I Paid Someone $5 for a Catchy Trip Report Title, and This is All I Got-Updated 12/29

Interesting pictures. I don't know about the Micky picture it is quite funny. I wonder if your wife knows that you posted that one. The other one, well I guess we all have some kind of pictures like that. I took a picture of my daughters butt last time because I couldn't figure out how to get the camera to night mode and couldn't see any thing. I also got one kid with just eyes. They thought those pics were so funny and tell all their friends about their mom's photography skills.:confused3

Interesting pictures. I don't know about the Micky picture it is quite funny. I wonder if your wife knows that you posted that one. The other one, well I guess we all have some kind of pictures like that. I took a picture of my daughters butt last time because I couldn't figure out how to get the camera to night mode and couldn't see any thing. I also got one kid with just eyes. They thought those pics were so funny and tell all their friends about their mom's photography skills.:confused3

I asked my wife if I could post the one of her chest way back when I was on that portion of the TR and she said okay, but she's sitting nearby right now and heard me chuckle and asked what I was laughing about. I mentioned the chest picture, and now she doesn't remember giving me permission. She did, really! Now she says that apparently she didn't realize what she was giving permission for. Ooops. I may be in the doghouse. If only I hadn't chuckled.

Tribilín;34670336 said:
Hey! It wasn't the dog's fault! :dogdance:

Are you saying I'm inconveniencing the dog?!

Oh, hey Trib, somehow I forgot to include the Goofy "raise the roof" picture in the Outtakes post. Yikes, right? :eek: Well, I noticed it and went back to edit it and include it....but I'm really surprised that you didn't get on my case about it! How did you miss that? :confused3

Are you saying I'm inconveniencing the dog?!
Well, obviously nobody has asked him if he wants a roomie! :mad:

Oh, hey Trib, somehow I forgot to include the Goofy "raise the roof" picture in the Outtakes post. Yikes, right? :eek: Well, I noticed it and went back to edit it and include it....but I'm really surprised that you didn't get on my case about it! How did you miss that? :confused3
What?!! Only one post for the Outtakes? Oh my! The end is near :scared1:

You could have put that one on the last page and titled it THE END! :lmao:

I asked my wife if I could post the one of her chest way back when I was on that portion of the TR and she said okay, but she's sitting nearby right now and heard me chuckle and asked what I was laughing about. I mentioned the chest picture, and now she doesn't remember giving me permission. She did, really! Now she says that apparently she didn't realize what she was giving permission for. Ooops. I may be in the doghouse. If only I hadn't chuckled.

Well that one is too funny... In fact, the way it looks is like Minnie is protecting the "girls" on that ride :rotfl2::lmao: It's her Minnie seat belt... or chest belt!

Well that one is too funny... In fact, the way it looks is like Minnie is protecting the "girls" on that ride :rotfl2::lmao: It's her Minnie seat belt... or chest belt!

Oh I see what you mean. With Minnie's hands like that she looks like a little crossing guard.

We woke up on July 5th knowing that this dreaded day would eventually come -- the day that I’d write the final installment to this trip report, er oops no, the day we’d have to leave our beloved Kidani suite and the rest of “the World” and head back home to the “real world”.

We had to get up early, 5:15 am for me, in order to meet the Magic Express bus for a 6:30 am pickup time. It was tough waking the kids. It was hard enough during the week, but now we had no “park incentive” to lure them with. Eventually we got everyone up, showered, and dressed. We finished off the last of the cereal and packed the few remaining things that we had needed that morning. Then we herded the kids and suitcases out into the hall while I did a final “once through”, as I like to call it, to see if we left anything behind. It seems like I did find something, maybe a sock or something, but I don’t remember exactly what now.

We got down to the lobby right at 6:30 and Judy went out to the bus, while I stopped at the front desk to check on something with the bill. When I went out to the bus, Judy told me the driver was about to pull away since we weren’t there yet. I figured he’d be late, but we were his first stop. :guilty: Oh well, now he’ll be late at the next stops, helping out the people at those resorts who are having trouble getting up that early. :rolleyes:

Our ME driver was a very friendly guy and we talked throughout the ride. He had retired from factory work around Chicago and followed his kids down to the Orlando area. He rattled off the number of ME arrivals over the past week or so, and the most had been on the day we arrived. Figures.

We went over to Pop Century for the next pickup, and I thought this golf cart looked pretty cool, so took a picture through the open door of the ME bus.

img_1570.jpg

I learned from the ME driver that the in-bus movie is kicked-off by GPS -- it starts when they reach a pre-determined point on the highway. The same system is used for the boats at Port Orleans to control the change in music when you go from Riverside to French Quarter. He said “the movie will kick in right about the time we get to the second palm tree on this on-ramp”, pointed his finger at the dashboard, and after a pause the movie started in.

We arrived at the airport and checked-in. Once at the gate I took a couple of pictures. Even though we were leaving, we were still smilin’.

img_1572.jpg

img_1573.jpg

Right after I took these pictures we looked up at the TV monitor and were shocked to see the news that there had been a monorail crash overnight and a monorail driver had been killed. We’ve since learned that the driver killed was a young man named Austin Wuennenberg, who loved his job and was great at interacting with park guests, as so many cast members are. This was such a sad event and shows that even the magic of Disney World isn’t always immune to life’s realities. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Austin’s family.

This was a sad note to end on, but we had a truly wonderful week. I think back on the fun times we spent at the fishin’ hole in Port Orleans Riverside, watching Yeehaa Bob Jackson, braving new and bigger rollercoasters at the parks, playing in the pools, going to DHS with DSiL and DN, and eating in some great restaurants. We made some great memories, and now we can’t wait to go back.

There is no “next installment”, but I’ve started a Pre-Trip Report for our next trip in June 2010. If you haven’t already signed-on, please feel free to stop by and say “hi”.

:sad1: I'm going over to your PTR- I can't believe I'm already 9 pages behind. Thanks for such an awesome report & all of the great photos you shared! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great trip report. As they say "all good things have to end" and home we all must go. Al least everyone was still smiling. Mine are usually grumpy.

Is there a picture where you all AREN'T smiling?

I can't recall it! Your family is just beautiful and happiness shines through your pictures over and over again. Always smiling and looking happy.

I still love the Yeti, what a well earned prize!

Thanks for the great trip report. As they say "all good things have to end" and home we all must go. Al least everyone was still smiling. Mine are usually grumpy.

You are most welcome! Hey, weren't you at Disney World recently? How did it go? Were you able to get to some of the resorts to check out the decorations?

Is there a picture where you all AREN'T smiling?

I can't recall it! Your family is just beautiful and happiness shines through your pictures over and over again. Always smiling and looking happy.

I still love the Yeti, what a well earned prize!

Thanks for the nice compliments Cynthia. We were at Disney World...that probably helped contribute to the smiles.

Yes, and Yeti appreciated not being relegated to the cargo hold.

Guess who!?

OK, here's a small litany of excuses why I haven't made it over here sooner.

1) I spend 99% of my time over on the PTR side.

2) I saw this TR here about 4 months ago, and figured it was old news, a goner, whatever, so didn't bother to check.

3) Didn't realize it was yours.

4) I'm lame- please forgive me.

Now that I"m about 400 years and 1,000 pages behind, I'll have to use the nicely executed TOC to catch up over the next few days. THanks for doing those!

Going now to spend my evening in pleasant company~~~

Guess who!?

OK, here's a small litany of excuses why I haven't made it over here sooner.

1) I spend 99% of my time over on the PTR side.

2) I saw this TR here about 4 months ago, and figured it was old news, a goner, whatever, so didn't bother to check.

3) Didn't realize it was yours.

4) I'm lame- please forgive me.

Now that I"m about 400 years and 1,000 pages behind, I'll have to use the nicely executed TOC to catch up over the next few days. THanks for doing those!

Going now to spend my evening in pleasant company~~~

Don't apologize...I know exactly what you mean. There are some great threads still underway that I just never jumped on the bandwagon for because I thought they were too far along and I didn't have the time to catch up. I thought they were going to wrap up long ago, and now that I see them still active I'm like "doh" :headache:

You are most welcome! Hey, weren't you at Disney World recently? How did it go? Were you able to get to some of the resorts to check out the decorations?

Yes, we went to MK on 12/20. It was collllld!!!! It was crowded but not to bad because we all got to do what we wanted. Didn't stay that night for the EMH because of the cold tho.

We went to GF, Poly and the BW hotel. All done up very nicely. We spent time and DTD and the Boardwalk which is always fun. Only in town from Sat and left Monday afternoon but it was a nice getaway. Now I am going to start planning my summer vacation.

Going to go check your PTR before it gets so long that it is hard to catch up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts