I *think* I made DH a lifelong Disney Fan! A June 2017 TR (the end 7/19)

Introductions

Hello! Welcome to all of my previous readers, as well as any new readers! I just made a semi-bellyache post last night about needing to get this started this week but being lazy and unmotivated however I figured I would attempt to get it going
. Maybe by starting, I can relieve some of my post Disney vaca depression.

Completely off topic but also helping with my PDVD is the LuLaRoe Collection for Disney. Any other LLR fans? Of course, the biggest problem with this antidote is that it is too expensive to be a long term solution. So, another reason to get started on this trip report.

Okay, so let's do this thing!

First off, here is the obligatory family photo:

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8052455809.jpeg
Looking good, huh? ;)

Now let me introduce you individually to the cast of characters:

IMG_6252.JPG
First up is my DH, Chad. If you have been reading my PTR, you know that this was his first trip in 35 years! The last time he went, he was 9 or 10 and Epcot had just opened! So I considered it my mission to make him a lifelong fan, so we can continue making trips here as a family. Not the easiest task because he suffers from anxiety and generally dislikes crowds and lots of people...which we all know is encountered at Disney. After a rough first day start, though, I'm fairly certain, I completed my mission successfully - per the title of this TR.

Before the trip, his favorite characters were Figment and The Muppets and I think those remain. When I did ask him his favorite things at Disney the other night, this is what he said (in this order): Sanaa, the atmosphere at Wilderness Lodge and Whispering Canyon Cafe, Flights of Passage, drinking around the World at Epcot, and everything at MK because we all enjoyed being there and he could see how much the boys loved Disney there.

So, what do you guys think? Lifelong fan? Or no? ;)

Next up, also in the above photo, is:
IMG_6198.JPG
Will, 3 years old, preschooler, been to Disney twice now. Before the trip he claimed his favorite rides were IASW, PotC, and People Mover. Well, move over, because his new favorite is Goofy's Barnstormer! We all rode it together first and AJ - my non-thrill rider - said "never again". But Will wanted to go on it again and again!! They even asked for the front and got it on one ride! Needless to say, I have hope he will become my roller coaster riding buddy however, he wasn't tall enough for anything but Barnstormer so I have not tested the theory yet!

Oh and his favorite movies are the Cars movies - we saw the third one the Friday that it came out and thought it was great - and his favorite characters are, of course, McQueen, Mater, Cruz Ramirez, and Mickey and Minnie!

Then we have this one:
IMG_6487b.jpg
AJ, 5 years old, soon-to-be Kindergartener, and Jedi-in-training! He has been to Disney three times, now. He is definitely not a thrill rider as he is tall enough for almost all the rides but he refuses most of the height restricted ones. I got him on Splash Mtn again this year but he freaked out the whole time! His favorite rides are Pooh and Tomorrowland Speedway. His favorite Disney movies are any of them with Pooh in them and his favorite characters are, you guessed it, Winnie the Pooh, Eyeore, and Tigger.

Lastly, there is me:
IMG_6405.JPG
So, Disney fanatic - if you can't tell or don't already know, Disney LLR lover - lol, Disney World drink taster...haha. I *think* I have been to Disney about 16 times but I honestly do not remember all my visits as a kid so it could be more.

I truly enjoyed spending time with my little family at WDW. After a rough start on arrival day, everything after that went very smoothly, my planning paid off and we all had a wonderful time!

My favorite rides are still ToT and BTMRR. My favorite characters are Maleficent, Rapunzel, Ariel, Aurora, and Rey from TFA...though I also have much affection for Mulan, Stitch, and recently, Cruz Ramirez. Favorite movies are Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, and The Force Awakens. Also, I have lots of love for Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, and Cars 3. Um...can you tell how indecisive I truly am??? HAHA.

So, like I said above, all-in-all it was a great trip, we got done almost everything I had planned and we wanted to, we hit quite a few rope drops and/or early mornings (and late nights!), and had several good meals! We were flexible and changed some plans but not really too many things, except where we just wanted to. It really was my favorite Disney vacation to date!

So buckle up and come along for the ride on our 2017 trip report!

Thanks for joining in!

Up next: Day One 6/3/2017 ~ Travel & Arrival

Last edited:

After a rough first day start, though, I'm fairly certain, I completed my mission successfully - per the title of this TR.
It certainly looked like he enjoyed himself from the facebook photos!

Needless to say, I have hope he will become my roller coaster riding buddy however, he wasn't tall enough for anything but Barnstormer so I have not tested the theory yet!
I am pretty sure this is how Morgan became a roller coaster junkie as well. Although, she doesn't like Everest... She says it's too high! So, you never know...

It certainly looked like he enjoyed himself from the facebook photos!
Yeh, I think his happiness was quite evident, huh? :)

I am pretty sure this is how Morgan became a roller coaster junkie as well. Although, she doesn't like Everest... She says it's too high! So, you never know...
Good to know...though I hope he will eventually like EE as well since it is one of my faves!

Darn-I'm 8 minutes too late to be the first comment! Oh well, I'm following along too!
Second is a fairly good spot! Thank you so much for joining in!

Following along! I lurked on your Pre-Trip report, but wanted to say Hi! :wave:as I was down there during the same time frame!

Made the first page! Yay!! Super glad you got started!

Any other LLR fans?

:love:I was so excited when I found out about the Disney collection...

the biggest problem with this antidote is that it is too expensive to be a long term solution.

::yes:: Too bad I can't afford any of them! :rotfl2:

Looking good, huh? ;)

:thumbsup2 You are a good lookin bunch!

Not the easiest task because he suffers from anxiety and generally dislikes crowds and lots of people...

I know that all too well, my DH has debilitating anxiety; the grocery store is sometimes too much, so Disney is always a source of stress. Good thing your DH has a planner extraordinaire to make the trip smoother! :cool1:

everything at MK because we all enjoyed being there and he could see how much the boys loved Disney there.

:goodvibes

his new favorite is Goofy's Barnstormer!
I have hope he will become my roller coaster riding buddy

AWESOME! You'll have a buddy to ride the coasters with!! He'll definitely be tall enough when y'all go back!

I got him on Splash Mtn again this year but he freaked out the whole time!

Oh no! Poor guy, at least he knows what he likes.

Lastly, there is me:
img_6405-jpg.246427

This is the cutest photo!

my planning paid off and we all had a wonderful time!

:jumping1: Other than the rough start, which I hope wasn't too bad, sounds like you guys had a blast! Can't wait for the details! :bounce:

Great introductions. Great that your DH was able to join in on the family fun - I'm sure he really enjoyed seeing the boys enjoy themselves. Glad the trip was smooth after the start.

Awesome start, glad to hear you converted the hubby. Can't wait to hear all about it

Made the first page! Yay!! Super glad you got started!
Yay! Thanks for joining!

I was so excited when I found out about the Disney collection...

Too bad I can't afford any of them! :rotfl2:
They are quite expensive. I keep telling myself I can get a Minnie shirt at Target for less than half the price!

You are a good lookin bunch!
Thank you!

I know that all too well, my DH has debilitating anxiety; the grocery store is sometimes too much, so Disney is always a source of stress.
Sorry to hear but I can relate.

Good thing your DH has a planner extraordinaire to make the trip smoother!
I do my best! ;)

AWESOME! You'll have a buddy to ride the coasters with!! He'll definitely be tall enough when y'all go back!
Let's hope so! He is like 15th percentile for weight and 75th for height...so yeh, a bowling ball!

This is the cutest photo!
Thanks!

Following along!
Thanks for joining!

Great introductions. Great that your DH was able to join in on the family fun - I'm sure he really enjoyed seeing the boys enjoy themselves. Glad the trip was smooth after the start.
Thank you!

Awesome start, glad to hear you converted the hubby. Can't wait to hear all about it
Thanks for joining! I need to catch up on yours now that I am back!

Following!
Thank you!

Following along!!
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!