*I Only Said We Could Swim to Get Them Out of the Park!* A Sept. 2016 TR_NEW UPDATE 6/30/2017 DONE!

Lovely TR! My deepest sympathies on the passing of your DD and how wonderful you decided to go and remember her and your family in such a happy way. While unexpected, I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months! And as we leave in 2 weeks, I'll keep my eyes open for that pumpkin spice chai! Which probably sounds disgusting right now...

First things first: WOW on your pregnancy and congratulations!!! I know your feelings are all over the place now and I also know despite having been pregnant twice I can't begin to know how you're feeling, but I believe everything happens for a reason. I hope soon you feel content and calm and that you have a wonderful, healthy pregnancy with maybe less morning sickness?? :goodvibes

Second, TOT is my favorite ride in Disney so I'm excited you rode and loved it. I was so happy when Ricky finally went on it a few years ago, so that when Steve stayed with Chris (who tried it last year and absolutely hates it) I had someone to ride with. I could ride over and over again without getting bored! I also love RnRC but can only go like twice before I need a break.

Also glad you had such a great day in HS as it is (used to be? might be again some day?) my favorite park. We haven't seen Fantasmic in a couple years and I'm thinking we need to do it again in Nov.

Really? Did it pick up with F&W? I think that's why we didn't choose that week, but now I can't remember for sure. Either way, I hope you had a good trip!

We avoided Epcot after Thursday, knowing that F&W is crazy on the weekends. But no, the crowds were great the whole week!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I know there is a whole whirlwind of emotions around that right now, but congratulations all the same. And as a birth doula, I will say don't worry about the fact that you did rides at Disney. Generally if it is early enough that you don't know, it's usually just fine.

Our family loves Sci-Fi too. The food isn't anything fabulous, but it is nice and filling and such a relaxing place to eat.

I'm gonna guess you don't make MK rope drop :-)

Oh my goodness!! Congratulations!! I can't imagine what you were feeling when you found out, but I'm glad the shock is wearing off and I hope the morning sickness gives you a break soon.

WOW! It's been a long time since I've done an update. My pregnancy is over, and my little baby BOY is here. It was not a nice pregnancy (I had hyperemesis gravidarum, which I had to be hospitalized for three times for dehydration--I was throwing up 15-20 times a day--I kid you not, I wanted to die). It was also not a nice labor, delivery, or recovery (baby came super fast and there was no time for an epidural, which I was not mentally prepared for AT ALL!!! haha Then, I almost bled out). I am super duper glad that's over. :crutches:

BUT! I am absolutely in love with my new little guy. And I really, really, really want to take him to WDW this year (I doubt that's gonna happen, but a gal can dream). And that got me thinking of this thread, and I decided to finish it. Hopefully I will find a moment here and there to work on it, but until then I'd like to introduce you to Baby Miles. He was born in May, and no, he is not a good sleeper. Sigh. But that's OK. Eventually, he will either sleep or be old enough to stay awake and me go to sleep anyway :rolleyes1. He is lovely and adorable :love:

20170528_172837.jpg

So, I will need to comb through here and see where I left off, and Lord willing and the creek don't rise I'll be back soon with a new update! (and just so you know, I do, actually, have a November trip booked for this year. I booked when FD was announced...but since then hubby has started a new <better> job, and it's unlikely he'll have vacation time to take off for a week. But I haven't cancelled the trip yet because I'm clinging to hope!)

And we're back! When I left off we were about to start our "free" day, which we'd chosen to spend at MK and HS. We managed to get a dining reservation for Hollywood and Vine's Minnie's Seasonal Dine, which ended up being a GREAT decision. More on that later! We started our morning heading to Magic Kingdom. I wanted to be there for rope drop and my family gave that a firm "no". However, hubby and Ashlyn agreed to be at the bus stop by 9am, which was good enough for me. Good bus luck continued and we hopped a bus for MK right away. We were there shortly after park opening. It was busy'ish, but not busy. Remember, it was a party day, but we'd be hopping later in the afternoon.

My sister and her family had slept in, so for this part it was just my little family. We headed toward Fantasyland because Ashlyn wanted to ride Dumbo. We also had FP's for 7DMT. On the way toward the castle I remembered that 10am would be the Elena of Avalor stage show thingy, and Ashlyn LOVES Elena. We hoped to get back to the front of the castle quickly to catch that. So, we headed to Dumbo and clocked in a couple of rides. We might have ridden the Goofy Barnstormer also, but I actually can't remember for sure. By now it was time to get to the castle, but Ashlyn wanted to stop for a picture with Ariel in her Grotto, so we obliged her.

20160908_093005.jpg
DSCN2836.jpg

However, by the time we made it to the castle the stage show was just finishing up. Ashlyn was so disappointed because she REALLY wanted to see Elena. Then, a magical thing happened! As we headed back to Fantasyland, Elena and her "people" came through the back of the castle! She waved at everyone and stopped to chat with a few folks here and there. She bent down, smiled and waved at Ashlyn! Ashlyn was sooooooooooooooooo overjoyed. Yay Elena!

20160908_091226.jpg

Next we caught a ride on the carousel, then we met my sister and her fam for the Winnie the Pooh ride, 7DMT, and I think Peter Pan. After that, we headed to Tomorrowland to do the Laugh Floor (one of our favorites, no matter how many times we do it!). Then, my sister and her family went on Space Mountain while we headed to the People Mover. I had never been on it and always wanted to at least give it a try. I actually really, really enjoyed it. I'd love to ride it at night some time!

peoplemover.jpg

Next we went to grab some lunch at Cosmic Rays. That was fun, and the food was yummy (even if I did only eat a salad...I knew we'd be eating at H&V, so I wanted to save my appetite!). After that, me, hubby, and Ashlyn headed back to the resort to relax and swim. It was a relaxing afternoon. I'm wishing now that I would have taken pictures at the pool, but I didn't. I do remember figuring out on this day that CBR had hot tubs (or whatever they call them, I can't remember). That made me happy because even in 100 degree weather I can take me a super hot bath! LOL Plus, my feet were killing me after several days of walking in the parks. So, I took advantage of the hot tub while Micheal and Ashlyn enjoyed the water slides.

My sister and her family eventually joined us back at the resort, and we ended up opening the door between our rooms and just chilling until it was time to head to HS. I know the buffet restaurants don't always have the "rave" reviews at WDW...but I actually really like them. Maybe because my kids have always been so picky so it's nice that the buffets always have kid stuff? I don't know, but I like them! LOL

We made it to H&V and checked in. My nephew, who was 1 on this trip, is a HUGE Mickey fan. It was the only reason we'd chosen to do this rez. Seeing him with the characters was so, so, so worth it! My kids have always been leery of the people in the over sized costumes. Even Emma, as an 8yo, was leery (even if she wasn't "afraid" anymore). So, seeing my nephew go all out with the love was adorable! The food was good, and everyone had a great time. Also, the characters were totally eating up that the nephew was so "into" them. And their summer outfits were super cute. It was great!

DSCN2856.jpg

After that we'd managed to get another FP for Toy Story Mania, so we headed back and did that. Unfortunately, Ashlyn started complaining that she didn't feel good at this point. I felt her head and she was burning up. Boo! I took her back to the resort and left Micheal with my sister and her husband and family, because there was no line for Toy Story Mania, and Micheal and my brother-in-law wanted to battle it out a few more times.

Once back at CBR, I gave Ashlyn some Tylenol and cold medicine, and we had a relaxing remainder of the night watching fireworks from our beach and just chilling. Luckily, by the next morning she was feeling much better. It was our last park day, and we would be headed back to Epcot!

EPCOT!!!

Oh gosh, I am new to the boards and just now reading through all of this for the first time. I am loving the TR and looking forward to more!

EPCOT!!!

Today was our last park day, but we weren't too sad...yet. We were headed to Epcot today (which is my favorite!). But then we had a plan change. My sister and her family wanted to spend more time at Animal Kingdom. While I reeeaaallllyyyy wanted to go to Epcot, I decided that Ashlyn would have more fun with her cousins, and I love AK, too. So, we would go to Animal Kingdom in the morning, and Epcot in the afternoon (which was when our FP's were scheduled).

We hopped on a bus and headed over. I actually don't remember much of what we did that morning. Ha! But we rode the safari and I took a "replica" picture of Ashlyn in the same place where I'd take a picture of Emma two years before. Here they are side by side :love:.

collage-2017-03-27.jpg

Bless her heart, Ashlyn was too distracted to smile. She wanted to look at the giraffes and I was making her look at me!

We most likely rode the kiddie ride in DinoLand...but don't hold me to that. Oh! I remember, we rode Kali river rapids. It wasn't exactly a walk-on this time, but the line was short. After we rode it once, almost everyone else wanted to ride it again so they headed back for another ride while my sister and I sat it out with her 1-year-old. There's a fountain/water area just outside of KRR, and we let him play in that while we waited. We discussed booking the bounce back offer but never made a firm decision (boy am I glad we didn't do that! I had no idea I would go home and find out I was pregnant...and the roller coaster that continues to be...more on that later).

Then we decided on lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, which was super delicious. We had a bunch of snack credits, so I wanted to try making a meal out of them just to see if I could. I don't remember what I ordered, but I did end up with a good meal out of it! Haha We all enjoyed the meal, and we had way more food than we could eat.

Finally, it was time to go to Epcot! We had FP's for Frozen Ever After, and some other stuff I don't remember because I don't think we used them. My sister decided they didn't want to do Frozen because they aren't crazy over the movie or characters. So, they stayed in Future World while we headed to WS. First we made a stop to meet Anna and Elsa, then we headed over to China to meet Mulan (a first for us!).

DSCN2877.jpg

20160909_161608.jpg

DSCN2870.jpg

A funny story about meeting Mulan. Apparently she used to meet outside, but they'd moved her inside the theater where they do the China film. So, a bunch of people were looking for her outside, while others were lining up inside. At the same time, a bunch of people were lining up for the China film. It resulted in one jumbled line of people not knowing what they heck they were doing, or where they were supposed to be. One nice guy decided to go ask a CM what was what, and the CM...wasn't sure. :crazy:

So, we waited and hoped things would shake out. Mulan finally showed up and it turned out we were in the right spot. And lucky for us we ended up being the last people allowed to see her for that set! I was so glad, because I would have been grumpy if we'd have waited all that time and then had to wait again!

Once we finished with Mulan it was time to use our FEA FP's. I have to admit I was just as excited to ride it as Ashlyn was. We got in line and waited. Then we waited, and waited, and waited. I want to say the FP line was around a 45 min wait!

20160909_150641.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_389998366662.jpeg

We're in the third row back in this pic, and I think you can tell by Ashlyn's face that she was enjoying herself :earsgirl:.

Once we finished the ride it was time to head over to the France pavilion. We had an ADR at Chefs de France. None of us had eaten here, and we weren't sure what to expect. But we were not disappointed! We checked in and had a short wait, maybe 10 minutes. Our names were called, we were taken inside and seated, and our waitress was fabulous! I ordered some type of roast (I'm sorry that it's been too long to remember the name!). I also had the French Onion Soup. It was MY FAVORITE!!! I could totally go for some of that right now. The meal was delicious, and everyone left happy.

We had other plans and FP's once we left the restaurant, but then we decided we were exhausted. So, we left off using the FP's and went back to CBR instead. This is where my trip report title came from...the girls didn't want to leave. We promised they could swim if we went back to the resort, and they agreed. But I did not want to swim! Haha

So, the dads took swim duty, while I focused on non-fun things like laundry and packing. I did make it out to the pool eventually, but I couldn't find anyone! I went back to my room instead. A little while later Micheal and Ashlyn returned. They said they'd been in the gift shop and arcade. :eeyore:

Eventually, we fell into bed exhausted but not at all ready to leave the next day. Still, we weren't totally sad because we wouldn't be boarding DME until late afternoon. Tomorrow would be hanging out, exploring, and maybe a little Disney Springs!

***Okay, so here's a little real life stuff that involves a cute baby :mickeyjum. The day Miles was born, Micheal was wearing a Mickey Mouse t-shirt. One of the nurses asked if we liked Disney, and he said yes. Well, a little while later she returns with a Mickey Mouse quilt! She said sometimes people brought in little quilts for the babies, and they'd been saving that one for someone who liked WDW. So Miles received his first sprinkling of Pixie Dust on the day he was born :tink:.

20170628_173932_resized.jpg

Is he not a cutie?! And a note about the continuing "roller coaster" I mentioned earlier. This poor little guy was diagnosed with a congenital heart defect at 2 weeks old. It's called SVT, and it's not generally life threatening, but he's already had two different stays in the PICU, and he'll have to be on medication until at least 2 yrs old (hopefully not longer!). He is a champ, and a cutie, and what a silly silly girl I was to think I didn't want another baby. I find I'm in love more and more every day!

But because of this little problem, we've decided to cancel our November trip and we're planning to go next year, maybe in May, or maybe not until September again. It will depend on discounts and Toy Story Land...so we'll see!

Going Home...

Saturday morning dawned bright and perfect (still hot, but no worse than home in AL!). We wouldn't be heading to the airport until 3:30pm, so we had several hours to hang around. First things first, we packed our things and sent them to bell services. Then, we talked with my sister about what we'd do for the day. Sister wanted to go to Disney Springs, but hubby did NOT. So, away my sis and her family went, and we hung around the resort. First, we looked through the gift shop again (it never got old, by the way, we kept finding new stuff we wanted, lol). We let Ashlyn buy some post cards to give to her cousins, and we picked out gifts to be purchased on the Disney Parks app and shipped home (I bought my parents some coffee and mugs, and we bought my MIL a picture frame).

Next, we headed to the arcade to use the credits we received with our package. We also bought some more tokens, of course! I think we ended up spending something like 2 hours in there, but it was strangely fun (I'm not a big fan of things like arcades). We took these pics with Ashlyn in the photo booth.

20170630_114521_resized.jpg

When we at last finished at the arcade we headed to the food court area and ate lunch for the last time. Then we filled up our mugs and headed outside to play corn hole. You can really see in these pictures what a beautiful day it was!

20160910_124445.jpg

20160910_124433.jpg

Once we finished here, Ashlyn remembered the coin press machine she'd seen in the gift shop and decided she wanted to press a coin. So, back to the gift shop we went. She got a quarter with Goofy in his beach outfit on it. Then, we remembered we actually had a few other pressed coins from our last trip, so we bought her a book from the gift shop to keep her pressed coins in.

At this point we decided to head to the customs house and wait for our ride to the airport. Lucky for Ashlyn, we discovered another pressed coin machine at the custom house! She was pretty excited about that.

The custom house was a mad house, seriously. People everywhere!!! Finally, our bus arrived...but there was a problem. My sister and her family were nowhere to be seen. I'd been calling and texting, but getting no reply. I was getting VERY worried! We boarded the bus, still no sight of them. We pulled out of the resort with my face practically pressed to the window looking for her.

About five minutes down the road, my phone rings. My sister! She says, "Where are you?!"

I say, "Our bus just left. Where are you?!"

She said (in a confused voice), "But we're on the bus that just left."

I get up and look around, but she is definitely NOT on our bus. Well, it turned out there had been two buses taking people to the airport! Her and her family had gotten on the second bus, and only moments before it pulled away! Thank goodness. So, we made it to the airport and got on the plane to head home.

20160910_180810.jpg

It was a fun and relaxing final day to our vacay, and we are all so ready to go back. I'm still trying to figure out how to do a deluxe stay at a moderate price (ha! aren't we all?), but honestly, I also kind of want to stay at Pop. So, until we meet again, Disney! :mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald::tink::simba::stitch::hmghost::figment::ccat:

Reactions: DLo
I know I said this over on my PTR but it's so nice to see you back! And congrats on baby Miles, he is absolutely adorable :cloud9:

But we rode the safari and I took a "replica" picture of Ashlyn in the same place where I'd take a picture of Emma two years before. Here they are side by side :love:
Love this very special picture :littleangel:
So Miles received his first sprinkling of Pixie Dust on the day he was born :tink:.
That's awesome! What a way to start life, right?

I'm still trying to figure out how to do a deluxe stay at a moderate price (ha! aren't we all?)

:laughing: I don't normally suggest this as a TA, but have you every looked in to renting DVC points? We've done that in the past about 8x. It might not be quite at moderate prices but it's certainly a deluxe stay at a much lower rate than a deluxe stay through Disney! As sad as cancelling a Disney trip is it does look to be the best decision for you all right now. Disney isn't going anywhere :smickey: so hopefully Miles gets to make his debut trip there in 2018!

Emma was lovely, and the day she passed away I imagined her in Heaven running around with her arms wide open--just like Rapunzel in Tangled when she left the tower for the first time: This is the BEST DAY EVER! I know she is happy. And I know I will see her again. And her memory and legacy on this earth are beautiful. :littleangel:

[/QUOTE]
My heart aches for you. I know that pain. I know that Heaven is better and someday I will see my son again, but it still hurts. She is beautiful! <3

Emma was lovely, and the day she passed away I imagined her in Heaven running around with her arms wide open--just like Rapunzel in Tangled when she left the tower for the first time: This is the BEST DAY EVER! I know she is happy. And I know I will see her again. And her memory and legacy on this earth are beautiful. :littleangel:

My heart aches for you. I know that pain. I know that Heaven is better and someday I will see my son again, but it still hurts. She is beautiful! <3[/QUOTE]

Thank you ♡♡♡.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter