i sure hope they get the delays/cancellations sorted at Schiphol!!

I was supposed to fly into there two weeks ago to go to NYC but we got cancelled because of fog and had to endure a three hour dash to Heathrow instead. Nightmare!

two days ago there was a complete power outage in the area where the airport is..
so also schiphol completely lost power and they closed the airport...
so for a time all flights were cancelled...
and there was a big knockon effect that lasted two days....
just one of those unexpected things that can happen when you travel..
there were pictures all over the press of massive crowds inside the airport..
and crowds of people getting out of cars and walking long ways to get past the massive traffic jams...
walking with their luggage to the airport...though it didn't help them...it was all cancelled..
good thing it's not the summer yet...probably would have been even worse..

my mother always flies through schiphol as a plane change hub when flying back and forth to detroit...
klm has very reasonably priced business class tickets on very nicely appointed delta planes..
you fly in the very same business pod seat but at half the price you pay on delta...
still not cheap, but much less expensive than delta and at her age (90, soon 91), pretty much the only way she'll travel now..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!