Hanging up my running shoes

I've been stalking prices for weeks and there's just been no movement
I bought mine months ago, but continued to stock just to see how the prices would shape up (I'm a masochist, clearly!) HOWEVER no changes have happened for the better, so I'm actually super pleased I bought when I did.

2nd and coming home on the 9th, and so I think demand (especially with the 2nd) was just too high to get good prices.
yes, I'd been stalking Jan 3-8th

race weekend being so close to the Christmas/NY holiday
Agree, this is why there is no movement on the prices BUT it is also the only reason why I am able to do Dopey this year (being a teacher).

FoP FPs are hard to come by even at 60 days out. Best of luck as I will be trying for one as well! I would probably wait an hour to 90 minutes if I can't get one but no more than that.

Don't mean to be a thread taker-over, but got a question for Ryan regarding pandora...
I'm wondering if the little mini-replica race medals they sell at the expo would fit nicely on a banshee head. I'm not saying you should take a pic in pandora with your medal while wearing a banshee wearing it's medal...
No, actually that's exactly what I'm saying :)

Don't mean to be a thread taker-over, but got a question for Ryan regarding pandora...
I'm wondering if the little mini-replica race medals they sell at the expo would fit nicely on a banshee head. I'm not saying you should take a pic in pandora with your medal while wearing a banshee wearing it's medal...
As someone who owns a Banshee and those little race medals I had to go check it out. They do in fact fit nicely on the banshee.

FoP FPs are hard to come by even at 60 days out. Best of luck as I will be trying for one as well! I would probably wait an hour to 90 minutes if I can't get one but no more than that.

Yeah, I'll be online right at the moment the window opens and hope for the best. I've got the ability to switch around some park days, so if I can't get it for that first day, I can try for a different day. But fingers crossed we get lucky!

I bought mine months ago, but continued to stock just to see how the prices would shape up (I'm a masochist, clearly!) HOWEVER no changes have happened for the better, so I'm actually super pleased I bought when I did.

That's good. I've made myself swear NOT to go looking at the prices anymore so that if they drop I won't berate myself for not waiting. :D

Agree, this is why there is no movement on the prices BUT it is also the only reason why I am able to do Dopey this year (being a teacher).

I totally get that. My husband taught for years and it made vacation travel difficult and costly. He's now in the district office, so has more flexibility to use his vacation time since he's a 12-month employee.

Brilliant!

As someone who owns a Banshee and those little race medals I had to go check it out. They do in fact fit nicely on the banshee.

So fun!

This makes me happier than it should.

LOL

Zelly - you have the best GIFS. I love the plane! I always find booking flights stressful- I never know how early to do it. So glad yours are booked and you can focus on other things... like Pandora! :)

This a great idea. You are so clever!

I love me some GIFS. :)

This may end up costing me a lot of $$$

Exactly. I honestly had no interest in a banshee, but suddenly I find myself contemplating it. Thanks a lot, Roxymama.

You are moving along so nicely with your training! Well done! And your Calavera outfit looks so great!! I agree, you look fit and strong!

We can't book our marathon weekend flights until we know for sure if my husband will be going to the Home Builders Show in Orlando that same week . . . I hate the waiting. It must feel good to have that piece of the puzzle done at least.

Thank you! I am enjoying GoT, but I keep feeling like more should be happening you know? I know they are getting everything lined up and in place for the big finish, but I find myself almost impatient. I know I shouldn't be wanting to rush to the end so much!

I am very impatient! I just want to binge watch all of season 7 and 8....NOW!

I am very impatient! I just want to binge watch all of season 7 and 8....NOW!

Just catching up on these threads after my holiday. We didn't have satellite or cable tv and no wifi so I've been avoiding anyone talking about GOT all week. First thing I did when I got home..... kettle on, fire up the Now TV box.

Behold!! The Nerd Tech

I love it. That's so cute.

Well, I finally just bit the bullet and booked our flights to marathon weekend.

Nice to have that all sorted. We booked flights and accomodation in April and I have been trying to ignore the exchange rate bouncing around all over the place. We got free Disney dining plan, 14 day for price of 7 park tickets +memory maker each so I'm not complaining too much.

What a difference the temperature makes!!
Training 7/23 - 7/29
6362838594423571531139179946_giphy.gif

Sorry to be a bit late on my training update. I've had family company at my house for several days and some hectic times at work, so just haven't had a chance to get on here and write much. I'm happy to say though that we had a good week of training last week particularly toward the end of the week when the heat finally decided to break. It's a good reminder for me of how much stronger I really am right now when I can see how much better I feel running when temps are not oppressive.

Sunday 7/23 - Rest day. I actually felt pretty good even after the difficult 15 mile run from the previous weekend. Legs really weren't very sore or tired. I think the additional miles we are doing during the week are really starting to do the trick!
Monday 7/24 - Track work. 4 cadence drills/4 acceleration gliders/18x400(10k pace). Nice run and no problems keeping up our pace for all the intervals.
Tuesday 7/25 - Plan was for 6 miles, but I had an early meeting at work, so we just had to cut it off at 5 miles. 2:00/:30 intervals and overall pace of 10:46. Still hot and humid on this day though. I'm such a sweaty mess after these humid runs.
images

Yoga in the evening. I might have fallen asleep during final resting pose. :)
giphy.gif

Wednesday 7/26 - A big ol' nothing.
Thursday 7/27 - We ended up having to cut this run short too. Shortly after we started running, we saw lightening.
JzsQKc5.gif

We decided discretion was the better part of valor and headed back resulting in just a 3 mile run. The upside is because we wanted to beat the storm, we ran fast. :D 2:00/:30 for an overall pace of 10:12.
Friday 7/28 - After the thunderstorm moved through we got a much needed break in heat and humidity which has been a great relief.
Saturday 7/29 - Step back week on our long run. It's on a very hilly course that I hate, but our group had a great run. :90/:30 intervals and overall pace of 10:31. Total ended up at 7.5 miles. I also wore my amazing new Nerd shirt! Paired it with one of my Dr. Who skirts which seemed appropriate. Love this shirt!!!
Untitled by giseleb2, on Flickr

Great week overall!

Love that outfit! Really glad to see that the break in the weather was a good reminder that you're strong and doing great.

Also, I think there's some universal law that family visits always coincide with hectic periods at work. Going through the same thing this week.

If I ever do yoga, my goal is to fall asleep during the first pose and then not wake up until the end.
This is one of the many reasons why I don't do yoga.

Great job getting in your runs! The Nerd shirt looks awesome, and I love that you paired it with a Dr. Who skirt!
(Side Note: I feel like I should probably try watching Dr. Who at some point. I'm a big sci-fi reader, and while I don't always love sci-fi tv shows, I feel like it's at least worth a try. It's a show about a time-travelling police box, it can't be bad, right?)

Love that outfit! Really glad to see that the break in the weather was a good reminder that you're strong and doing great.

Also, I think there's some universal law that family visits always coincide with hectic periods at work. Going through the same thing this week.

I mean I love seeing the family, but timing could definitely be better!

I love the Nerd

Thank you!

If I ever do yoga, my goal is to fall asleep during the first pose and then not wake up until the end.
This is one of the many reasons why I don't do yoga.

Great job getting in your runs! The Nerd shirt looks awesome, and I love that you paired it with a Dr. Who skirt!
(Side Note: I feel like I should probably try watching Dr. Who at some point. I'm a big sci-fi reader, and while I don't always love sci-fi tv shows, I feel like it's at least worth a try. It's a show about a time-travelling police box, it can't be bad, right?)

You should totally watch Dr. Who. Don't go back all the way to the beginning, but starting with the reboot which started in I think 2005. It's not always the best TV, but is generally very entertaining and sometimes great. It's just fun.

We're leavin' on a jet plane
giphy.gif

Well, I finally just bit the bullet and booked our flights to marathon weekend. I've been stalking prices for weeks and there's just been no movement. I really hate this race weekend being so close to the Christmas/NY holiday. We are flying in on the 2nd and coming home on the 9th, and so I think demand (especially with the 2nd) was just too high to get good prices.

We only have one day at home from the cruise before leaving out for Disney World (yes, poor us!), so I also didn't want to drive somewhere to get a cheaper flight and flights out of our hometown are always high. Regardless, it's done and I'm really excited to have that piece completed. We should arrive in Orlando around 11:30 in the morning too, so we hopefully will have some park time on arrival day which will be awesome. Hoping to land a Flight of Passage FP for that evening and see Rivers of Light. Fingers crossed that flights are on time!!

I am SO with you on the marathon weekend flight issue. We have our flights home on the 9th because the prices are great and they were easy to book. Flights on the way to MCO - ugh. I've been stalking too and just NO movement. Boo.

No advice on the teen running motivation, but wish I could offer something! Please let us know how it's going!

Love the Nerd/Dr. Who combo!! Great running this week!

I have a random question: How many of the runners in your Galloway group run Disney races? I only heard about Galloway after signing up for my first Disney race, so I'm just curious if most runners that follow his concepts also heard about him that way . . .

I feel like I need to lend you my black framed glasses and some tape so you can really complete the look. SUPER CUTE!!!! I'm fighting the urge on two InB tops right now. The struggle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter