I *think* I made DH a lifelong Disney Fan! A June 2017 TR (the end 7/19)

Wait, I'm with Kari- adult slushes at Cool Wash? And with Steves beloved grey goose no less? He's half asleep,but I just had to yell this info at him lol!! You know we're hitting that up next week if it's open :thumbsup2 I have to get that Cascadia Sangria this time as well.
I hear you about the WL bus stop being fairly far at Epcot too, because Steve reminds me constantly every time we leave that park since he's not a bus lover :rolleyes: But you survived and hopefully it was just another lesson for Chad as to why he should always listen to you!

Alright so I think I have figured out the timing of our next few steps.

This happens to me a lot. Memory is really going for me.

On the way, we passed by Mouse Gear and we decided to stop so Chad could look for a hat.

Dennis was on the hunt for a hat too. He found one but didn't want to pay what they were asking.

So, in the end, we bailed.

Bummer. I love Test Track. Hopefully you got to do it latter in the week.

The boys and I got to TT Cool Wash and AJ got a Blue Raspberry Slushie, Will got some cute Disney themed veggie chips, and Mama got a Grey Goose Raspberry Lemonade Slushie! Yummy!

This sounds soooo good.

They hit the spot on a hot, humid summer day!

I bet they did!

Thanks for that, I guess! LOL.

Lots of running around, but in the end they made it right.

Now here is where it gets a little dicey. As you all know, I had wanted to drive to Epcot but Chad wanted to try the bus. Well, the bus stop for WL is FAR, FAR AWAY and once we finally got there, we had to wait for what seemed like forever for a bus to arrive. I didn't say anything but Chad knew what I was thinking and I think he got a little irked. In any case, the bus finally came and we made it back to WL, but it was quite a bit after I had planned.

I hate when this happens with the buses. We had lots of bus issues in May.

Once inside, we stopped for a Photopass photo:
dhs-edited-jpg.256366

I love this Picture! Your boys know how to "Cheese it".

I got a Caprese Sandwich - marinated fresh Mozzarella, Vine-ripe Tomatoes, Herb-cheese Pesto, and Arugula on Ciabatta Bread served with French Fries, and Chad got the Chili-Cheese All-Beef Hot Dog. He got a Yuengling and I got a Frozen Margarita. The boys chose their peanut butter and/or cereal. SMH.

This sounds really good too. It's lunch time here and I haven't eaten. This is not helping.

I'm so sorry I have abandoned this thread but pre-planning is no joke! I'm hoping to reply to you all personally this weekend if possible but it's probably going to be a week or more before I get in another update.

I haven't even had time to catch up on all your PTRs and TRs! And I hate that it's too much trouble to try to reply on my iPad, so I pretty much have to pull out the laptop. But I'm hoping to get caught up soon!

Thanks for any and all patience!

Awe look at those cheesy smiles.
Thank you! They do love to cheese it up!

THis cracks me up that AJ just wouldn't ride. Having a kiddo myself, I can imagine that conversation. LOL!
OMG, he is "that kid". I hope he gets over his fear and can enjoy more of the rides when he gets older.

That does sound yummy! Refreshing in the heat!
It most definitely was!

at least there's that. Same CM I assume?
Yes! LOL.

Lucky! We won't get to ride it before it closes for good. :sad:
That stinks!

Yep! If you have the wheels, use em! I'm actually really nervous about being at the mercy of Disney transportation. We've always had a car there. We may be taking more than a couple Mini-vans around the World in September! ::MinnieMo
It's nice they have that option available now.

I thought we were slushy experts but I did not know about the adult slushes. I love that raspberry lemonade one and I am going to love it even more when I don't have to share it AND it has vodka in it. Right by test track?
Yes! To the right of the attraction!

I love the boys' shirts here. The muppets! and it looks great with the green shirt.
Thank you!

I'm always impressed by people's trip reports when they are able to go from one park, to relaxing/swimming at the resort, then back to another park. Seems like a lot packed into one day, and yet you were able to accomplish it! Even with riding the buses instead of driving yourself!
I know that it almost seems counter productive to go to all that trouble and inconvenience for the break...but we have always managed to have it work for us. I know that isn't the case for everyone though.

All signed up and loving your report!
Thank you for joining! I'm so sorry I disappeared right after you joined! The first few weeks of school are always crazy but I promise to be back as soon as possible!

Those slushies look good! I had every intention of getting one, but I didn't.
Boo!

The sangria sounds amazing, I need to try one!
For sure!

We also ate at Backlot Express, I was kind of surprised everything was good since HS isn't known for their food.
Me, too!

Either way, free popcorn!
Wahoo!

I love the ears. I still want those but I ordered ONE pair for me. Yes, only one.
I'm almost afraid to admit that I have bought two more pair since we have been back! I need to post the photos...but one is a Little Mermaid one, complete with dinglehopper, and the other is a villains one!

I don't think he should've waited...sounds like he was doing it right!!
You are probably right!

Don't you love when that happens?! Not the run around part, but when they make it right for you. My mom was just there two days ago again (LUCKY) and they got a whole delivery pizza for free because their first one was dropped and then got a huge hot dog at Casey's for free because they gave her the wrong one at first. I'll take some pixie dust for a small inconvenience at any time!
That is true!

Cool Wash is rarely open when we are there so I had no idea they had adult slushies. Let me say that again, adult slushies. I would be all over thoe, especially grey goose and lemonade. That sounds awesome!
It was yummy!

Glad it all worked out ok, but weird you had your receipt and she wouldn't just do it from that.
I thought the same.

Totally loving all the beverages that are flowing today. You all disney just like us :drinking1
I truly enjoyed that aspect of the trip this time. Last year, I didn't partake as much because I was missing my drinking partner...not this year! Haha.

Wait, I'm with Kari- adult slushes at Cool Wash? And with Steves beloved grey goose no less? He's half asleep,but I just had to yell this info at him lol!! You know we're hitting that up next week if it's open :thumbsup2
I hope it is! So yummy!

I have to get that Cascadia Sangria this time as well.
For sure!

But you survived and hopefully it was just another lesson for Chad as to why he should always listen to you!
This, exactly! LOL

Hope the first day back wasn't too painful. And I hope you hit your goal of working out in the am. I just finished my elliptical as I wasn't too happy with my 5:15 alarm this morning...
It was a rough week. Just getting back in the groove and physically speaking, as well, having to set up my room. I managed to work out both Monday and Tuesday. I got up early all week but had to stop at Walmart on the way in on Wed. and go in early on Thursday. Friday I was just lazy and tired. I'm moving my work outs back to right after work but I am giving myself this week as a grace period if I am just too tired.

This happens to me a lot. Memory is really going for me.
Oh my gosh...definitely the same for me and it is so frustrating some times!

Bummer. I love Test Track. Hopefully you got to do it latter in the week.
I won't keep you in suspense....I did not. We missed it last year, too! One of these trips.....

I love this Picture! Your boys know how to "Cheese it".
They truly do!

I'm almost afraid to admit that I have bought two more pair sinc
I am still waiting for my ears that I picked out to show up! Morgan and Gwen's have arrived but I am still waiting on my pair...

I'm moving my work outs back to right after work but I am giving myself this week as a grace period if I am just too tired.
First week back is tough but keep going. I have to remind myself ALL the time, just keep going... I am afraid I am not going to make my goal for September, but I am going to try keep going.

I am still waiting for my ears that I picked out to show up! Morgan and Gwen's have arrived but I am still waiting on my pair...
I caught up on your PTR this weekend but I don't remember if you are still waiting on the ears? I want to say they came but maybe that was just photos you posted after you ordered?

First week back is tough but keep going. I have to remind myself ALL the time, just keep going... I am afraid I am not going to make my goal for September, but I am going to try keep going.
Well, I gave myself the week to get back into the groove of work but I did work out yesterday! My plan is 3 days during the week and 1 or 2 days on the weekend. I'd love - well that may be too strong a word - to do it every day but errands have to be run some days, unfortunately.

So I wanted to do an update tonight and finish out our DHS evening but I don't have the photos on this computer. I so totally thought I had them. Wahhhhhhh! So I need to get the photos off my work computer and then I can do the update. Maybe tomorrow night though it is supposed to be early to bed Monday as I have to be at work by 7:15 Tuesday morning for a meeting. Ugh. I'm so disappointed. I do promise to get back to this. I never thought I would be so tired but I think I say that every year...haha.

Anyway, I have spent a lot of the weekend catching up on a lot of reports so I guess I will go back to that for the rest of the evening!

I know I have said this a lot but thanks for hanging in with me!

I caught up on your PTR this weekend but I don't remember if you are still waiting on the ears? I want to say they came but maybe that was just photos you posted after you ordered?
I need to update my PTR! We are on vacation this week (as you saw on Facebook) and my ears arrived yesterday! So, I haven't seen them yet. I am thinking of getting a halloween pair and a halloween tank for the halloween party but I wanted to see what these ears looked like first. So, I may have to rush that pair.

My plan is 3 days during the week and 1 or 2 days on the weekend. I'd love - well that may be too strong a word - to do it every day but errands have to be run some days, unfortunately.
Ha! Love is a strong word for working out. But I do feel now that we are working out somewhat regularly that if I skip too many days in a row that I need to workout. I may not WANT to do it. My goal of being on vacation is to hopefully not gain any weight. Just stay status quo.... #fingercrossed

Day Three 6/5/2017 ~ Epcot and Hollywood Studios (part 3)

After we left dinner, we headed to Muppets. Both the boys and DH love the Muppets so they enjoyed it. It certainly isn't a favorite of mine, but I'm okay with watching it for them, of course. Afterward, we walked through what appeared to be a Muppets shop, but it ended up being about a half of a room full of Muppets stuff and the rest of the shop was just other DHS and Disney souvenirs. Disappointing to Muppets fans such as my boys.

After that we headed to ride GMR with our FP. Mom had ridden this in 2016 when the rest of us did TSMM, but the boys and I missed it. So I'm glad we did it this time. One - because DH had never ridden it before and two - it is now closed. I had been reading rumors before the trip so I knew it was a possibility this could be the last trip with it open. It's never been a huge favorite of mine and I am looking forward to something new, but my mom really loved it and I know lots of others did too.

After this, it was time to head over to the dessert party. On the way, we stopped for a popcorn refill and to look around one of the shops. Will picked out a toy he wanted and then we all had to hit the restroom. After this it was check in time.

I had been conversing with a Special Events CM on the Star Wars thread and he was going to be working the dessert party, so I was excited to finally meet him. When we checked in, he informed us that we would have a special role that evening. We were to lead the Stormtroopers and party guests out to the special viewing area for the fireworks at the party's conclusion! We totally were not expecting that, but it was a wonderful surprise. We had some photos taken and were issued a certificate:
IMG_6220.JPG
We made our way into the party. We found a low table to put our stuff on and then we took turns getting some treats and drinks. I am going to preface this by saying that we really were not prepared for the party, since we had not done it before, so things didn't go incredibly smooth. I enjoyed it, as did DH but I think it would've worked better if we had been without the boys or they had been older. There wasn't much to do other than drink and eat and the boys really weren't into doing that. I had things for them to color and my phone for them to play with but this might have been a night I should have brought their ipads. Also, we were afraid to leave our table because we didn't really want to give it up but in retrospect, we probably should have done all our eating and drinking and then abandon that area and have a look around Launch Bay and meet the characters. But instead, Chad took Will to meet Chewbacca however once they were almost at the front, Will had a meltdown and they had to leave the line. Chad did end up going to meet Kylo Ren, whom I wasn't interested in because we had done the meet last year and I think his character is kind of a whiny brat, on his own and got some good photos:
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_402597038572.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_402597038576.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_402597038580.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_402597038586.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_402597038587.JPG
At one point, I took the boys to see BB-8 because the sign said 10 minutes but it was really hard to keep them occupied and after 10 minutes and still not being near the front, we left the line because it was getting close to time to go out.

As far as the drinks at the party, most were really too sweet, though I think I stuck with the margarita most of the night which was fine. I'm excited to hear they are adding beer and wine to the menu, though. The food seemed wonderful and plentiful but I didn't get to enjoy because our early dinner just wasn't early enough.

After coming back from attempting the BB-8 meet...by the way, for those keeping count, I didn't meet any of the SW characters...it was time to gather to lead the Stormtroopers out:
IMG_6221.JPG
The Special Events CMs gave the boys lender lightsabers and announced that our family would be leading out the crowd! How exciting! It truly was a magical moment that we will treasure for many years to come! Later on that night, we made sure to tweet to @WDWToday about Lou, the truly wonderful CM that had created that magical moment for us. I then heard that the tweet was read out in one of his CM meetings and it went into his file. So, if you guys ever run into a CM that goes above and beyond, and have a Twitter acct, I encourage you to do the same as I think it really means something to the CMs to be recognized for their great work.

Walking out to the reserved area was fast and furious but it was such a cool experience. Once we arrived, we grabbed a great spot, along with our souvenir Chewy mugs and some waters. The reserved viewing area had really been one of the main reasons for booking the party, just like the HEA one...so we didn't have to stake out a spot an hour or more in advance. Now, I will fully admit, this was not as good as the original Star Wars fireworks show that was playing in 2016, but it was still great, in its own right. I have several photos so here ya go:
IMG_6222.JPG
IMG_6225.JPG
IMG_6226.JPG

Con't in next post...

Last edited:
Day Three 6/5/2017 ~ Epcot and Hollywood Studios (part 3) con't

IMG_6227.JPG IMG_6229.JPG IMG_6230.JPG IMG_6231.JPG IMG_6232.JPG IMG_6235.JPG IMG_6236.JPG IMG_6237.JPG IMG_6239.JPG
I did get chills from watching this show. I'm a fairly big Star Wars fan and grew up on the movies, so I really enjoyed the projections a lot. The boys managed to fall asleep in the stroller but when it was finally over, AJ woke up and clapped a bunch then immediately went back to sleep.It really was quite funny!

After this, there was a mass exodus out of the park and getting to the buses was a nightmare. There were just people pouring by and we couldn't even cut across the crowd to get in line for the WL bus. Not that it mattered because the line was out of the little waiting area anyway. So we just waited it out and eventually after about maybe 15-20 minutes, the crowd slowed a bit and we were able to cross over and into the line. It was fine after that, though we did have to wait for a bus or two. In the end though, that worked out because we were one of the first to board so we had seats. It still was uncomfortable though because the boys were dead asleep and the stroller had to be folded up. Chad was holding the stroller and all the stuff and I had Will in my lap and AJ lying up against me in the seat next to me. Some of the people around us took pity on us and helped us to hold all of our stuff because it was getting hard to keep it all together. They even helped us get all our stuff off the bus. It was a really nice gesture that we were so very thankful for. However, all I will say is we never took another bus to any other park but MK again and I doubt we ever will. So at least it served that purpose!

So all in all, I would totally do the dessert party again, but I will just learn from my mistakes next time!

Up next: Day Four 6/6/2017 ~ Magic Kingdom (part 1)

Last edited:
I took the boys to see BB-8 because the sign said 10 minutes but it was really hard to keep them occupied and after 10 minutes and still not being near the front, we left the line because it was getting close to time to go out.

The same thing happened to me when I got in line for BB-8 during the dessert party! It didn't move at all so I got out.

It's never been a huge favorite of mine and I am looking forward to something new, but my mom really loved it and I know lots of others did too.

I did really love TGMR, but am ready for a change. Walt was about innovation and the ride had its moment in the sun. Enjoyable as I felt it was, it was outdated, by a long shot!

We were to lead the Stormtroopers and party guests out to the special viewing area for the fireworks at the party's conclusion!

How cool!!

There wasn't much to do other than drink and eat and the boys really weren't into doing that.

I fear this for our one TS Neal that isn't a character meal... they get so antsy!

Will had a meltdown and they had to leave the line.

Oof, no fun. Was he scared of Chewy or just sit of waiting?

I think his character is kind of a whiny brat

Totally! Such a child in the movie too.

after 10 minutes and still not being near the front, we left the line because it was getting close to time to go out.

That stinks, sorry the line wasn't moving. I'd rather they post longer waits.

I then heard that the tweet was read out in one of his CM meetings and it went into his file.

Awesome! Glad they were recognized!

as I think it really means something to the CMs to be recognized for their great work.

Totally! We usually write down their names and drop the cards at guest services before we head out. My sister and I were both CMs, briefly, and it really does make a difference if you say something about your experience, good or bad.

AJ woke up and clapped a bunch then immediately went back to sleep.It really was quite funny!

Lol! Kids are the best.

anyway. So we just waited it out and eventually after about maybe 15-20 minutes, the crowd slowed a bit and we were able to cross over and into the line

Oh yeah. DH learned that one the hard way in March. The fireworks ended and he was all, let's go! Then we stood in a mob on Main Street for 20 minutes. Hopefully we can just wait it out and meander out of the parks in a few weeks.

It still was uncomfortable though because the boys were dead asleep and the stroller had to be folded up. Chad was holding the stroller and all the stuff and I had Will in my lap and AJ lying up against me in the seat next to me

That's rough. I'm glad the other folks lent a hand though. Disney community!

all I will say is we never took another bus to any other park but MK again and I doubt we ever will. So at least it served that purpose!

I bet! I fear the bus, and am thinking we will be using the Minnie Vans, more than once. Lol!

Sounds like y'all had a great day here. Good to. Know about the dessert parties; we will wait a few years.

What great Star Wars fireworks pics you got! Sorry the party was a bit of a bust though. What you experienced is why we haven't even tried it yet. Between the cost for kids plus trying to keep them occupied during the party, it definitely seems like much more of an adult encounter. But your viewing area though and getting to lead the stormtroopers. How awesome!

had been conversing with a Special Events CM on the Star Wars thread and he was going to be working the dessert party, so I was excited to finally meet him. When we checked in, he informed us that we would have a special role that evening. We were to lead the Stormtroopers and party guests out to the special viewing area for the fireworks at the party's conclusion! We totally were not expecting that, but it was a wonderful surprise
I remember seeing this on FB, so awesome! Another perk of spending our valuable time on the Dis :thumbsup2

At one point, I took the boys to see BB-8 because the sign said 10 minutes but it was really hard to keep them occupied and after 10 minutes and still not being near the front, we left the line because it was getting close to time to go out.
Ugh that stinks. We were walking through Launch Bay this month while the party was going on and all the character lines were crazy long.

Later on that night, we made sure to tweet to @WDWToday about Lou, the truly wonderful CM that had created that magical moment for us. I then heard that the tweet was read out in one of his CM meetings and it went into his file. So, if you guys ever run into a CM that goes above and beyond, and have a Twitter acct, I encourage you to do the same as I think it really means something to the CMs to be recognized for their great work.
That's so cool too! I don't twitter lol and probably never will but this is a good reminder to give props to CM's who go above and beyond.

Now, I will fully admit, this was not as good as the original Star Wars fireworks show that was playing in 2016,
YES 100%! And I am so glad a SW fan admitted this :P

After this, there was a mass exodus out of the park and getting to the buses was a nightmare.
::yes:: Yup, we knew this would happen. I always try to talk Steve into hanging back when we're leaving a park with a fireworks/show crowd but he won't :headache: So we just left the SW fireworks a few minutes before they finished since um, there really aren't any fireworks :rolleyes: But then we stopped half way up the street for the finale to watch the ACTUAL fireworks that they did have at the end. Got to the bus stops before the masses hit
Can you tell I was not a fan of the new show!

It certainly isn't a favorite of mine, but I'm okay with watching it for them, of course.
I loved the Muppets growing up, but that show totally underwhelmed me! It is a little dated... If they are keeping it, it needs updated.

It's never been a huge favorite of mine and I am looking forward to something new, but my mom really loved it and I know lots of others did too.
I feel the same about the GMR. We were only able to go on it once, and I liked it just didn't love it.

I think his character is kind of a whiny brat,
HA!!!! :rotfl2:He totally is!

I didn't get to enjoy because our early dinner just wasn't early enough.
This is exactly what happened to us. We had a 1:30-2-ish lunch reservation and we were all still so stuffed by the time the party came around, I barely ate anything.

Now, I will fully admit, this was not as good as the original Star Wars fireworks show that was playing in 2016, but it was still great, in its own right.
I am pretty sure that is the firework show we saw, and we LOVED that one.

Once we arrived, we grabbed a great spot, along with our souvenir Chewy mugs and some waters.
OMG! What are you doing with your 4 Chewy Mugs!?!! Ours sit on the top shelf and get used like once every 6 months. And I admit, I think they are a little creepy! I took a survey for the party and I said they need to give you an option of mug, at least we would of had 2 and 2 if there was an option. Oh and seats!

The boys managed to fall asleep in the stroller but when it was finally over, AJ woke up and clapped a bunch then immediately went back to sleep.
Too cute!

It still was uncomfortable though because the boys were dead asleep and the stroller had to be folded up.
Ugh, we sadly have had this experience before. Actually twice! Once we were trying to get on the boat back to WL and I had to carry Morgan on the boat, leave her, and grab Gwen and get back on the boat while DH wrangled all the crap we had. Thankfully we had a really nice couple behind us who said they would keep an eye on Morgan and that it was on the boat and not crazy crowded! Our other time was after our firework show and it was pouring rain with tons of people. We were going to wait for the next bus but the nice people on the bus basically made us squeeze in, so we didn't have to wait. It was the longest bus ride from HS to WL! Morgan was practically falling asleep standing up!

They even helped us get all our stuff off the bus.
DH alway says everyone seems to have learned how to be decent people when they are in Disney. Just general kindness. Or maybe it's just Disney magic!

I bet! I fear the bus, and am thinking we will be using the Minnie Vans, more than once. Lol!
I can't wait to hear how you like the Minnie Vans, I think we will use it once or twice on our trip as well!

I am not a huge fan of the GMR either but I'm so happy I was able to ride it before it closed.

That's so awesome that your family was chosen to lead in the party guests! Your pics from the show were great.

Both the boys and DH love the Muppets so they enjoyed it.

We didn't get to do this on our trip. I wasn't upset about it.

After that we headed to ride GMR with our FP.

We didn't get to do this on our trip either. I was a little upset about it. :)

We were to lead the Stormtroopers and party guests out to the special viewing area for the fireworks at the party's conclusion!

How awesome!!! Gotta love special pixie dust!

Chad took Will to meet Chewbacca however once they were almost at the front, Will had a meltdown and they had to leave the line.

Been there done that, it was with POTC for us though.

AJ woke up and clapped a bunch then immediately went back to sleep.It really was quite funny!

This is HILARIOUS!!!

I love the photos and am totally with you on the driving instead of bussing!!!

Both the boys and DH love the Muppets so they enjoyed it. It certainly isn't a favorite of mine, but I'm okay with watching it for them, of course.

I loved the Muppets when I was growing up. I only do this every other trip or so. It really needs to be updated. The shop use to have more Muppets stuff.

After that we headed to ride GMR with our FP. Mom had ridden this in 2016 when the rest of us did TSMM, but the boys and I missed it. So I'm glad we did it this time. One - because DH had never ridden it before and two - it is now closed. I had been reading rumors before the trip so I knew it was a possibility this could be the last trip with it open. It's never been a huge favorite of mine and I am looking forward to something new, but my mom really loved it and I know lots of others did too.

I loved the GMR but I love old movies. I do agree it needed to be updated, but I will miss the old movies. I loved all the Movie clips at the end. I'm glad we got a ride on it in May.

We were to lead the Stormtroopers and party guests out to the special viewing area for the fireworks at the party's conclusion! We totally were not expecting that, but it was a wonderful surprise. We had some photos taken and were issued a certificate:

This is the best! I'm so happy the boys got to do this. I have a twitter but rarely use it. I'll have to try to give shout outs next trip.

Chad did end up going to meet Kylo Ren, whom I wasn't interested in because we had done the meet last year and I think his character is kind of a whiny brat, on his own and got some good photos:

These pictures are pretty intense. Chad looks like he's enjoying it.

I did get chills from watching this show. I'm a fairly big Star Wars fan and grew up on the movies, so I really enjoyed the projections a lot. The boys managed to fall asleep in the stroller but when it was finally over, AJ woke up and clapped a bunch then immediately went back to sleep.It really was quite funny!

We watched the show. I enjoyed it but it didn't wow me.

However, all I will say is we never took another bus to any other park but MK again and I doubt we ever will. So at least it served that purpose!

The busses were horrible our last trip. I'm glad Chad learned the error of his ways. When you fly you have to take the busses. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter