Royal Caribbean a try. We've cruised Carnival twice before and MANY years ago did a Princess cruise, but this will be our first RCL.

What an incredible way to kick off your Dopey vacation!!!

I know! I'm so excited about it - as long as I don't think too much about how much money we will be spending in a short amount of time!

How exciting! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Thank you. I can't wait.

How exciting!! You have a LOT to look forward to at the end of the year! Yay!

For sure, but of course, now I have to actually wait for it to all come around,but I'll keep myself occupied with all my obsessive planning.

Awesome!! I also have never cruised Royal, please do a report when you get back!

It's totally normal to request a report for a trip that is 6+ months away, right? :teeth:

Of course, it's totally normal. :D I'll plan on at least a mini-trip report.

Thanks! I'm not sure I could convince Mr. Ariel484 to try Royal - he's pretty loyal to DiCL (which, no complaints), but I am curious!

I'm so tempted to try DCL, but with 5 of us cruising the cost is just too much for me to manage. I'm hoping I'll really like Royal, although we've honestly enjoyed our Carnival cruises too even though I know they don't always get a lot of love around these parts. :D But, I'm also pretty easy to please, so there's always that.

I know! I'm so excited about it - as long as I don't think too much about how much money we will be spending in a short amount of time!

Ha. This is me with every vacation we go on. How fun, though! I'm excited to read all about both trips.

Ha. This is me with every vacation we go on. How fun, though! I'm excited to read all about both trips.

It's easier to rationalize when they are spread out. Luckily we will have to pre-pay for much of these vacations well in advance, so at least by the time we actually travel most of the financial pain will be over. :D

Awesome sauce! My parents are taking their first cruise in April on the Allure of the Seas. Sounds like you are going to have an awesome time.

Yay cruise!!! I've heard a lot of good things about Royal Caribbean, so hopefully it's all true and you guys will have an awesome time!

Yay cruise!!! I've heard a lot of good things about Royal Caribbean, so hopefully it's all true and you guys will have an awesome time!

Thanks! I've heard good things too, so I'm sure it will be great.

So exciting!!!!!!!!!! You may need to make up your own version of the castaway cay challenge. But like for sitting in a deck chair for 48.6 miles and then running it at dopey.

This is brilliant!

chillin.gif

Progress but not Perfect
6/11 – 6/17

julie-andrews-gif-julie-andrews-practically-perfect-in-every-way-mp.gif

Still trying to get fully back on track with training and to incorporate our new track work as well as our 5 mile maintenance runs. So, how did we do??
MeoPlES.gif

Well stormy weather caused us some difficulties, but otherwise we at least made progress on our new enhanced training schedule.

Sunday 6/11 – Rest day.

Monday 6/12 – I already shared that we did a quick strength training and then headed to the track for some cadence drills, acceleration gliders and 8x400m runs at 10k pace. @DopeyBadger helped me think through/calculate pace on this, so we probably did this a bit fast and will attempt to slow a bit on subsequent runs, but overall this went well.

colbert-calculator.gif

Tuesday 6/13 – Regular maintenance run with our new distance of 5 miles run at a 2:00/:30 interval for an overall pace of 11:03.

Wednesday 6/14 – Strength training. This was fine. Nothing too exciting.

giphy.gif

Thursday 6/15 – Plan was for 5 miles, but there were thunderstorms in the morning, so no run today.

Friday 6/16 – We planned to make up our 5 miles today, but thunderstorms again. UGH! Go away already.

2ca5e110ec5b978baf70eacf5a77660d.gif

Saturday 6/17 – Galloway group run – and storms again at wake up. Radar looked like it was going to clear though, so once we got to the designated meet up spot we only had to wait about 20 minutes or so to start. It actually ended up being a pleasant run. The overcast skies kept the temps manageable although there was a decent amount of humidity. 10 mile run today doing 90/30 with an overall pace of 11:05. I was flagging a bit at the end with a lot of uphill right at the conclusion, but otherwise I felt pretty good. Our group did great!!

show+off

We headed down to the my parents' lake house later in the day to get the boat ready for the water and stopped at our favorite pizza place on the way (not low-carb!), but it was delicious. This is the Green Acres – pesto sauce, chicken, basil, tomatoes and feta cheese. YUM!!!

IMG_4186_zpskrpux4fi.jpg

So, that was it for the week. Hated missing that one 5-miler, so hoping for a better week this week!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!