I started packing tonight!

Pig Pen

To all who have come to this happy place...welcome
I am leaving in 2 weeks for a 2 week stay at WDW so I decided to get my summer stuff out and make sure I can still wear it! Ladies, is there nothing worse than trying on khaki shorts with dry white legs????? Yuck.

Anyway....I have 9 shorts/capris and 1 pair of jeans packed. Unfortunately, I have a stack of 27 shirts I want to take. Along with matching flip-flops for each outfit (I have a flip-flop fetish).

Needless to say, I will be paring back over the next 2 weeks. I always end up wearing the same 3 or 4 outfits over and over. Too bad I cannot remember "the favorites" from my September trip!

Pig Pen said:
I am leaving in 2 weeks for a 2 week stay at WDW so I decided to get my summer stuff out and make sure I can still wear it! Ladies, is there nothing worse than trying on khaki shorts with dry white legs????? Yuck.

I know what you mean!!!! I am very fair...and refuse to lay in a "cancer box"....so I just live with it!!!! I make sure I remember the sunscreen!!!!! :rotfl2:

Lucky you! I am only going for 2 nights and can't decide what to pack. I have about 10 outfits that I "want" to wear and only "need" maybe 3! My DH said that I was crazy for starting to pack now, but then again, he doesn't see why I am going on a solo trip to begin with.

Wow, you're packing early. I started packing today and here I was wondering if I should wait another day or so to start and we're only leaving in 3 days.

But even worse than the dry white leg/khaki short problem, try legs in the midst of an eczema flare-up with hives. Makes me want to dress in long pants and a turtleneck because trust me it ain't gonna be pretty.

I started packing last weekend, about 17 days out. We put our big suitcase out in the extra bedroom and start putting things in it that we'll need. I'm off work Monday so that's when I'll try to get nearly everything else out and start packing. I like going this time of year because we're not wearing the clothes that we take, so I'm not having to scramble around the night before.

Just a suggestion to the dry, white skin...I recently bought some Jergens natural glow daily moisturizer, and while it's not like the regular fake tan lotion, you don't get that fakey, orange color, it does give a nice realistic tint. We have super dry weather here in W. Texas, so I've been putting it on my arms & legs each morning and I've really been pleased with the results.

I am leaving at 7 am in the morning. Eating at BOMA'S at 5 pm tommorrow.

slp87 said:
Just a suggestion to the dry, white skin...I recently bought some Jergens natural glow daily moisturizer, and while it's not like the regular fake tan lotion, you don't get that fakey, orange color, it does give a nice realistic tint. We have super dry weather here in W. Texas, so I've been putting it on my arms & legs each morning and I've really been pleased with the results.

I'm with you on that Jergen's....though last summer I switched over to the Olay Quench....same thing as the Jergen's, but the smell is a bit nicer to me.

Just cracked open the bottle the other day to try to get rid of some of the pasty whiteness of my legs before we leave next Friday! Though I'm so pale, I think I should have started just after Christmas. :rolleyes:

i've got the luggage out ready to be packed and we're not leaving until april 8......i'm a big fan of the jergens or neutrogena I'm naturally flurescent white with usually a couple of attractive bruises........i've got to do something to knock the glare off...

I'm with you on that Jergen's....though last summer I switched over to the Olay Quench....same thing as the Jergen's, but the smell is a bit nicer to me.
That's the one thing I didn't like about the Jergens, the smell. It wasn't too bad, but if there's something better, I'll have to try it when I run out.

We leave in 26days. I usually start packing by now. I dont even have the suitcases out yet! And only 6 more non-work days so time really is counting down

I used the Jergens last year and got so many compliments on my nice color. It was a nice change from the Caspar comments I usually get. Wish I could do it this year but I can't put on anything but steroids for my eczema now, lol.

Darn! I just returned from shopping...I wish I had read about the Jergens before I left!

Would it work in a week's time?

Pig Pen said:

Anyway....I have 9 shorts/capris and 1 pair of jeans packed. Unfortunately, I have a stack of 27 shirts I want to take. Along with matching flip-flops for each outfit (I have a flip-flop fetish).

Needless to say, I will be paring back over the next 2 weeks. I always end up wearing the same 3 or 4 outfits over and over. Too bad I cannot remember "the favorites" from my September trip!
LOL! I know what you mean. I got out my summer clothes yesterday. I still need 1 pr of shorts. Everything is packed sort of, I'm still hunting things down. I have next weekend to do my packing because after that week things will go down hill. Have you ever used the sunless tanning lotion. I think the one that I have found is called Jergens. It has done better than any I have used. :banana:

Pig Pen said:
Darn! I just returned from shopping...I wish I had read about the Jergens before I left!

Would it work in a week's time?
You have to use it daily to see the results but I'm sure you'd have some kind of glow. I need to get working on mine! :cool1:

Suitcases are out for DS and I leaving on the 10th! Everyone thinks I'm crazy but I like it READY!! All we need are the socks and undies! Even the new Crocs from Payless are packed and ready. I'm soooo excited. Like the little boy in the Disney comercial "I'M TOOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!!!" :rotfl:
My DS just came up to me and said 12 more days to go Mom!!!! I've even been on Accuweather 15 day forcast :banana:

oooooh, a 15 day forecast???? I am checking it out.

It will also be a full moon on March 15. I LOVE Disney with a full moon!

BTW, I just added two more shirts to my suitcase! :eek:

I'm so jelous... I have a few more weeks... The thought of packing makes me so anxious!!... I'm very white too!!.. Gosh, I hope it warms up a little so I can get a lil bit of sun :sunny:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

People think I'm crazy packing today and we leave in 10 days. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who packs early :goodvibes My boss just came back from Mexico and she packed the night she was leaving on the plane :eek: I really don't know how people do that and remember everything. The shorts/tops and bading suits are packed, undies and pants(hoping not to use) will go in next Sunday. I'm getting very excited.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Florida and the :sunny: in 10 days
POR and WDW in Feb. 2007

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter