I Think I'm Overbooking Us...Thoughts?

I might cancel Park Fare dinner and switch it to breakfast (maybe in place of Ohana or Crystal Palace?). Garden Grill seems an easy cut. If you are in Epcot, I might replace Garden Grill for something else fun, my kids that age enjoyed Coral Reef, San Angel, Via Napoli because they are "cool" places to eat at.

Also, you can cancel up until the night before

4/4 - Ohana breakfast 8:00am (or even earlier if you are up for it or mid-morning as a break)
BOG Dinner 4:30pm

4/5 - (Cancel Garden Grill--you already have Tusker House and Ohana)
HEA Plaza Garden Party 7:30pm

4/6 - Park Fare breakfast 9:25am (you would get to see Winnie the Pooh)
(In between we are going to AK for FOP FP only - heading back to Poly by 3:00 for pool time)

4/7 - CRT Lunch 11:45am (Plane leaves at 6:10pm)

Thanks all for the really great suggestions and taking the time to share your thoughts. It really helps to come to the boards and get a second eye on things!

I might cancel Park Fare dinner and switch it to breakfast (maybe in place of Ohana or Crystal Palace?). Garden Grill seems an easy cut. If you are in Epcot, I might replace Garden Grill for something else fun, my kids that age enjoyed Coral Reef, San Angel, Via Napoli because they are "cool" places to eat at.

Also, you can cancel up until the night before

4/4 - Ohana breakfast 8:00am (or even earlier if you are up for it or mid-morning as a break)

4/5 - (Cancel Garden Grill--you already have Tusker House and Ohana)

4/6 - Park Fare breakfast 9:25am (you would get to see Winnie the Pooh)
(In between we are going to AK for FOP FP only - heading back to Poly by 3:00 for pool time)

This is a great plan thank you. I have a res finder set to see what we can do!

My concern would be your AK day and dinner at Saana. If you leave AK at 3:00, even if you are right at the entrance (which is probably unlikely) it will be 3:30 before you get back, and then you’ll turn around at 4:30 or so to get to Saana.

This really sounds wonderful. Taking the breaks to enjoy the restaurants in air conditioning will be welcome to all, and the food is always something I look forward to the most. I would, however, consider moving Crystal Palace to a later time since you are missing out on prime hours of rides with short lines.

We went in November with our 5yo daughter and 2 yo son and found 1-2 TS meals per day were great for us. My kids really stick to a schedule and really want their 3 meals per day. Unlike us gluttonous adults they didn't gorge themselves at each meal and were ready to eat again by the next meal time!

Also we really enjoyed being able to relax and take a break 1-2 times per day.

Quickly service is a pain with little kids too, since you have to wrangle the tray and drinks and condiments all yourself.

I agree with prior suggestions
To cancel the 8am Crystal palace. Way too much wasted prime park time

So much this! This is the first time I've ever read this comment from somebody other than me on here and now I don't feel so lonely! lol

I always claim, and always will, that one of the keys to a meltdown free vacation with younger children is to keep sleep and eat patterns as close to home as possible and this is one of the main reasons. They will not over stuff themselves at a buffet, for example, like an adult will. They will eat until they are full and stop and then they are good to go for their next normal meal time. So having a "big breakfast" and expecting that child to last until dinner with only a snack is likely going to lead to some hangriness from that child. And if they are used to eating at 6pm every day, booking an 8pm ADR when they normally go to bed at 8:00 is just setting yourself up for disaster.

Disclaimer: I realize that every family and child is different and as the parents we all know our kids best, but generally this will be the case.

I am having the hardest time eliminating. Help? This is for the upcoming week after Easter, we have a 3 and 6 year olds and next time we come they may not be as into characters:

Staying at AKL on regular dining plan:
3/31 - Boma Dinner 5:45pm (no other plans but arrival around 2pm and swimming)

4/1 - Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast at 12:00pm

4/2 - Tusker House Breakfast 9:50am (ROL package)
Sanaa Dinner 5:10pm (Leaving AK around 3:00-3:30 for a break before ROL)

Switching to Poly room only - no dining plan:
4/3 - Sci-Fi Lunch 1:05pm
Star Wars Dessert Party 7:45pm

4/4 - Crystal Palace Breakfast 8:00am (Elimination Candidate - no advantage - park opening at 8am)

4/5 - Garden Grill Lunch 1:40pm (Elimination Candidate because we'll see Mickey & Pluto tomorrow)

4/6 - Ohana Breakfast 9:25am
Park Fare Dinner 5:35pm (Elimination Candidate due to CRT, but I hear such good things)

I am not concerned about cost, just our sanity. Also I gained 10lbs just re-reading this. Thank you for any thoughts.
I personally don’t think you have too many planned. It really all depends on the personality of your 3yo and how you think he/she will handle two sit down meals on certain days. We were there last month with a 6yo and almost 2yo. We did for MK day1-Crystal Palace for late breakfast/lunch (it was like 11:15), Epcot day- Tutto Italia for lunch, HS day- Sci Fi for lunch with the Fantasmic dessert party that night (this was the day that really threw the 23 month old over the edge), AK day- Tusker House lunch (love this place and would never not go!), 1900 PF after our MK day with HEA dessert party that night, Ohana breakfast morning before AK day, and on our last day we did Chef Mickey Breakfast and Ohana dinner. The 23 month old wasn’t too happy during the Ohana dinner either haha- but he’s a handful.
I really liked 1900pf for dinner so I can’t say I’d eliminate it. But if you did want to but still want princesses maybe switch Garden Grill for Akershus? I’ve never been to GG(but have heard good things). I’ve been to Akershus for lunch though and enjoyed it.

My concern would be your AK day and dinner at Saana. If you leave AK at 3:00, even if you are right at the entrance (which is probably unlikely) it will be 3:30 before you get back, and then you’ll turn around at 4:30 or so to get to Saana.

We are staying at AKL, so the plan is to get back to the room by 4:00ish to just relax a bit and change before heading to dinner at Sanaa which is also at AKL, albeit in Kidani. We'll probably take the shuttle from Jambo. Then after our early dinner, meander back to our room for a little more relaxation before heading back to AKL around 7:15 ish for ROL.

So the only change I've made so far is to switch Garden Grill for Coral Reef... I know it is not a fan-favorite necessarily, but when I brought DH in on the planning we decided we still wanted a TS meal for lunch that day, and it fits best into our touring plan for the day. Also, we think the kids will think it is cool and they love to eat fish.

Also, DH really, really wants CP. I had no idea he would be so excited for it. So I'm hoping a later breakfast time pops up but keeping the 8am for now. Fingers crossed! If we do the 8am, honestly oh well. It is like the only character interaction I've seen him get excited for.

Still on the fence about 1900 Park Fare Dinner. It will probably be a see how the week is going decision the day before. It may also depend on the weather honestly. If it is for some reason not pool weather I would like something to do other than a park that night since we are traveling the next day.

Thanks again to all for your thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!